Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

neonman wrote: »
    Yeah I would love to know that as well. If i pre-order it tomorrow and select the store in the UK closest to where I am staying and just pick it up when I arrive over there on the 16th. I would hate for them to take my cash and order and then arrive at the store to be told sorry no iPhone 7s.

Yes you can reserve the phone and pick the store and time to collect, it will be there for you to collect on that date/time.

From last few years i have always reserved in belfast store and you are in and out in lesst than 20 mins with new phone, you don't even have to pay online, just pay in store.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Well, just ordered our cases on Amazon.
    Cheap and cheerful, just to have something on them for a few days while I check out what case I will use permanent. 1p .....plus postage of course :D

Can someone confirm how revoult card works please?
    Do I load it with sterling or euro?
    And I obviously need to do it from a debit card to avoid charges?

maximum12 wrote: »
    Anyone estimate the market value of an 1phone 6 64GB in very good condition ? The Apple trade in program offers €255.

I've sold both of ours for €425.
    Both immaculate. Glass protectors and cases since day 1. Full box, accessories, leaflets and original email receipts from Apple.

Doylers wrote: »
    What Im wondering though is can I pre-order it the 9th to be guaranteed its there waiting on the 16th/17th.

Remember when you used to pre-order an xbox in gamestop a unit was never put aside for you specifically have been traumatised by it
    neonman wrote: »
    Yeah I would love to know that as well. If i pre-order it tomorrow and select the store in the UK closest to where I am staying and just pick it up when I arrive over there on the 16th. I would hate for them to take my cash and order and then arrive at the store to be told sorry no iPhone 7s.

Apple work things a little differently. Your pre-order will be sitting there with your name on it, no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

If you're going to Belfast to get one, which I am, you're better off using your plastic. Pre orders start at midnight tonight 😀

• Advertisement

drumzone wrote: »
    If you're going to Belfast to get one, which I am, you're better off using your plastic. Pre orders start at midnight tonight 😀

Don't forget your plastic uses an exchange rate, plus then the company add a foreign country X change fee to the transaction, so it won't be exactly what the rate is.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

kceire wrote: »
    Don't forget your plastic uses an exchange rate, plus then the company add a foreign country X change fee to the transaction, so it won't be exactly what the rate is.

Only if you tell them you want to pay in sterling.

If you pay in euro in Belfast you will be converted by your bank at the current exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Pre orders start at midnight tonight 😀

For reference, Apple's website says "Pre-order from 8:01 am on 9 September."

awec wrote: »

If you pay in euro in Belfast you will be converted by your bank at the current exchange rate.

I've never been able to buy in Belfast in Euro. I've bought all my phones since the 4 there.

Can anyone confirm if Apple Store online will accept a revoult card for sure?

kceire wrote: »
    I've never been able to buy in Belfast in Euro. I've bought all my phones since the 4 there.

Can anyone confirm if Apple Store will accept a revoult card for sure?

I guess what the poster meant is that in some places, when the POS terminal sees your credit card is in a different currency it is offering to pay in that currency. What it means is that the conversion will be done by the bank of the business your are buying something from rather than being done by your own bank. So you pay the exact euro amount displayed on the screen in euros and there is no surprise. I usually don't choose that option though as the bank who issued the POS terminal has no incentive whatsoever to give you a good rate and will usually make it more expensive than letting your own bank do the conversion.

• Advertisement

Pre orders in start at 08.01 just rang Apple Belfast.

Yes the store in Belfast will take Euro cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Pre orders in start at 08.01 just rang Apple Belfast.

And the pre orders for store pickup are done via the apple.co.uk website I take it and you just select the store to pick up from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Annoyed by the headphone jack omission and very tempted to buy a reduced price 6S Plus now.

D.

Dinarius wrote: »
    Annoyed by the headphone jack omission and very tempted to buy a reduced price 6S Plus now.

D.

