Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Run

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

pasta-solo wrote: »
    You can give it a go for free, there's a demo version. I played it on iPhone, and it was well worth the €10 in my opinion. In fact, I've since switched back to Android and I'll probably buy it again.

Cheers, didn't know that. Will give the demo a try but wouldn't pay ten quid for a mobile game, just don't play them enough to be worth it. That tenner will be going on Salt & Sanctuary probably. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The game itself is free.
    You can play the first world and if you want to continue, you have to cough up 10 beans :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Out now for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zara

Version 2.0 also out on iOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

I don't like it. I don't play Mario games to collect coins. Just like the nsmb2 coin gimmick was boring to me, so is this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I was a bit of a late comer to this but in the last couple of months I've been playing it a fair bit. Anyone else still playing? 7011-7888-8735 is my ID, the last achievements i need are the add x amount of friends :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Had a quick go this morning. Its fun, went an bought, Will take a little while to get use to the auto run.

How much space does it actually take up? I tried that first level then it went to download data but said there wasn't enough space. I've 7GB free on internal, 6GB free on SD. :confused:

Using Android if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Andrew76 wrote: »
    How much space does it actually take up? I tried that first level then it went to download data but said there wasn't enough space. I've 7GB free on internal, 6GB free on SD. :confused:

Using Android if that makes any difference.

The app is 115MB, mine currently is using 119MB of data and 11MB of cache. Less than 250MB overall.

jester77 wrote: »
    The app is 115MB, mine currently is using 119MB of data and 11MB of cache. Less than 250MB overall.

Cheers, will try again later else I'm uninstalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I went to the app store there and it says its incompatible with all my devices!
    When I go to it on my phone, it says "Item not found".

Whats the story here? Is it a staged rollout?

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I went to the app store there and it says its incompatible with all my devices!
    When I go to it on my phone, it says "Item not found".

Whats the story here? Is it a staged rollout?

Sounds like your device has been listed as incompatible.

This is the developer that makes this decision, usually if your device won't perform properly with the game.

What phone is it?

Its a HTC 10.
    I've also a Nexus 9 and a Nexus 7 on the list of devices that it says are incompatible.
    They're all rooted, which I know Nintendo hate, but that shouldn't stop Google from blocking it on the app store!

Its a HTC 10.
    I've also a Nexus 9 and a Nexus 7 on the list of devices that it says are incompatible.
    They're all rooted, which I know Nintendo hate, but that shouldn't stop Google from blocking it on the app store!

Maybe it is a staggered rollout then, as I wouldn't say they'd miss the 10. I wouldn't be too shocked if they ignored the nexus tabs though, they are kinda end of life at this stage.

It show on my OP3 anyway, but I haven't been able to check other things yet :)

Got the APK online and it worked fine....up until I did the Toad Rally, and now it keeps saying an error occurred and won't let me go back to my kingdom!! :o

Got the APK online and it worked fine....up until I did the Toad Rally, and now it keeps saying an error occurred and won't let me go back to my kingdom!! :o

That might just be a server issue.
    It's an always online game.
    Bad internet = no game :)

I googled it and someone said they deleted an XML file in the data folder, which worked for me.
    I still think it might be related to having root. Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mariomaker

Its not a very good game at all TBH

Mariomaker wrote: »
    Its not a very good game at all TBH

Played it for a little bit then uninstalled it. Feels so unnatural not being able to control Mario properly, was never going to pay a tenner for it anyway. Don't really play mobile games that much anyway so was never on my radar much.

I got it on the ipad when it came out and loved it at first. There are some clever mechanics in there. Despite the simple controls, there is a lot of nuance there - you need a lot of skill to get all the special coins. Having said that, once I ploughed ahead and beat Bowser, I wasn't really inclined to go back. I didn't care at all about building up the mushroom kingdom.

I probably got about 10 hours out of in total. At €1 an hour I think I got my moneys worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Sonic Forces blows this game away.

• Advertisement

Weird comparison. They're completely different games. It's like saying Steamworld Dig 2 is a better game than SMR. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Mr E wrote:
    Weird comparison. They're completely different games. It's like saying Steamworld Dig 2 is a better game than SMR.

I don't know if they're totally different..

Both are auto runners, one you're collecting coins, the other stars. Both are crap in my opinion.

Nintendo should release a fully working versions of SMB 1,2 & 3(nes versions) for android. Surely our phones are more powerful than an 8bit NES.. I would pay 20e for each game..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I forgot to put the full title of the game. Sonic Forces: Speed Battle
    tedpan wrote: »
    I don't know if they're totally different..

Both are auto runners, one you're collecting coins, the other stars. Both are crap in my opinion.

Nintendo should release a fully working versions of SMB 1,2 & 3(nes versions) for android. Surely our phones are more powerful than an 8bit NES.. I would pay 20e for each game..

Super Mario Run seems more similar to Sonic Dash and Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom. In Sonic Forces: Speed Battle, you race opponents in live online multiplayer. It's like a go-kart racing game without go-karts.

Nintendo seem so behind in mobile games. Sega, Square Enix, SNK, Namco, Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar Warner Bros., Disney etc. surpass Nintendo's mobile output. They release old as well as new games on mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The problem with games on your phone is that most people will play them with on-screen controls. On-screen controls can be imprecise. Precision of control is a hallmark of the Mario series. So how do you release a game that requires pinpoint accuracy on a platform that by default cannot offer it?
    You don't. You change the way the game is played, simplify the input and you get Mario Run.
    It's a decent enough game, but it's not a standard Mario game and it's not €5/10 quids worth of game imho. I do the rally for my 10 Nintendo points a day though.

Advertisement