Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

nokia211 wrote: »
    Oh right thanks! Do you know of any insurance companies that you would recommend?

No sorry, I just don't bother with the insurance.

I keep my phone in a cover (hate doing it but have to protect the screen), keep phone out of shirt pockets near toilets (learnt the hard way) so then your only issue is loss which has never happened to me in 10 years so I have never bothered.

Maybe though check out your home insurance to see if they can cover against loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Spook80

I ordered the 7 plus black 128gb minutes after they went up and got 4th October.
    I remember when I ordered the 1st Apple Watch I got an estimate of 3-4 weeks and it was dispatched a few days later so hoping it's the same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Blazer wrote: »
    I've had this problem before in relation to my apple watch and it applies to all mac products.
    I bought the watch last week before it had launched in Ireland from the UK and needed to send it back after a week due to scratches. From talking to Support I would have had to send it back to the UK as the watch hadn't yet launched in Ireland. Luckily it was the following week when it launched so the chap told me I could ring up then and they would process it through the Ireland site as required.
    Essentially your product is supported throughout but only if it has been launched in your country. If not then you deal with the country you bought it in.

Trying to explain this to people who had bought the original iPod in the US before it was released in Europe.:eek: It was months until Europe launched, and people rang looking for iPod repairs. Queue a 15 minute conversation trying to explain that there was no repair centre for iPod, there was no logistcs support for it etc, so we couldn't even get it collected. Only recourse was to return it to the US at their cost, both ways. A right headache for months.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just got a call from Apple in Cork asking to confirm my billing address as I clicked the PM address as my billing address online.

So if you see a call from 021-2380596, it's them.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

Anybody know the story with 7 plus cases in the likes of compub etc will be on Friday ? Will they have decent stock in the bricks & mortar shops in Dublin City ?

All cases I'm interested in on Amazon are not coming into stock into mid/late September. Otterbox site quoting 6-8 days before shipping & the 1 case I like on apple itself is just listed as out of stock so not guaranteed a case b4 the phone arrives that is if Voda are on the ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

kceire wrote: »
    Just got a call from Apple in Cork asking to confirm my billing address as I clicked the PM address as my billing address online.

Got a call from same number. Couldn't answer as in work. Tried to ring back during break , just automated service saying " You have missed a call from Apple, Goodbye" and then disconnects.

dan786 wrote: »
    Got a call from same number. Couldn't answer as in work. Tried to ring back during break , just automated service saying " You have missed a call from Apple, Goodbye" and then disconnects.

Mayb try call their official sales number as I don't think they will progress the order until it's sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jimboroony

Bought my 7 plus 128gb from US store. Unlocked with a T-Mobile sim. (They work here perfect). Saved €200. Will be in States in October to pick it up.

A good option if you visit US regularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Anyone done a calculation of cost of ownership over 2 years of buying from Apple vs Contract with Telco?

Did a quick one myself based on the 128Gb iphone 7 and looks like three work out cheapest, followed by VF on their Red Plan essentials. Buying outright with Apple and using a 30 day Sim only plan from VF is about €150 more over 2 years.

Looking to move away from three as their network is crap and they don't offer any roaming packages, so tempted by VF contract offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

jimboroony wrote: »
    Bought my 7 plus 128gb from US store. Unlocked with a T-Mobile sim. (They work here perfect). Saved €200. Will be in States in October to pick it up.

A good option if you visit US regularly!

I'd rather pay the extra €100 to have five extra years of warranty tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Same, I used the PM address for billing so they asked me to change it to my home address all sorted now.

Same, I used the PM address for billing so they asked me to change it to my home address all sorted now.

Did you have to physically change it or just tell them over the phone?
    I just told them over the phone as I didn't log in to buy the phones, just bought as guest.

What stage is your order at now?
    Mines at stage 2 - processing items.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

nokia211 wrote: »
    Oh right thanks! Do you know of any insurance companies that you would recommend?

