Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

I haven't bought directly from Apple since the 4. I'm just gonna saunter into Vodafone in the morning and get my upgrade. I was down yesterday and the chap said I'd be grand first thing. It's a pricey plan but I'd be on it either way for the minutes and data use so it makes no odds :)

You sure? I doubt very much anyone needs to be on a pricey plan when there's so much value in SIM only and prepay with unlimited data/calls/texts in a lot of cases!

The plan is pricey to recoup the phone cost, the actual service cost and comes with a little cream on top

• Administrators Posts: 53,846 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bob24 wrote: »
    Same phone ordered as soon as the reorders started (I was refreshing the page).

My deliver date is the 16th and it has been in "Preparing for Dispatch" status since Sunday I think. I reckon for pre-orders the preparing status is a bit misleading and don't give you much of an idea of how much you have to wait until shipment.

My watch is exactly the same, been saying preparing for dispatch since Sunday but the Apple Store app still says it'll be delivered tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

dan786 wrote: »
    Did you order through UK or Irish site?

Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I haven't bought directly from Apple since the 4. I'm just gonna saunter into Vodafone in the morning and get my upgrade. I was down yesterday and the chap said I'd be grand first thing. It's a pricey plan but I'd be on it either way for the minutes and data use so it makes no odds :)

You sure? I doubt very much anyone needs to be on a pricey plan when there's so much value in SIM only and prepay with unlimited data/calls/texts in a lot of cases!

The plan is pricey to recoup the phone cost, the actual service cost and comes with a little cream on top

Ah I like Vodafone and the Super Red plan is what I use and need.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm on that plan too and need it for the data. I get an affinity discount so it's a bit cheaper

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »

I'm on that plan too and need it for the data. I get an affinity discount so it's a bit cheaper

What's an affinity discount? The data is why I am on it too.

I have a company phone that's on a corporate plan so get €15 off red super or €10 off red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Just got a call from my local Three store confirming that they will have an iPhone 7 32GB Matt Black in store for me in the morning. Nice one!

I have a company phone that's on a corporate plan so get 15 off red super or 10 off red.

Nice nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

don't wanna go down this rabbit hole, but if you are paying 80 euro and mainly a data user, you're on the wrong plan.

• Advertisement

don't wanna go down this rabbit hole, but if you are paying 80 euro and mainly a data user, you're on the wrong plan.

I could talk for Ireland haha and make calls regularly to Australia, what plan would you suggest I go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Had a look at Adverts again, 128GB has an offer of 1000e which is not too bad if someone want it tomorrow. But then seen a offer of 1080 on a 32GB, now thats being a bit stupid.

I could talk for Ireland haha and make calls regularly to Australia, what plan would you suggest I go on?
    would you not make an adjustment of using data calls to Australia, even lycamobile might be an option? A sim-free plan should not be more than 20 euro for anyone and a phone plan should not be more than 50 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

Do Parcel Motel deliver parcels on weekends does anyone know? I ordered mine from the UK and am just wondering if it's delivered to the sorting office tomorrow will I have to wait until Monday to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Saturday mornings. They basically do a half day Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Right one of my cheap eBay covers arrived so I'll have something to cover it with Sat!

would you not make an adjustment of using data calls to Australia, even lycamobile might be an option? A sim-free plan should not be more than 20 euro for anyone and a phone plan should not be more than 50 per month.

My plan was €75 and now is gone to €80 but that includes Spotify and 25gb Dropbox for 3 years. Then the discount comes off. I've tried data calls before but generally they aren't reliable enough.

I got my iPhone 6 free and paid €60 per month and I'm upgrading after 14 months I think so all I have paid all in is €840 and selling the 6 will more or less cover the cost of the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

closcriobh wrote: »
    Do Parcel Motel deliver parcels on weekends does anyone know? I ordered mine from the UK and am just wondering if it's delivered to the sorting office tomorrow will I have to wait until Monday to collect.

i have got stuff off parcel motel up to just after midnight sat night
    never on a sunday !!!!

make sure u have signed up to ur text message notifications to early am!

My plan was 75 and now is gone to 80 but that includes Spotify and 25gb Dropbox for 3 years. Then the discount comes off. I've tried data calls before but generally they aren't reliable enough.

I got my iPhone 6 free and paid 60 per month and I'm upgrading after 14 months I think so all I have paid all in is 840 and selling the 6 will more or less cover the cost of the upgrade.
    Happy days then - a lot of people think i'm mad spending 479 on the 7plus128gb, but my monthly bill is only 34EUR with Three. Every time I upgrade, the price of the sell is more than the price of the new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Happy days then - a lot of people think i'm mad spending 479 on the 7plus128gb, but my monthly bill is only 34EUR with Three. Every time I upgrade, the price of the sell is more than the price of the new phone.

Where did you order the 128gb plus on three? It's not on their website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Got a DHL text about my order too, doesn't give any details other than its on the way. Apple system still says preparing for dispatch.

Text received at around 12.15 and ordered from the Apple Irish store.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've done my sums and the better networks* aren't really offering that great SIM only deals, unless you are okay with being constricted with minutes/data. When you add in €889 for a 128GB handset from Apple there ain't much to choose between them. YMMV. :)

* Some animals are more equal than others!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Do you mind if I ask what shop this is, my local branch was to ring me regarding stock but nothing yet. I'll call down to them after work anyway but just curious. So assuming I can head down to my store tomorrow and sign up, get the phone and be on my way? I'm moving from three as my contract expired a while ago and their service is crap here but it's a bit annoying that they are delivering tomorrow while Vodafone won't say anything.

Where did you order the 128gb plus on three? It's not on their website?
    Sold out very quick I'd say. I ordered on the spot when I got the email using my 6 year old iPhone 4!! (bridge phone)

I'm getting the 128gb 7 for €399. It would only be €199 if I was at the end of contract but €200 extra with 10 months left is decent in my book.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sold out very quick I'd say. I ordered on the spot when I got the email using my 6 year old iPhone 4!! (bridge phone)
    Did they let you keep an existing plan? The minimum plan advertised for a 7 (not even plus) is €40.66.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 colliet

I just popped into my local Three store and was told none of their stores will have any of the iphone 7plus phones tomorrow or even in the next few days.

Dades wrote: »
    Did they let you keep an existing plan? The minimum plan advertised for a 7 (not even plus) is 40.66.
    yep there is an option to keep your current plan, even the loyalty discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Has anyone had their order status changed today. Apple said it should be with me tomorrow but I'm still in the "Preparing for dispatch" phase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Specs mean very little when real world tests or geekbench scores tell the real story.

I did feel that way until i held an S7 edge in my hand, the screen is absolutely fabulous :o

Advertisement