Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Anyone any ideas if Compu B are doing any pre order or stocking the phone in their stores on Friday?

2-3 week wait for the 7 plus through the Apple Store at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

bigpink wrote: »
    Why do people rush to buy this phone?

Well my main reason is because it will probably be the fastest phone out there and i like snappiness in a phone, fluidness. Also I like the matte black and it will probably be one of the coolest premium looking phones out there and the fact i sold my 6s so quickly it's not going to cost me a fortune to upgrade :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Well my main reason is because it will probably be the fastest phone out there and i like snappiness in a phone, fluidness. Also I like the matte black and it will probably be one of the coolest premium looking phones out there and the fact i sold my 6s so quickly it's not going to cost me a fortune to upgrade :D

I'm actually making money by buying this phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

kceire wrote: »
    I'm actually making money by buying this phone :D

Same here, my phone owes me nothing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

how? are ye making money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I oredered 128gb matt black 7 from vodafone for store collection, hopefully its in store on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

I see my delivery date has changed from the 28-30 of September to the 20-22 of September, a nice surprise this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

sdevine89 wrote: »
    I see my delivery date has changed from the 28-30 of September to the 20-22 of September, a nice surprise this morning.

7 or 7 plus, which color ??

how? are ye making money?

I sold my current and my partners iPhone 6 on adverts, then I got a free upgrade of an iPhone SE on both accounts, and sold themon adverts too.

Bought two iPhone 7's on Apple UK, and I am left with €125.

Don't tell her though, she'll want to spend it on cushins or bed clothes or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I had a mail last night asking me to contact Apple about my orders. I bet its due to my case order from the Irish store and phone from UK, both with different credit cards. Still waiting on a call back. I won't be happy if this delays my phone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I sold my current and my partners iPhone 6 on adverts, then I got a free upgrade of an iPhone SE on both accounts, and sold themon adverts too.

Bought two iPhone 7's on Apple UK, and I am left with €125.

Don't tell her though, she'll want to spend it on cushins or bed clothes or something!

but aren't you like paying for that iPhone SE in an inflated contract price? Not having a go, just seems too good to be true :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

7 plus Jet black 128 still showing as the 17th to 28th October

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

stimpson wrote: »
    I had a mail last night asking me to contact Apple about my orders. I bet its due to my case order from the Irish store and phone from UK, both with different credit cards. Still waiting on a call back. I won't be happy if this delays my phone...

They normally send an email with a phone number and an extension to contact for issues where different addresses are used / where different cards are used .

but aren't you like paying for that iPhone SE in an inflated contract price? Not having a go, just seems too good to be true :).

No, I was on a €50 price plan. I dropped to the €35 price plan with the free phone.

you could save more buy using a 30 day sim only plan, but i'm on a good plan that I wouldn't be changing anyway, i'm with the same network over 12 years.

I do it every 2 years, and have done since the iPhone 4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Review embargo lifted earlier than expected. I would of thought tomorrow at the earliest. I'd imagine the iOS10 reviews will roll out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

We're on the same schedule. iPhone 3G,4,5,6 now 7.

I sold my 6 plus for more than the upgrade cost of the 7plus with double the storage. I'm on a old O2 contract which comes in at €34 for unlimited data.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

when did you order? was it gloss black?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

FourFourFM wrote: »

Didn't realise that there was more taptic engine usage in iOS 10
    For example (from the review) ... when you bring down notifications

BUT the 6S isn't getting these features despite having the taptic engine

Reviewer seemed a little unsure whether they liked the "non-button" home button

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I wonder will tempered glass screen protectors for the iPhone 6 Plus work for the iPhone 7 Plus?!

Ive a decent one from Anker that I bought for the 6 Plus, but never bought the 6 Plus after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Have a screen protector and case for a 6S that I ended up cancelling,will they work for the 7? I imagine screen protector should be good but case might be dodgy with bigger camera

FYI: https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/12/screen-protector-fit-iphone-7-plus/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

good round up of the reviews in so far

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/13/iphone-7-review-roundup/

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Reviews so far seem to be mixed. Glad this is not on my two year cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,485 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MillField wrote: »
    Reviews so far seem to be mixed. Glad this is not on my two year cycle.

They seem pretty positive to me.

Most complaining about the jet black surface scratching, which is really bad to me and means I would never get it.

The new home 'button' is receiving mixed reviews but I think that's something people just have to adapt and get used to.

Of course the headphone jack is an issue.

Otherwise more say that those on the 6 or older should consider upgrading which is the same as every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

I'm jumping on this one but I am coming from an iPhone 5 (non S) and going to a 256 7+ so I expect in my case it'll be a massive technology jump. Order has been placed so we shall see.

Its mainly business use and going to the + as I reckon with MS 365, dropbox and onedrive along with logmein I should be able to travel without laptop or iPad for work, at least 2-3 day trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

deep1 wrote: »

7 or 7 plus, which color ??
    Two black 7's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Vodafone still not able to say when preorders will be delivered or when shops will have stock. Pretty ridiculous situation considering three are guaranteeing delivery on the 16th. Had my pre-order cancelled due to some system error but don't think I'll bother re order until they say what the stock situation is going to be. Don't want to have a situation where my order won't be delivered until Monday or Tuesday when theres stock in stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Vodafone still not able to say when preorders will be delivered or when shops will have stock. Pretty ridiculous situation considering three are guaranteeing delivery on the 16th. Had my pre-order cancelled due to some system error but don't think I'll bother re order until they say what the stock situation is going to be. Don't want to have a situation where my order won't be delivered until Monday or Tuesday when theres stock in stores.

I preordered with vodafone and hoping it will be delivered on fri morning. Iphone 6 was launched here on 26th sept 2014 (yes I googled ;)) and vodafone allowed ordering the day before and mine arrived before 9am on launch day so Im hoping this yr wil be the same. I also seen a rep comment over on the talk to vodafone board that suggests they will b delivered on fri! Fingers crossed :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No, I was on a €50 price plan. I dropped to the €35 price plan with the free phone.

you could save more buy using a 30 day sim only plan, but i'm on a good plan that I wouldn't be changing anyway, i'm with the same network over 12 years.

I can get a free 16GB SE on my current plan, but it'll be locked, I assume. Not sure I'd have enough for a 7 if I sold both my one-month old 64GB iPhone 6 and that locked SE ? (Certainly not a 128GB version)

Even if I could cover the cost, I'm not even saving much on any plan I'd need. Unless I'm missing something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Anyone get a updated delivery date on their iPhone 7 Plus black?

Advertisement