Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I went for the Spigen Thin Fit matte black case. Only 5.99 on Amazon so it was well worth it, even if I don't like it in the long run. Suppose to arrive the day before the iPhone, which is also nice fast shipping.

My iPhone has been preparing for dispatch since Friday evening. That's a long wait, so I suspect Apple have them sitting there ready to go out. I'll be glad to see it shipped and get the delivery estimate from the carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Considering going case less. We'll see I might change my mind if it is as slippery as the previous models but I am kind of hoping the coating is slightly different ...

Bob24 wrote: »
    Considering going case less. We'll see I might change my mind if it is as slippery as the previous models but I am kind of hoping the coating is slightly different ...
    It's the scratches I can't deal with. I was tempted by one of those dbrand skins though. They even have a jet black one for anybody who missed out on the colour of choice.

DubDJ wrote: »
    It's the scratches I can't deal with. I was tempted by one of those dbrand skins though. They even have a jet black one for anybody who missed out on the colour of choice.

In my experience it is not too bad. I had a naked iPhone 5 for 18 months (until it got stolen from me on the streets of Dublin!) and aside from the very shiny chamfer which was lightly scratched it still looked very good. It was silver though - not sure about the black one (and definitely jet black will scratch).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

stimpson wrote: »
    I bit the bullet and bought the Apple leather case. It now has machined aluminium buttons which should make up for the fact that it's 55 fecking quid.

It's dear but it fits better and lasts longer than any other case I've tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

stimpson wrote: »
    Coleman316 wrote: »
    Got my spigen liquid armour case today from Amazon. It's really slim. Almost too slim but it's a stop gap until I decide on another case that will give a bit better protection. Possibly the spigen neo hybrid.

Really looking forward to Friday to get my hands on the phone now. I'm going up from an iphone 5 so I'm gonna feel the difference I hope.

I bit the bullet and bought the Apple leather case. It now has machined aluminium buttons which should make up for the fact that it's 55 fecking quid.

Just bought it myself. Definitely pricey but I've had the same leather one on my 6s for the last year and it only got better with age.

I'm hearing that the earpiece on the 7 is a bit wider than on the 6s so might be worth holding off on buying a screen protector until that's been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/12/iphone-7-7-plus-unboxed-gallery/

Unboxing pics already, glad went with black, looks gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I'm sure my 6s came a day or 2 early last year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Phones are preparing for dispatch and my credit card has a pending transaction for the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

Oh god no. I wouldn't have the stomach for it, id be annoyed by every scratch and any little drop would seem worse with the sound of it hitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Torn between apple leather case colours for the 7 plus matt black

I ordered a protector for my iPhone, which looks no use now. I always use them, the piece of mind of not having scratches all over the screen for me is worth the inconvenience. I find my phones take a little bit of a rough time so it's definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

dusty207 wrote: »

I would guess that the next iPhone release will be roughly September 2017 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Have a screen protector and case for a 6S that I ended up cancelling,will they work for the 7? I imagine screen protector should be good but case might be dodgy with bigger camera

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Have a screen protector and case for a 6S that I ended up cancelling,will they work for the 7? I imagine screen protector should be good but case might be dodgy with bigger camera

I doubt they will. The camera on the back has moved and got bigger and the screen protector might cover some of the ear speaker as thats got bigger too.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

iPhone 8 on the way?

http://bgr.com/2016/09/12/iphone-8-r...ching-ceramic/

Gets rid of the scratches and case issues, makes sense if you don't have to pay extra to hide your phone design with some bulky cover, no matter how beautiful.

The case probably won't fit ... too many physical changes (I think not only the camera is larger but also slightly moved).

The screen protector is likely to be fine but can't tell for sure until it ships ... the footprint of the touch sensitive home button could for exemple be slighltly different from the physical one of the 6S.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

The case probably won't fit ... too many physical changes (I think not only the camera is larger but also slightly moved).

The screen protector is likely to be fine but can't tell for sure until it ships ... the footprint of the touch sensitive home button could for exemple be slighltly different from the physical one of the 6S.

Are there even proper protectors and cases available yet for the 7?

Are there even proper protectors and cases available yet for the 7?

Usually manufacturers have something ready based on leaked parts, so you will find some for sale yes (with a small chance that their first batch has something wrong, but it is unlikely with established brands and if there is they will probably provide a fixed version fee of charge).

And of course there are the Apple cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Coleman316 wrote: »
    Got my spigen liquid armour case today from Amazon. It's really slim. Almost too slim but it's a stop gap until I decide on another case that will give a bit better protection. Possibly the spigen neo hybrid.

Really looking forward to Friday to get my hands on the phone now. I'm going up from an iphone 5 so I'm gonna feel the difference I hope.

Can you link me the Spigen case? Can't find it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can you link me the Spigen case? Can't find it.

I got an email from spigen today with offers on all the iPhone 7 range. I'll root it out now.

Prices already going up. For example, this was £3.99 this morning when I first got the email : https://www.amazon.co.uk/iPhone-Spigen®-Hybrid-CUSHION-bumper/dp/B01GIVXBVY/ref=sr_1_17?m=ABBG8QJ4C4M75&s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1473429646&sr=1-17&keywords=iphone+7+case

Here's the a liquid Armour one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/iPhone-Spigen®-Liquid-Premium-Flexible/dp/B01GIVX5M4/ref=lp_1688253031_1_2?srs=1688253031&ie=UTF8&qid=1473717555&sr=8-2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Made for iPhone suppliers will have had access to the dimensions for plenty of time to make cases. No guesswork about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Why do people rush to buy this phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

bigpink wrote: »
    Why do people rush to buy this phone?

Why do people rush to buy anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

dusty207 wrote: »
    iPhone 8 on the way?

http://bgr.com/2016/09/12/iphone-8-r...ching-ceramic/

Gets rid of the scratches and case issues, makes sense if you don't have to pay extra to hide your phone design with some bulky cover, no matter how beautiful.

Nothing in your link but yes an iPhone 8 is on the way.

Followed 9,10, 11.....

Seriously, next years rumoured 10 year anniversary iPhone 8 has been discussed here as an glass affair with everything that was held back form the 7 being pumped into the 8.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

mansize wrote: »
    Why do people rush to buy anything?

Good product fair price but this is overpriced like some other android phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

bigpink wrote: »
    Good product fair price but this is overpriced like some other android phones

Other? It's not an android phone

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't feed the troll people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I am just wondering other then the larger screen and dual cameras is there any other benefits the 7 plus has over the 7 ?

On the 6/6S, only the plus variant had IOS which is on both versions of the 7 now. However it seems only one of the cameras on the 7 plus has OIS, so unless you are going to be using the 2x zoom alot, I am not sure if the Plus is worth it over the regular model.

http://bgr.com/2016/09/12/iphone-7-plus-camera-features/

Advertisement