Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant id

Options
  • 07-09-2016 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Not much to go on, but a couple of these have sprouted up around the garden, and was wondering if anyone knew what they might be.

Leaves are waxy, all specimens growing very straight. They're around 3 to 6 inches at the moment.

TtTRmnn.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

I dug up one of them that was growing in amongst a bush and it seems to be an avocado plant ... would this be completely impossible in a climate like ours? I had been throwing avocado stones along where these plants have germinated so it might fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

They grow big broad leaves but I don't think they'll bear fruit here in Ireland. I've grown a few from seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,451 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ah yes, that sounds right! It won't survive the winter unless you bring it indoors. Its only a curiosity though, as Blondie says, they don't do much more than grow.

Advertisement