Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no claims worth paying out for

• 07-09-2016 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi im hoping someone can offer advice im 30 year old female driver full licence for 8 years, 8 years NCB. Back in June i was reversing out of a spot in an underground carpark as i was reversing out another driver was reversing into the space alongside me. Initally i was told we were both at fault but later insurance advised they would be paying the other driver as i was in the space and she was on the road reversing in she had right of way being on the road. The small scratch had a quote for €1100 as lady wanted to use garage she bought the car from my insurance has got the price down to €1008. I have been advised that if i pay back the claim before my renewal it wont effect my NCB. I had step back protection so i still have 2 years NCB. In the long run is it worth it to pay back the claim and save my NCB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

The lost ncb financial cost will be for next 3 years so for calculations please ask your insurer die guide rates , what this years renewal would have been with 5yrs ncb.

This will tell you this years extra premium. Then ask on 3 & 4 year scales. Add all and determine if better to pay off claim .

That only way to know... Ps.., if you pay up - option to protect ncb will be available PLEASE BUY

• Registered Users Posts: 18 leesdale

Thanks for the advice, I had step back protection so all is not lost, its just i put through my details and my premium with no claims bonus would be €690, with the claim its €890 so its €200 onto my premium. I'm saving towards the €1008 but it will mean paying €1698 for claim and years insurance. Keeping the claim will cost €890. I know in the long term i'll end up paying for it. My insurance is due for renewal in January so its not ideal to fork out soooo much just after Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Presume you also have an excess if you do pursue the claim?

no excess i didnt claim myself, a claim has been put in against me by the other driver i've not claimed against my insurance therefore no excess no damage done to my car.

...... as an aside it's a good idea to always reverse into a space to enable you to drive out :)

• Advertisement

Noted!! Had I known the reversing into a spot from the road negates all liability!!!

leesdale wrote: »
    Noted!! Had I known the reversing into a spot from the road negates all liability!!!

It's not that as such, if you are driving out you are more likely to see both vehicles and pedestrians and what they are doing, your view is quite limited reversing out from a parking space. Reversing into a space isn't so bad.

Augeo wrote: »
    It's not that as such, if you are driving out you are more likely to see both vehicles and pedestrians and what they are doing, your view is quite limited reversing out from a parking space. Reversing into a space isn't so bad.

I take your point. Going forward I will always be reversing in. The lines were blurred as both vehicles were reversing however being on the road gave other vehicle right of way. Both of us were negligent.

Advertisement