Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Micky 32 wrote: »
    guil wrote: »
    Specs mean very little when real world tests or geekbench scores tell the real story.

I did feel that way until i held an S7 edge in my hand, the screen is absolutely fabulous :o
    The Note 7 gives a lovely warm feeling... ;)

FYI: Three have started to ship preorders today using Nightline.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

yep there is an option to keep your current plan, even the loyalty discounts.
    If Vodafone had that I'd bite their hand off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

miralize wrote: »
    Has anyone had their order status changed today. Apple said it should be with me tomorrow but I'm still in the "Preparing for dispatch" phase
    Still "preparing for dispatch" for me. It looks like it's the same for everyone else, including those who got a text message today to say that their phone has been dispatched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Mines just been updated to Dispatched with Tracking info. Currently in Hinkley GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Batesy wrote: »
    Mines just been updated to Dispatched with Tracking info. Currently in Hinkley GB
    Ha, mine too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Mine is dispatched too. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

What's an affinity discount? The data is why I am on it too.
    don't wanna go down this rabbit hole, but if you are paying 80 euro and mainly a data user, you're on the wrong plan.

Ah it's also the 500 minutes and texts worldwide. They get used too. Data calls would be an option only the main person I call never has data coverage where he lives. Part of me wants to dump Vodafone and just go to Three or a network more suited to big data users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Dispatched on 10 September 2016 and the est. delivery is tomorrow!! It was the 20th!! :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Dades wrote: »
    I've done my sums and the better networks* aren't really offering that great SIM only deals, unless you are okay with being constricted with minutes/data. When you add in €889 for a 128GB handset from Apple there ain't much to choose between them. YMMV. :)

* Some animals are more equal than others!

I did the same and if I move to the €25.41 sim only plan as my contract is up, it works out pretty much the same give or take a tenner over the 2 years. The freedom to move networks/have an unlocked phone is more important imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Mine just dispatched there. Happy days.

Don't forget to bump your ParcelMotel insurance folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

dan786 wrote: »
    Mine is dispatched too. Happy days.

Mine just changed too, but it says dispatched Sep 10th, not that it makes much difference, delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Dam it, so jealous no sign of movement on my iPhone 7 plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Neonman logs into his apple account to check his order after seeing the above posts hoping that his might have changed to an earlier delivery date but sees it is still "Processing items" and delivery is still "4th of Oct - 9th of Oct"

SAD FACE :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Vodafone being very secretive about when we are getting our phones. Showing as awaiting dispatch, I'm to pick mine up in store so was hoping to get it tomorrow

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mine still preparing for dispatch too from the UK store.
    Still says due 16th Sept.

iPhone 7 (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

Got my text earlier from DHL, scheduled for delivery tomorrow for my 7 256gb!

Just walked into Vodafone they have phones to walk in and get tomorrow. Pluses are only in Dundrum, Grafton St, Henry St, Blanchardstown. All other shops will get just be getting 7's. No shop is getting Jet Black colours of either. That's what I just learned :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Vodafone being very secretive about when we are getting our phones. Showing as awaiting dispatch, I'm to pick mine up in store so was hoping to get it tomorrow

I'm the same. No one has a clue or they are told to keep quiet and play dumb. I ordered as soon as they were available to order last Friday so hoping I get mine in store tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Meteor better deliver the phone tomorrow as my sister has to get it to me! Monday is too late!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

neonman wrote: »
    Neonman logs into his apple account to check his order after seeing the above posts hoping that his might have changed to an earlier delivery date but sees it is still "Processing items" and delivery is still "4th of Oct - 9th of Oct"

SAD FACE :-(
    I feel your pain neonman

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hope to get my 7 plus tomorrow, got a text earlier in week indicating I should.
    Headlines on CNBC right now: iPhone 7 plus sold out globally.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just walked into Vodafone they have phones to walk in and get tomorrow. Pluses are only in Dundrum, Grafton St, Henry St, Blanchardstown. All other shops will get just be getting 7's. No shop is getting Jet Black colours of either. That's what I just learned :)
    Mostly 128GB too, from what I was told.

Dades wrote: »
    Mostly 128GB too, from what I was told.

Yep, that's what I heard too.

Has anyone seen this fella's claim? Seems legit. Although shipped from Apple Cork? Do they ship?

http://www.joe.ie/tech/pics-an-irishman-claims-to-have-the-iphone-7-a-day-before-its-worldwide-release/560257

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Has anyone seen this fella's claim? Seems legit. Although shipped from Apple Cork? Do they ship?

Nope it is the "journalist" making a wild guess.

"Apple Distribution" is probably just the entity which funnels the profits and does what the European Commission is not happy about.

Bob24 wrote: »
    "Apple Distribution" is probably just the entity which funnels the profits and does what the European Commission is not happy about.

Brilliant!! :D Probably that empty office! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just got a text to say mine has been dispatched with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

LaGlisse wrote: »

Just got a txt to say mine has been dispatched (home delivery) so you should hear from them soon if not already

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

fifi28 wrote: »
    Just got a txt to say mine has been dispatched (home delivery) so you should hear from them soon if not already

Yeah got that,should have it tomorrow so,sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Hopefully the deliveries will be all straight forward tomorrow with no delays. Worried that the bus strike and extra traffic build up could cause delays.

Advertisement