Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Bob24 wrote: »
    iPhone 7 black 128gb - now saying preparing for shipment!

Screen_Shot_2016_09_11_at_18_31_10.png

Lucky you, pity there seems to be a delay with the plus ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I reckon anybody with an expected delivery of the 16th will probably have their phones ship tomorrow. Unless they're coming from closer than China though, then they might be sitting there ready to ship out, but being delayed by Apple so they arrive on the expected date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Kagawa wrote: »
    Lucky you, pity there seems to be a delay with the plus ones.

Hopefully they process them in batches on the Plus order are next. In any case I think as long as you got an estimate delivery date of the 16th from Apple the current status of the order doesn't matter too much, it is probably due to their internal logistics but they will deliver on the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Bob24 wrote: »
    Hopefully they process them in batches on the Plus order are next. In any case I think as long as you got an estimate delivery date of the 16th from Apple the current status of the order doesn't matter too much, it is probably due to their internal logistics but they will deliver on the date.

Mine says that its processing, delivers 3 - 7 Oct.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

DubDJ wrote: »
    I reckon anybody with an expected delivery of the 16th will probably have their phones ship tomorrow. Unless they're coming from closer than China though, then they might be sitting there ready to ship out, but being delayed by Apple so they arrive on the expected date.

Would that mean the possibility of having them earlier than the 16th?
    Has that ever happened though?

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Would that mean the possibility of having them earlier than the 16th?
    Has that ever happened though?

It is not supposed to happen (even if the parcel is reedy for delivery Apple will ask the courier company to put it on hold until the 16th).

Every year however there are pictures online from a few people in the world who get the delivery one day early, but it is more because for a couple of the millions of orders the process hasn't worked perfectly.

Yep, as above almost every year (mostly in the US) people get their delivery a day or so early. Wouldn't it be great, seeing as this is Ireland's first tier 1 year, that Apple miscalculated their estimate and we all got them early. Wishful thinking. :D

For those with later order dates, I've never once gotten a delivery after the estimated date, however I have gotten stuff days earlier. I know the Plus model seems to have later dates across the board, but don't be surprised if you get a notification of 'shipped' a lot earlier than your estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Ordered 128GB 7 Plus at 8:20 on Friday morning. Still at processing order with delivery date of 2-7 Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

Ordered the 7 256gb on Friday morning with an estimated delivery date showing up as Sept 20th which is Tuesday week and already preparing for dispatch.

But NOW, if I go into the website to try buy a second one, estimated delivery is the 16th?!

Does anyone think it would be wishful thinking to say I'll have it on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Ordered the 7 256gb on Friday morning with an estimated delivery date showing up as Sept 20th which is Tuesday week and already preparing for dispatch.

But NOW, if I go into the website to try buy a second one, estimated delivery is the 16th?!

Does anyone think it would be wishful thinking to say I'll have it on Friday?

I would say very likely. The window they provide is usually anything from 2-5 days overestimated to avoid disappointment and most importantly for "surprise and delight" when you get it early. Friday is very likely with the worst case scenario being the following Tuesday

• Advertisement

How it felt on Friday :D

tYW2Cbu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

so reports under the hood saying the 7 has 2gb of ram and the 7 plus 3gb

peteeeed wrote: »

That was the original rumour and seems quite plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

What are the chances Vodafone preorders are delivered on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

peteeeed wrote: »

probably needs if to do that faux-bokeh effect coming in a later release. still I'm really really looking forward to safari not reloading the damn web page every single god damn time! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Preparing for Dispatch - Delivers 20 Sep by Express Shipping

Hopefully I'll get it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Just rang an Apple store in UK to see if they would have the new iPhone 7 for sale this weekend as I would be over there and he said they will have them in store but not for general sale. I was hoping to go in and if they had them I was going to buy one if my pre ordered one hadn't shipped by then and just cancel it in the store. A well I will have have to wait until Oct for mine :-/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Not buying but what are these costing?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bigpink wrote: »
    Not buying but what are these costing?

http://www.apple.com/ie/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-7

neonman wrote: »
    Just rang an Apple store in UK to see if they would have the new iPhone 7 for sale this weekend as I would be over there and he said they will have them in store but not for general sale. I was hoping to go in and if they had them I was going to buy one if my pre ordered one hadn't shipped by then and just cancel it in the store. A well I will have have to wait until Oct for mine :-/

You can pre-order for collection too. I did notice that Belfast had no appointments left, but Glasgow did :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

but Glasgow did :)

Wow! That's dedication.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Jesus the boom is back baby!

Booking the flight to New-York at the minute ... going there for the day on Friday to save 100 euros on my new iPhone ;-) Will also have a coffee at Starbuck to justify the trip, it tastes better there.

Wow! That's dedication.

:D

When you type in Belfast postcode, it lists out all nearby available locations.

You should see the price of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge too!
    The prices of these phones have remained quite consistant over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Apple prices have never reflected the recession and they had their best years during them.

Fortunately buying them still remains an option so you're not forced to buy them.
    :D

When you type in Belfast postcode, it lists out all nearby available locations.

You should see the price of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge too!
    The prices of these phones have remained quite consistant over the years.

The Galaxy Note price has certainly exploded over the last couple of weeks.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Got an email there from 3 saying due to re-stocking my iPhone 7 order was delayed.

New delivery date is 16/09/2016... it's either a bot-mail confirming delivery or a typo in the date

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

You can pre-order for collection too. I did notice that Belfast had no appointments left, but Glasgow did :)

They had the option to collect when ordering last Friday morning but when you actually went to do it it said none available for all stores in that area. If I go onto the apple store to pre order the phone you don't even get the option to select collection anymore?

neonman wrote: »
    They had the option to collect when ordering last Friday morning but when you actually went to do it it said none available for all stores in that area. If I go onto the apple store to pre order the phone you don't even get the option to select collection anymore?

Collection option is still there now, but if you put in a Belfast postcode, it gives you Belfast and 12 of the nearest stores, all unavailable for collection now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

Got my spigen liquid armour case today from Amazon. It's really slim. Almost too slim but it's a stop gap until I decide on another case that will give a bit better protection. Possibly the spigen neo hybrid.

Really looking forward to Friday to get my hands on the phone now. I'm going up from an iphone 5 so I'm gonna feel the difference I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Coleman316 wrote: »
    Got my spigen liquid armour case today from Amazon. It's really slim. Almost too slim but it's a stop gap until I decide on another case that will give a bit better protection. Possibly the spigen neo hybrid.

Really looking forward to Friday to get my hands on the phone now. I'm going up from an iphone 5 so I'm gonna feel the difference I hope.

I bit the bullet and bought the Apple leather case. It now has machined aluminium buttons which should make up for the fact that it's 55 fecking quid.

Advertisement