If you don't care about the improved camera or the new colours - it probably isn't a bad deal (I don't think anything else is a major change on the Plus).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

When i go to setup my card on the UK store it was post code (wont take eircode) and forces my to use the UK.

Would it matter when the card goes to pay if the address details are duds?

Doylers wrote: »
    When i go to setup my card on the UK store it was post code (wont take eircode) and forces my to use the UK.

Would it matter when the card goes to pay if the address details are duds?

Last time I tried a wrogn postcode didn't block the transaction. But it was a while ago(for the iPhone 5!) so it could have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Bob24 wrote: »
    If you don't care about the improved camera or the new colours - it probably isn't a bad deal (I don't think anything else is a major change on the Plus).

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a photographer, so the camera is the least of my concerns. :)

And with the screen res unchanged.......

Only the added battery life and the better processor are tempting. But, it's a phone, not a laptop. How much speed do I need in the palm of my hand?

If I was to go the 6S Plus route, where is the cheapest place to buy?

Thanks again.

D.

Bob24 wrote: »
    I guess what the poster meant is that in some places, when the POS terminal sees your credit card is in a different currency it is offering to pay in that currency. What it means is that the conversion will be done by the bank of the business your are buying something from rather than being done by your own bank. So you pay the exact euro amount displayed on the screen in euros and there is no surprise. I usually don't choose that option though as the bank who issued the POS terminal has no incentive whatsoever to give you a good rate and will usually make it more expensive than letting your own bank do the conversion.

Yes, this.

It is the same as when you use an ATM in the UK, you are better not doing the conversion there and then and letting your own bank do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

The reports of an "awful" home button would create a sense of wait and see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

awec wrote: »

No, it will be converted by a third party company at a pretty crappy rate, then that uncompetitive Euro amount charged to your card in native Euro.

I have never seen a foreign card terminal offer a fair rate for this kind of native Euro charging. Avoid!

mackerski wrote: »
    No, it will be converted by a third party company at a pretty crappy rate, then that uncompetitive Euro amount charged to your card in native Euro.

I have never seen a foreign card terminal offer a fair rate for this kind of native Euro charging. Avoid!

You're right, sorry, I had it the wrong way around.

Pay in sterling = your bank does the conversion.

Pay in euro = they do the conversion at a rubbish rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'll be ordering through the Irish store tomorrow. Set on the iPhone 7 - Black 32GB model. Seems like most are going the parcel model/UK route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Gonna get my 7s plus in Belfast and 2 SE's for my kids xmas presents. Will save about €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Is there much of a saving on the entry level iPhone 7 going the UK/revolut route? I know the 7 Plus offers better savings but the 7 probably won't be as big of a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm still rocking an iphone 5. I think the 5 model is the best looking phone of the lot of them still. I hated the look of the 6 and was hoping the 7 was gonna be different looking but the last few months killed that hope. I'm just gonna buy it and keep it immaculate and hope next years tenth anniversary phone is totally different.

I'm sick of using a passcode at this stage so i had my heart set on a phone with touch id no matter what it looked like.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'm still rocking an iphone 5. I think the 5 model is the best looking phone of the lot of them still. I hated the look of the 6 and was hoping the 7 was gonna be different looking but the last few months killed that hope. I'm just gonna buy it and keep it immaculate and hope next years tenth anniversary phone is totally different.

I'm sick of using a passcode at this stage so i had my heart set on a phone with touch id no matter what it looked like.

If you prefer the iPhone 5 design and you are buying the phone as a stopgap until next year to have touch ID, the SE might be an option to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads how much would one get for a Sim free Iphone 6s plus 16GB which was bought 26/12/15

Shop new condition

naasrd wrote: »
    Gonna get my 7s plus in Belfast and 2 SE's for my kids xmas presents. Will save about €200.

I'll sell you my still sealed in box with receipt silver SE for €375. Save yourself another €125 :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads how much would one get for a Sim free Iphone 6s plus 16GB which was bought 26/12/15

Shop new condition

Between €550 and €600.

Advertisement