Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Looks like it's already started on Adverts over 400€ higher than retail

http://www.adverts.ie/11351652

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

UK orders started shipping out this morning via DPD and UK Mail. Apple has been sending confirmation by text message, which isn't so helpful to those of us with Irish numbers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

carrotcake wrote: »
    UK orders started shipping out this morning via DPD and UK Mail. Apple has been sending confirmation by text message, which isn't so helpful to those of us with Irish numbers.

Mine still at "preparing for dispatch"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dan786 wrote: »
    Looks like it's already started on Adverts over 400€ higher than retail

http://www.adverts.ie/11351652
    Reminds me what a cesspool adverts is...

"hi m8 wot u best offer?"
    "can u get me black silk version"
    "920E for iphone 7 cash waiting no joke."

ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Well lads, initial stock of the 7 Plus is sold out. I'm actually delighted, I knew it would but for as far as iPhone goes, the 7 has had a rough time. 56 million units gone and reports of the highest preorder across nearly all netowkrs - sprint report a 375% increase in preorders over the 6.

http://fortune.com/2016/09/15/initial-stock-of-apples-iphone-7-plus-has-sold-out/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I came across my old Apple order of my iPhone 6s from last year. It said delivery 16th Oct - 20 Oct. It was delivered the 15th. The iPhone 7 128gb is only 20 euro more than my 6s 64gb was.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I came across my old Apple order of my iPhone 6s from last year. It said delivery 16th Oct - 20 Oct. It was delivered the 15th. The iPhone 7 128gb is only 20 euro than my 6s 64gb was.

That's a good complaint :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

ugh.
    I've sold several phones via Adverts, no problem. My iP6 will be going up there shortly.

You get chancers in every buy and sell community. Just be clear in your ad and in the tone of your replies and ignore any muppets. The beauty about Adverts is you can deal with them online in the open, rather than over the phone or on your doorstep.

Yeah :P, i think the dates they give are worse case scenario so you get pleasantly surprised when it comes a day earlier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

kceire wrote: »
    Mine still at "preparing for dispatch"
    Judging by the MacRumors forums, it seems it's still like that for those that got the text message too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Dades wrote: »
    I've sold several phones via Adverts, no problem. My iP6 will be going up there shortly.

You get chancers in every buy and sell community. Just be clear in your ad and in the tone of your replies and ignore any muppets. The beauty about Adverts is you can deal with them online in the open, rather than over the phone or on your doorstep.

Yep - give me adverts over donedeal any day. I've only had one messer in all my transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I'd be very wary of buying from this ad. New account no feedback and "coming straight from Hong Kong"

http://www.adverts.ie/apple/unlocked-iphone-7-7plus-from-hong-kong/11346667

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

neonman wrote: »
    I'd be very wary of buying from this ad. New account no feedback and "coming straight from Hong Kong"

http://www.adverts.ie/apple/unlocked-iphone-7-7plus-from-hong-kong/11346667

No sure why anyone would be from them. On top of what you mentioned the price is home that Apple, availability is in 2 weeks, and getting the phone serviced under warranty might be hit-and-miss.

Yeah :P, i think the dates they give are worse case scenario so you get pleasantly surprised when it comes a day earlier ;)

I haven't bought directly from Apple since the 4. I'm just gonna saunter into Vodafone in the morning and get my upgrade. I was down yesterday and the chap said I'd be grand first thing. It's a pricey plan but I'd be on it either way for the minutes and data use so it makes no odds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Well lads, initial stock of the 7 Plus is sold out. I'm actually delighted

?? do you have Apple shares?

• Administrators Posts: 53,846 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

ugh.

I have sympathy for most sellers on adverts but not dickheads trying to sell 900 quid phones for 1400.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

awec wrote: »
    I have sympathy for most sellers on adverts but not dickheads trying to sell 900 quid phones for 1400.

Meh. Put up for 1400, take 1100 no big deal. If someone is prepared to pay that then fair play to them for getting up early to get their order in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's madness now given the fact that Ireland is tier 1.

Well lads, initial stock of the 7 Plus is sold out. I'm actually delighted

?? do you have Apple shares?

Ha! No. That's slightly out of context. It was backed up with me saying I was happy due to all the negative press it was getting and it still sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Which case are people buying? I use an otter box on my 6 plus but id like dive thing that's safe but doesn't cover it up as much if that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 T K

Mine still says "processing items" - getting impatient! Matte black 128GB 7, not plus. I ordered at 9AM last Friday. I initially had a date of 26th-28th Sept, now down to 22nd-26th.

I noticed later in the afternoon on Friday that the delivery slot for an identical order was the 20th-22nd, so I'm hoping mine will come by then.

I ordered this clear Spigen case.

T K wrote: »
    Mine still says "processing items" - getting impatient! Matte black 128GB 7, not plus. I ordered at 9AM last Friday. I initially had a date of 26th-28th Sept, now down to 22nd-26th.

I noticed later in the afternoon on Friday that the delivery slot for an identical order was the 20th-22nd, so I'm hoping mine will come by then.

I ordered this clear Spigen case.

Same phone ordered as soon as the reorders started (I was refreshing the page).

My deliver date is the 16th and it has been in "Preparing for Dispatch" status since Sunday I think. I reckon for pre-orders the preparing status is a bit misleading and don't give you much of an idea of how much you have to wait until shipment.

Ha! No. That's slightly out of context. It was backed up with me saying I was happy due to all the negative press it was getting and it still sold out.

I only just about decided to buy the 7. Apple seem to be behind and dated in a lot of specs compared to Samsung. I think Apples attitude is " ah sure there's an Apple on the back of the phone it will sell even if it was a block of wood"

Main reason i decided to buy is because the processor is supposed to be fast and i like a snappy phone so i'll give them one more chance to see if the 8's specs might come close to Samsung next year . I think the specs differences between Samsung and Apple are getting better in Samsungs favour..

Unless Apple start catching up with Samsung they will eventually end up like Nokia and Blackberry, you don't hear much about those once popular phones anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

awec wrote: »

oh yeah totally, as a person who's sold there before the people who try and converse with you about your item are the worst of the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I only just about decided to buy the 7. Apple seem to be behind and dated in a lot of specs compared to Samsung. I think Apples attitude is " ah sure there's an Apple on the back of the phone it will sell even if it was a block of wood"

Main reason i decided to buy is because the processor is supposed to be fast and i like a snappy phone so i'll give them one more chance to see if the 8's specs might come close to Samsung next year . I think the specs differences between Samsung and Apple are getting better in Samsungs favour..

Unless Apple start catching up with Samsung they will eventually end up like Nokia and Blackberry, you don't hear much about those once popular phones anymore!
    Specs mean very little when real world tests or geekbench scores tell the real story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Just got a text from DHL with tracking number. It's being shipped from East Midlands UK.

You could easily turn that around and say that as opposed to Samsung, Apple's attitude is not to say "ah sure lets add another 10 useless features, instead of competing on usefulness and usability we will grab all the buyers who decide based on the specs".

I certainly don't want to start an Apple v.s. Samsung debate here, but just saying it is a matter of point of view ;-)

Danbo! wrote: »
    Just got a text from DHL with tracking number. It's being shipped from East Midlands UK.

Did you order through UK or Irish site?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

dan786 wrote: »
    Did you order through UK or Irish site?

I just got the text too, ordered from the Irish site

• Advertisement

Ah well no dispatch notice is one of the disadvantages of ordering through UK but as I bought 3 for people in the house, the saving of 220-230 was worth it.

Advertisement