Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

As long as it comes Friday I don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm less confident of a Friday delivery, my order has been preparing for dispatch for 5 days now and still hasn't shipped.

I've had a lot of bad experiences with deliveries lately too, courriers pretending they attempted delivery etc. I've a feeling I'll be waiting until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'm less confident of a Friday delivery, my order has been preparing for dispatch for 5 days now and still hasn't shipped.

I've had a lot of bad experiences with deliveries lately too, courriers pretending they attempted delivery etc. I've a feeling I'll be waiting until next week.

If it ships tomorrow, it will be delivered Friday if it goes express with DHL. I ordered my case on Monday and was delivered today by express, only got shipping email last night but phone expected delivery is still Tuesday. Hoping it updates. I called Apple to ask what my chances of a Friday delivery would be and they said initial orders were given an over estimate and they expected everyone to have their phone on Friday who were given 16-20th estimates. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

What is your est delivery date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I'm the same. Still showing Friday as the estimated delivery. I looked back to when I ordered my watch and I didn't get a dispatch email until the night before delivery. I presume they're moved in bulk to distribution centres around the world based on demand and you won't get a dispatch email until it leaves there. I hope :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Danbo! wrote: »
    I'm the same. Still showing Friday as the estimated delivery. I looked back to when I ordered my watch and I didn't get a dispatch email until the night before delivery. I presume they're moved in bulk to distribution centres around the world based on demand and you won't get a dispatch email until it leaves there. I hope :P

Same status here.

I expect they will all she from Europe this evening or tomorrow and arrive on Friday. I have reservations about Tim Cook in terms of long term strategy for Apple, but if there is one thing he he does well it is logistics :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

That person from the Verge is OBSESSED with the headphone jack being gone... How many time can one person mention it?!?! :D

I'm thinking I'm gonna go with the matte black though... The gloss sounds like it'd drive me mad. Although I did love it on the 4/4s, but that was glass..

I have had every iphone since the 3G and have never used the jack once so i couldn't careless :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 colliet

Can anyone tell me if the iphone 7plus can be purchased in store on Friday morning? As in, if I went to the Apple Belfast store and queued early could I pick one up? Also could I purchase by contract in my local Dublin Three store on Friday morning? Again I don't mind queueing. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

colliet wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the iphone 7plus can be purchased in store on Friday morning? As in, if I went to the Apple Belfast store and queued early could I pick one up? Also could I purchase by contract in my local Dublin Three store on Friday morning? Again I don't mind queueing. Thanks.

Both options (queue at Apple or Three) will be available.

Keep in mind however that there might be limited stocks and they might not have the particular model you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 colliet

Thanks. I wonder how early in the AM the queues will start.

• Advertisement

colliet wrote: »
    Thanks. I wonder how early in the AM the queues will start.

Queues are not common over here in Ireland, so I wouldnt bother going very early , just go in at opening time.

dan786 wrote: »
    What is your est delivery date?

Friday 16th. It's kinda like seeing that date all week and then if it doesn't actually arrive on time, even after preparing all week it will disheartening.

All past Apple orders have shipped from the UK for me, but I'm not sure this time due to the pre-order and Ireland being tier 1 this time.

I thought they'd ship from China, but I hope I'm wrong how as it's pretty late in the week to be arriving from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm nearly sure last year Vodafone in Newbridge and Naas had plenty of stock on release day. The rush seems to be getting less and less each year.
    I remember for the iPhone 4 launch queueing outside O2 in Newbridge at 5:30am and there was 4 ahead of me at that stage.

Friday 16th. It's kinda like seeing that date all week and then if it doesn't actually arrive on time, even after preparing all week it will disheartening.

All past Apple orders have shipped from the UK for me, but I'm not sure this time due to the pre-order and Ireland being tier 1 this time.

I thought they'd ship from China, but I hope I'm wrong how as it's pretty late in the week to be arriving from there.

Mine is 16th too but ordered through UK via PM so will have to wait an extra day :(

I say they will ship tomorrow as most orders are delivered next day. My Note 7 orders from Three and Vodafone shipped on the night before launch and I have them next day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dan786 wrote: »
    Mine is 16th too but ordered through UK via PM so will have to wait an extra day :(

I say they will ship tomorrow as most orders are delivered next day. My Note 7 orders from Three and Vodafone shipped on the night before launch and I have them next day.

