Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gfog

Unfortunately not, still at 3-7 Oct. Ordered mid morning on the 9th (Plus 128gb Black). Hoping there will be an update before Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

gfog wrote: »
    Unfortunately not, still at 3-7 Oct. Ordered mid morning on the 9th (Plus 128gb Black). Hoping there will be an update before Friday.

I ordered mine first thing 08:07 when it when online and got the 07th - 12th Oct?? U done well with ur dates so u lucky duck!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

martin_g wrote: »
    Anyone get a updated delivery date on their iPhone 7 Plus black?

I'm still at 3-7 Oct. ordered at 8:20 last Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gfog

I ordered mine first thing 08:07 when it when online and got the 07th - 12th Oct?? U done well with ur dates so u lucky duck!

Strange! Does yours still say processing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Seems like the Plus models were either low in stock from the moment the store opened or were just really popular.

I'll probably be going for the 7 128gb which is currently shipping in 6-8 working days so when I can order it shouldn't be too long :)

• Advertisement

gfog wrote: »
    Strange! Does yours still say processing?

Yes still processing and 2-3 weeks for delivery which is actually 4 weeks from the day of order nearly, most will probably ship direct from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

dan786 wrote: »
    They normally send an email with a phone number and an extension to contact for issues where different addresses are used / where different cards are used .

Tried several times today to get through, then payment went through on my revolut 10 minutes ago. I checked my mail and there was a mail saying both orders were proceed with no further action required. Go figure. Status is still "Processing" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Anyone get a updated delivery date on their iPhone 7 Plus black?

From Apple.ie? Then no, mine still shows 3rd to 7th of October, which is a bit of a joke if you consider that the phone carriers can get them earlier than Apple themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

That's odd, I didn't order mine until about 12:30 and I got 3rd - 7th too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dades wrote: »
    I can get a free 16GB SE on my current plan, but it'll be locked, I assume. Not sure I'd have enough for a 7 if I sold both my one-month old 64GB iPhone 6 and that locked SE ? (Certainly not a 128GB version)

Even if I could cover the cost, I'm not even saving much on any plan I'd need. Unless I'm missing something!

I got my SE unlocked by meteor straight away. I didn't open it so the new owner can sync it in his own time. I'm with them 12 years so they unlock every phone I upgrade pretty much straight away.

I had to buy a throw away phone during the year, a little Nokia 130 and they unlocked that too straight away.

Sold the SE for €375, so my 6 (64gb) for €425 and my 7 from the uk is costing €721 all in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

fifi28 wrote: »
    I preordered with vodafone and hoping it will be delivered on fri morning. Iphone 6 was launched here on 26th sept 2014 (yes I googled ;)) and vodafone allowed ordering the day before and mine arrived before 9am on launch day so Im hoping this yr wil be the same. I also seen a rep comment over on the talk to vodafone board that suggests they will b delivered on fri! Fingers crossed :)

I'd chance ordering again myself but I see now on the Talk To forum that my order being cancelled wasn't an isolated issue seems to be something wrong with their Verified by Visa on the website. If I order again and they cancel I won't have the funds to buy it in store Saturday unfortunately. Paydays not til next week and my savings account is a 7 day notice account.

Just hopeful the staff in the shop near me aren't as incompetent as they appeared when I talked to them, they didn't seem to know anything about the phone, the price plans or when they'd have them even though its out in 3 days though they took my name and number and said they'd be in touch. Won't hold my breath. First experiences with Vodafone not positive I have to say :o

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

I'd chance ordering again myself but I see now on the Talk To forum that my order being cancelled wasn't an isolated issue seems to be something wrong with their Verified by Visa on the website. If I order again and they cancel I won't have the funds to buy it in store Saturday unfortunately. Paydays not til next week and my savings account is a 7 day notice account.

Just hopeful the staff in the shop near me aren't as incompetent as they appeared when I talked to them, they didn't seem to know anything about the phone, the price plans or when they'd have them even though its out in 3 days though they took my name and number and said they'd be in touch. Won't hold my breath. First experiences with Vodafone not positive I have to say :o

Ah thats a messy one alright! I did see others saying about orders cancelled like you say over the visa thing. Im hoping no hitches with mine - Im already on billpay with them so was able to add the cost of the phone onto my next bill like I did previously
    Hope you do get sorted :)

Yes from Apple.ie, weird I got a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

I ordered a charging case with my new iPhone 7 Black, it was scheduled for delivery tomorrow which was going to be a bit annoying having it and the phone but nonetheless I was still looking forward to opening it. UPS tracking information has just updated with:

"[font=Arial, sans-serif]A hazardous materials irregularity occurred with this package. We'll contact the sender with additional information."[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]:wassat:[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Meteor's courier company sent me an email confirming delivery tomorrow- but there are always inaccurate- generic emails when order from Meteor is put through I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I guess that poses a question. The iPhone 7 is water resistant but how many of you are gonna test that out? I'd still be awful paranoid about dropping it into a sink of water no matter what :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

To me it's like insurance. Hopefully I'll never need it but nice to have peace of mind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I guess that poses a question. The iPhone 7 is water resistant but how many of you are gonna test that out? I'd still be awful paranoid about dropping it into a sink of water no matter what :D

I'll leave the test to the you tubers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

Heads up for meteor customers, I Just took deliver of my iPhone 7 from meteor through nightline ,anybody expecting deliver today will get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

paul79 wrote: »
    Heads up for meteor customers, I Just took deliver of my iPhone 7 from meteor through nightline ,anybody expecting deliver today will get it

Now Apple won't be happy about that! One day early can be tolerated, but 2 days - Meteor clearly didn't even try to hit the release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

paul79 wrote: »

pics or it didnt happen :) Hoping to pick one up this weekend, 128gb 7+ in black.

Enjoy your new toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

yldoxtgqp

1st iphone I've bought always been on android looking forward to using it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Could be one of the first in Ireland with an iPhone 7.

Let us know what the home button experience is like, your coming from Android so it's not going to be noticeable but curious to what you think.

My order is still preparing for dispatch since Friday from Apple. :(

DubDJ wrote: »
    Could be one of the first in Ireland with an iPhone 7.

Let us know what the home button experience is like, your coming from Android so it's not going to be noticeable but curious to what you think.

My order is still preparing for dispatch since Friday from Apple. :(

Ciara O'Brien from the Irish Times and Adrian Weckler from the Independent both have iPhone 7 Plus' and AirPods.

https://twitter.com/adrianweckler/status/775684950590906373

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Not looking for Meteor as a network, breaking the release date. Someones going to be sacked...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Ciara O'Brien from the Irish Times and Adrian Weckler from the Independent both have iPhone 7 Plus' and AirPods.

https://twitter.com/adrianweckler/status/775684950590906373

Yeah but they're reviewers so they get early access. I meant more just normal customers, two day in advance is a surprise. Wonder if they sent out more, and will it fall back on them.

a couple people got their 6S' early too I think, Remember hearing some one got theirs on Wednesday last year too. Lucky them I've still 12 days wait for my 7 plus black 256gb :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

No pic showing for me, just a white square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

guil wrote: »
    No pic showing for me, just a white square.

20160914_075906.jpg

Advertisement