Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options
  • 07-09-2016 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Apple today officially took the wraps off the new iPhone. Pre-orders start this Friday (9th) and will be release the following week (16th). Prices start at 779 euro.

All the details can be found below.

https://www.apple.com/ie/iphone-7/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-7

Save money buying off UK site and shipping via Parcel Wizard / Parcel Motel

£599 is about €711 on Revolut right now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

€720 gets you 614stg using No.1 Currency on Westmoreland Street, but then you'd have the cash and would need to travel to Belfast.

Not impressed that the 64gb has been done away with. I don't need 128gb, but 32gb is a tight squeeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,499 ✭✭✭✭Caoimhgh1n

kceire wrote: »
    €720 gets you 614stg using No.1 Currency on Westmoreland Street, but then you'd have the cash and would need to travel to Belfast.

Not impressed that the 64gb has been done away with. I don't need 128gb, but 32gb is a tight squeeze.

You are being charged the same as the 64 used to be. Isn't it better to have too much rather than too little?

Caoimhgh1n wrote: »
    You are being charged the same as the 64 used to be. Isn't it better to have too much rather than too little?

The 64gb iPhone 6 cost me 619stg in Belfast 2 years ago.
    The 32gb is 599stg, then a jump to699stg for the 128gb version.

I was considering the High Gloss Black version, but this threw me off :
    The high-gloss finish of the jet black iPhone 7 is achieved through a precision nine-step anodisation and polishing process. Its surface is equally as hard as other anodised Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I usually use a clear case so think I may plough ahead with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Why would you have to travel to Belfast? I suggested shipping to Parcel Wizard / Parcel Motel in NI for onward shipping to Rep. Of Ireland. Total cost for 32 GB version would be €716 versus €779 on the IE site. Saving €63

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

plu wrote: »
    Why would you have to travel to Belfast? I suggested shipping to Parcel Wizard / Parcel Motel in NI for onward shipping to Rep. Of Ireland. Total cost for 32 GB version would be €716 versus €779 on the IE site. Saving €63

You should add on another couple of euros to insure it for the full value with PM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I was considering the High Gloss Black version, but this threw me off :

Probably a bit like the iPhone 4 with the all round shiny finish? The nicest designed iPhone yet imo.

plu wrote: »

Because if you changed your euro to stg, you'd have physical cash, and all the shoving into a PC you can do will not pay for the phone, so you'd have to pay over the counter in my scenario.

I may order the 128 version from the UK store through PM alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

In fairness, the 6s 64gb was available for £619 this morning and the 7 128gb probably would have been the same price only for the fall of the sterling. Can't blame Apple for that.

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    In fairness, the 6s 64gb was available for £619 this morning and the 7 128gb probably would have been the same price only for the fall of the sterling. Can't blame Apple for that.

I wish they kept a 64 version, I would have happily paid the 619 instead of 599 for 32gb.

Either way Im to in, sold my 6 today, and my SE upgrade to fund a new one. Just have to decide whether to stick with silver or try the Matt black.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Think I'll get one although not too happy it doesn't have fast charging.

Couldn't really give a ****e about the colour once it's neutra l- people who are fussy about whether a phone is black or silver are weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The colour also effects the front too, so keep that in mine. I've come around more to the white front panel but still think the all black screen and panel looks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Think I'll get one although not too happy it doesn't have fast charging.

Couldn't really give a ****e about the colour once it's neutra l- people who are fussy about whether a phone is black or silver are weird.

I'd be inclined to think that tiredness was responsponsible for stupid comment above.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 shane14

Anyone know when phone/watch will deliver when ordered from Irish Apple Store? I know they are released on 16th but will they deliver that day or will it be more like the following mon, tues, wed?

Yeah I'm wondering the same myself. If you pre-order I wonder will they ship on the 16th or try to delivery by the 16th. I know previous years people have gotten their iPhones hours or even a day early, but I wonder how Ireland will handle it.

As we've never had pre-order before maybe somebody who ordered from the UK before will remember when they usually ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah I'm wondering the same myself. If you pre-order I wonder will they ship on the 16th or try to delivery by the 16th. I know previous years people have gotten their iPhones hours or even a day early, but I wonder how Ireland will handle it.

As we've never had pre-order before maybe somebody who ordered from the UK before will remember when they usually ship.

I got the 6s on launch day last year through PM it was delivered the same day. So you should have it on the 16th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

They'll probably be shipped overnight on the Thursday t arrive Friday morning.
    If Vodafone always manage to get you a phone delivered at 9am on launch day I'm sure Apple can manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

When do the phone companies usually have their plans set? I'm due an upgrade on my 6plus coincidentally this month.

I'm probably just going to order from the Irish store. I know some have said there's savings to the UK one but I'll be getting the base storage iPhone 7, I'm not sure how much I'd be saving and not sure it's worth the hassle. I'd ideally like to have it Friday too so I can set it all up over the weekend. Parcel Motel might slow that down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Can you pre-order for collection in an Apple store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

dodzy wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to think that tiredness was responsponsible for stupid comment above.

Nope - end of the day its a phone and the colour iof it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Doylers wrote: »
    Can you pre-order for collection in an Apple store?

You can reserve it for a time that suites you to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

It's an Apple warning.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/07/apple-jet-black-iphone-7-scratches/

Either way I am getting the 127 7 in Jet Black. I am completely satisfied with everything they have upgraded! I think it's well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Anyone estimate the market value of an 1phone 6 64GB in very good condition ? The Apple trade in program offers €255.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Will the new iPhone 7 be available in store on the 16th of Sept? I am heading to the UK that weekend so I was thinking of just going in store and buying it there and then instead of pre-ordering it tomorrow?

Assuming there's stock yes, it'll be available in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

neonman wrote: »
    Will the new iPhone 7 be available in store on the 16th of Sept? I am heading to the UK that weekend so I was thinking of just going in store and buying it there and then instead of pre-ordering it tomorrow?

What Im wondering though is can I pre-order it the 9th to be guaranteed its there waiting on the 16th/17th.

Remember when you used to pre-order an xbox in gamestop a unit was never put aside for you specifically have been traumatised by it

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Doylers wrote: »
    What Im wondering though is can I pre-order it the 9th to be guaranteed its there waiting on the 16th/17th.

Remember when you used to pre-order an xbox in gamestop a unit was never put aside for you specifically have been traumatised by it

Yeah I would love to know that as well. If i pre-order it tomorrow and select the store in the UK closest to where I am staying and just pick it up when I arrive over there on the 16th. I would hate for them to take my cash and order and then arrive at the store to be told sorry no iPhone 7s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

DubDJ wrote: »
    The colour also effects the front too, so keep that in mine. I've come around more to the white front panel but still think the all black screen and panel looks better.

+1, a bit annoyed they have removed the space grey option as I am not too keen on an all black device (I prefer silver or dark grey) but I think it makes for sense for the front of he phone to be black (the original iPhone was my favourite colour combination).

Advertisement