I think you may get by Friday evening.
    Usually once my parcel hits PM up north, I get an email with a photo of the item, and then its in my box in Charlestown that afternoon/evening.

Makes no difference to me as I'm going away with the lads Friday morning so wont get it till sunday anyway :(

Just have to text the Mrs. kceire to go collect it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Received my i-Blason case today from Amazon. Quite similar to Spigen which i've had in the past. Now just need a phone to fill it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KIPB9GU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kceire wrote: »
    I think you may get by Friday evening.
    Usually once my parcel hits PM up north, I get an email with a photo of the item, and then its in my box in Charlestown that afternoon/evening.

Makes no difference to me as I'm going away with the lads Friday morning so wont get it till sunday anyway :(

Just have to text the Mrs. kceire to go collect it!

You never know with PM to be honest, As in the past I have had items delivered to PM during morning time and they showed up on my account the following day and then my motel that night.

Oh on a side note, reminder for anyone planning to increase liability on PM do it tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

Screen protectors - Where do you buy screen protectors these days? Do you go into any phone shop?

Coleman316 wrote: »
    Screen protectors - Where do you buy screen protectors these days? Do you go into any phone shop?
    Amazon for me, I had trouble finding a normal one, as 90% of the results were the tempered glass ones. Word of advice, the 6s model protector might not work on the 7, it's slightly different. So go for one that's explicitly made for the 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

guil wrote: »
    I'm nearly sure last year Vodafone in Newbridge and Naas had plenty of stock on release day. The rush seems to be getting less and less each year.
    I remember for the iPhone 4 launch queueing outside O2 in Newbridge at 5:30am and there was 4 ahead of me at that stage.

Aye , that time Apple were the only ones that had proper smart phones but since Samsung etc got their act together there's more choice.

• Advertisement

Choice? iPhone 7 or 7 Plus I suppose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

mansize wrote: »
    Choice? iPhone 7 or 7 Plus I suppose...

iPhone with a working battery vs an exploding one :D

FourFourFM wrote: »
    iPhone with a working battery vs an exploding one :D

💅🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

MKBHD on youtube just uploaded an unboxing video. So looking forward to my new phone friday but I can already see myself being bored by saturday morning and wondering what next years will be like. :)

Coleman316 wrote: »
    MKBHD on youtube just uploaded an unboxing video. So looking forward to my new phone friday but I can already see myself being bored by saturday morning and wondering what next years will be like. :)

It's the way of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Was on to Apple support today because my iPhone 7 case is still being held up by UPS. Dropped in that I wouldn't complain if the phone came earlier than the 20th and they simply replied "you never know" :getlost:

Amazon for me, I had trouble finding a normal one, as 90% of the results were the tempered glass ones. Word of advice, the 6s model protector might not work on the 7, it's slightly different. So go for one that's explicitly made for the 7.

Why do you not like the tempered glass option ?

Why do you not like the tempered glass option ?

I've never actually tried one, but because of the slight curve on the iPhone 6 screens and newer at the edge I'd imagine it's not as nice when swiping from the edge of the phone. Even the small bit of thickness a standard screen protector adds is a little noticeable. I'd imagine the tempered glass ones are worse again. The raised edge around the home button also seems a bit annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I have a 7 on order, to be delivered Tuesday but did not take out AppleCare at the time of ordering. I know I can add AppleCare after, but can someone advise me the process?

I went to the website, and while I can see how to buy applecare, it needs the serial number which I don't have. Do I have to wait until I receive the phone and then buy? If so, do I need to bring it somewhere to be inspected to prove it is not damaged when I take out AppleCare?

Ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

MaceFace wrote: »
    I went to the website, and while I can see how to buy applecare, it needs the serial number which I don't have. Do I have to wait until I receive the phone and then buy? If so, do I need to bring it somewhere to be inspected to prove it is not damaged when I take out AppleCare?

Ta

Yeah ring them when you get the phone. They will run a diagnostic on the phone from their end so no need to bring it anywhere.

Advertisement