Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

dan786 wrote: »
    20160914_075906.jpg

Says it's removed

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gfog

it showed it for a few minutes. maybe Meteor requested it to be removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Image never showed up for me either, but it happens regularly on the new Boards site. Just shows (invalid img).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

a couple people got their 6S' early too I think, Remember hearing some one got theirs on Wednesday last year too. Lucky them I've still 12 days wait for my 7 plus black 256gb :(
    Ah yes, the hardship ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

DubDJ wrote: »
    Could be one of the first in Ireland with an iPhone 7.

Let us know what the home button experience is like, your coming from Android so it's not going to be noticeable but curious to what you think.

My order is still preparing for dispatch since Friday from Apple. :(

Home button feels strange at first as it's not a button as such, when you press it you don't get a physical press but a vibration and a click sound,there is a 1,2,3 option when setting up the phone for different sensitivity level's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

paul79 wrote: »
    Home button feels strange at first as it's not a button as such, when you press it you don't get a physical press but a vibration and a click sound,there is a 1,2,3 option when setting up the phone for different sensitivity level's.

Yes that's what I read in the reviews, and while not a big deal it is a slight disappointment.

Originally I expected it to pretty much feel like a physical button (Apple managed to do that very well with FoceTouch track-pads), but maybe the fact that the home button is much smaller than a track-pad and that a phone is not resting on a steady surface made it more difficult to simulate the feeling of an actual button.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yes that's what I read in the reviews, and while not a big deal it is a slight disappointment.

Originally I expected it to pretty much feel like a physical button (Apple managed to do that very well with FoceTouch track-pads), but maybe the fact that the home button is much smaller than a track-pad and that a phone is not resting on a steady surface made it more difficult to simulate the feeling of an actual button.

With the vibration feedback it does sort of feel like a button hard to explain really, I've not had an iPhone before so can't compare it to the older phone's, but it's very easy to press and you know it's pressed by the feedback ,hope that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I went for the Spigen Thin Fit matte black case. Only 5.99 on Amazon so it was well worth it, even if I don't like it in the long run. Suppose to arrive the day before the iPhone, which is also nice fast shipping.

My iPhone has been preparing for dispatch since Friday evening. That's a long wait, so I suspect Apple have them sitting there ready to go out. I'll be glad to see it shipped and get the delivery estimate from the carrier.

You won't regret that Thin Fit Matte black case from Spigen. Have had it on my 6S from the beginning. Great feel to it - good grip etc. Plus - i use it with the Spigen magnet car holder when in the car.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    You won't regret that Thin Fit Matte black case from Spigen. Have had it on my 6S from the beginning. Great feel to it - good grip etc. Plus - i use it with the Spigen magnet car holder when in the car.

It looks pretty thin and minimal which is why I went for it. I've used Spigen in the past too and found them good quality.

As much as some people hate leaks ruining the surprise, it's really helpful for buying accessories. Being able to order cases and screen protectors even before the phone is announced is really handy when you get to be prepared for launch day.

Saying that, I'm surprised there aren't more lightning earphones and headphones about, that headphone jack rumour has been going since 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

That person from the Verge is OBSESSED with the headphone jack being gone... How many time can one person mention it?!?! :D

I'm thinking I'm gonna go with the matte black though... The gloss sounds like it'd drive me mad. Although I did love it on the 4/4s, but that was glass..

• Advertisement

From the reviews the Jet black seems pretty bad for scratching. Even from just a day of use they started to appear. Not a good sign, but it looks like a really nice finish.

From the reviews the Jet black seems pretty bad for scratching. Even from just a day of use they started to appear. Not a good sign, but it looks like a really nice finish.

Based on this I'd say it will scratch even in some cases. If small particles can get in between the inner part of the case and the phone, they will likely damage the finish overtime due to slight friction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Based on this I'd say it will scratch even in some cases. If small particles can get in between the inner part of the case and the phone, they will likely damage the finish overtime due to slight friction.

Even my iPhone 6 has damage from grains of sand/grit getting under the case.

maximum12 wrote: »
    Even my iPhone 6 has damage from grains of sand/grit getting under the case.

Yes same on my space grey 6 I have a few localised spots (though not too bad) but that's after 2 years.

If the jet black 7 is significantly more prone to scratches, this type of issue might make it look pretty bad after a few months in a case.

My 6 is fairly beaten up. I don't think a Jet Black would stay shiny with me very long!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Just purchased a Peel Super Thin case. God knows when it'll get here though.

Just purchased a Peel Super Thin case. God knows when it'll get here though.

Tell me more about this.

Scratch that. Found them.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Tell me more about this.

Scratch that. Found them.

https://buypeel.com/ $25 dollars with $5 international shipping. 10% off with POP10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GIWI87U/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered this for my 7 Plus

It will hide the Rose Gold lol

That peel case looks great. I don't like to spend too much on cases but I might fork out for that one eventually.

With the scratches on the Jet black iPhone I feel a new '-gate' is coming.

Tiny-scratch-gate???

• Advertisement

Or Brushed Steel Gate... If it scratches that easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

My tech21 case arrived from apple today. Now just to wait for the phone.

That peel case looks great. I don't like to spend too much on cases but I might fork out for that one eventually.

With the scratches on the Jet black iPhone I feel a new '-gate' is coming.

Tiny-scratch-gate???

I like these thin cases myself but just a warning if you haven't used them before: while they are perfectly form fitting at first, all he ones I have had (a Peel and a Puro) did start stretching over time and letting the phone move around a bit inside the case (the Peel did it faster than the Puro). No a huge deal but in my experience if you want a perfect fit you will have to get a new case every 6 to 8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

shanec1928 wrote: »
    My tech21 case arrived from apple today. Now just to wait for the phone.

Got mine too.
    Phone is showing delivery date of next Tuesday, hoping it might ship tomorrow and I'll have it on Friday but probably wishful thinking 😬

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I like these thin cases myself but just a warning if you haven't used them before: while they are perfectly form fitting at first, all he ones I have had (a Peel and a Puro) did start stretching over time and letting the phone move around a bit inside the case (the Peel did it faster than the Puro). No a huge deal but in my experience if you want a perfect fit you will have to get a new case every 6 to 8 months.
    And when they stretch - that's when they start letting in dirt/sand etc.

Scratchy McScratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 alandoonan

Word of advice. If you receive your iPhone 7 earlier than launch day don't go broadcasting it to the world as meteor and apple will read it and recall all phones currently out for delivery. Like what happened today my phone was scheduled for delivery today too but has now been sent back to the warehouse as meteor have requested them all back apart from those that got delivered already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

alandoonan wrote: »
    Word of advice. If you receive your iPhone 7 earlier than launch day don't go broadcasting it to the world as meteor and apple will read it and recall all phones currently out for delivery. Like what happened today my phone was scheduled for delivery today too but has now been sent back to the warehouse as meteor have requested them all back apart from those that got delivered already.

Mine too.

That's brutal, I didn't think they'd bother. Or maybe they shipped out and then Meteor realised themselves and recalled the deliveries. I'd be surprised if they read it here for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

That's brutal, I didn't think they'd bother. Or maybe they shipped out and then Meteor realised themselves and recalled the deliveries. I'd be surprised if they read it here for example.

No but someone could have and rang them ranting about not being due to get their phone today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Friday is the release date. If you get your phone on that date, be happy.

People giving out about others talking about getting their phone early affecting them getting an early delivery is much more annoying than those talking about getting it early :D

Advertisement