I had an issue last year with gadgetinsurance.ie. As I had my phone early they didn't have it on their system and couldn't offer me cover. 2 weeks later it was there on the Irish launch date. This shouldn't be an issue as Ireland is Tier 1 this year.

Mayb try call their official sales number as I don't think they will progress the order until it's sorted.

They sent me an email with the extension number of the person who called me so just called him now and all sorted. Payment taken from my account. Now the waiting game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Did you have to physically change it or just tell them over the phone?
    I just told them over the phone as I didn't log in to buy the phones, just bought as guest.

What stage is your order at now?
    Mines at stage 2 - processing items.

Yeah they just changed it over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

They sent me an email with the extension number of the person who called me so just called him now and all sorted. Payment taken from my account. Now the waiting game...

What date did you get if money has been taken from account?
    My billing address is home so no issue with mine, item still processing and expected 1st week of oct!

Yeah they just changed it over the phone.

Cheers.
    Mine just changed to "preparing for dispatch".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Cheers.
    Mine just changed to "preparing for dispatch".

Exciting times :)

Have to wait a while before I can place my order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

I'm not sure yet if I'm upgrading to 7 from 6s. I have the normal 6s now because I think the plus is large but I do like the dual camera setup which I would like to try :)

deep1 wrote: »
    What date did you get if money has been taken from account?
    My billing address is home so no issue with mine, item still processing and expected 1st week of oct!

Delivery is 16th for the 128GB iPhone 7.

While my 7 Plus is also first week of October

• Advertisement

Delivery is 16th for the 128GB iPhone 7.

While my 7 Plus is also first week of October

Thanks, hopefully get 7 plus earlier than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Asmooh wrote: »
    I'm not sure yet if I'm upgrading to 7 from 6s. I have the normal 6s now because I think the plus is large but I do like the dual camera setup which I would like to try :)

I think it boils down to how you like to carry your phone. If you are carrying it in your trousers pockets most of the time the Plus might be a serious annoyance (at least for me this is a reason why the Plus is an absolute no-go, though people who always wear quite loose trousers might think differently).

Handling is also different (it is more difficult to use the Plus with one hand), but no something I would personally consider a showstopper if I I wanted other thigns which are only provided by the Plus.

If I had the 6S, I'd personally wait till next year. Im on a 2 year cycle so I will upgrade.

On a side note, did anyone see the monthly pay option on the uk site, and you can upgrade to the new phone every year. Looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

debating what to do

have a 6 64gb sim free , might buy the 7 plus 128gb but can't justify the extra money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

If I had the 6S, I'd personally wait till next year. Im on a 2 year cycle so I will upgrade.

On a side note, did anyone see the monthly pay option on the uk site, and you can upgrade to the new phone every year. Looks interesting.
    Yes have this option in the U.K. But I'm not sure if I want it or not.

I always buy phones simlock free and then sim only plan for subscription.

But still not sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I have a 6+ and normally change every 2 years, but I'll skip this cycle as next years is meant to be a complete redesign for the 10th anniversary so I won't change twice in 1 year. To be honest the 6 is still working great so can't justify the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I have a 6+ and normally change every 2 years, but I'll skip this cycle as next years is meant to be a complete redesign for the 10th anniversary so I won't change twice in 1 year. To be honest the 6 is still working great so can't justify the upgrade.
    I was thinking of doing the same, skipping this and buying the rumoured redesign next year. But from where I'm looking the 7 is a fantastic phone, and there might be some teething problems with the first time implementation of some of the rumoured upgrades which they will hopefully iron out for the year after.

At least that's what I'm telling myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Anyone with a black 7 plus 128gb order proceed further than processing order. I'm hoping that it won't take as long as it's saying. Thanks

Kagawa wrote: »
    Anyone with a black 7 plus 128gb order proceed further than processing order. I'm hoping that it won't take as long as it's saying. Thanks

Same status. Hope so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

iPhone 7 black 128gb - now saying preparing for shipment!

Screen_Shot_2016_09_11_at_18_31_10.png

Advertisement