Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 colliet

RobertKK wrote: »
    Hope to get my 7 plus tomorrow, got a text earlier in week indicating I should.
    Headlines on CNBC right now: iPhone 7 plus sold out globally.

Does this mean if I walk into the Apple Store in Belfast in the morning I won't be able to purchase a 7plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

colliet wrote: »
    RobertKK wrote: »
    Hope to get my 7 plus tomorrow, got a text earlier in week indicating I should.
    Headlines on CNBC right now: iPhone 7 plus sold out globally.

Does this mean if I walk into the Apple Store in Belfast in the morning I won't be able to purchase a 7plus?

You would be best to ring them but apple have stated none will be available to buy from Apple stores and if there is any they will be in short supply, they recommend ordering online through Apple website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Just walked into Vodafone they have phones to walk in and get tomorrow. Pluses are only in Dundrum, Grafton St, Henry St, Blanchardstown. All other shops will get just be getting 7's. No shop is getting Jet Black colours of either. That's what I just learned :)

Went down to me nearest branch and all they had was 7s with no idea when they'll get more in but they're to late me know. Pretty gutted as I wanted it at least this weekend but will probably be a few weeks now as I doubt there'll be much leftover stock after tomorrow. The staff in Vodafone said they'd try get me one from another branch but if the above is true I've no chance of that.

It's no surprise that the 7plus is most popular with early adopters I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Got the call from Apple to confirm my details and I ordered mine from Apple.ie. I wonder does this mean I'll get it sooner than early October, unfortunately I'd doubt it!!

Kagawa wrote: »
    Got the call from Apple to confirm my details and I ordered mine from Apple.ie. I wonder does this mean I'll get it sooner than early October, unfortunately I'd doubt it!!

That's strange maybe a problem with ur payment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

martin_g wrote: »
    That's strange maybe a problem with ur payment?

No, I'm using a different address then the last time I ordered from Apple, so I assume they just wanted to check,

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

my watch is still showing as waiting for dispatch but it still says it'll be delivered tomorrow.

I'll be royally fcuked off if it isn't delivered tomorrow, would be pretty poor on Apple's behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Yep, that's what I heard too.

Has anyone seen this fella's claim? Seems legit. Although shipped from Apple Cork? Do they ship?

http://www.joe.ie/tech/pics-an-irishman-claims-to-have-the-iphone-7-a-day-before-its-worldwide-release/560257

Sure weren't guys on here saying Nightline had shipped the iPhone 7 on Meteor early. Then they cancelled it around 2, so us boggers didnt benefit :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

colliet wrote: »

You had to pre order for collection last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Yep, that's what I heard too.

Has anyone seen this fella's claim? Seems legit. Although shipped from Apple Cork? Do they ship?

http://www.joe.ie/tech/pics-an-irishman-claims-to-have-the-iphone-7-a-day-before-its-worldwide-release/560257

It doesn't ship from Cork. It's just Joe.ie talking rubbish as usual.

• Advertisement

They only ship from the UK or China no where else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

If you ordered through the Irish site , the Invoice is from Apple in Cork but the phones are shipped from UK.

In my case as I used the UK site but had Irish billing address, my invoice is from Cork as well but phone is being shipped from UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 shane14

Just after seeing my order for Black plus 128 has been moved up to 20-22 sept from 26-28 sept so happy enough with that. And just a little bit hopeful of delivery 2moro.

dan786 wrote: »
    If you ordered through the Irish site , the Invoice is from Apple in Cork but the phones are shipped from UK.

In my case as I used the UK site but had Irish billing address, my invoice is from Cork as well but phone is being shipped from UK.

All phones sold by Apple in the EMEA region are billed by Apple in Ireland, your billing address didn't make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

FourFourFM wrote: »
    All phones sold by Apple in the EMEA region are billed by Apple in Ireland, your billing address didn't make a difference.

Nope. I ordered a 6S Plus last year while in UK using UK card and it had a UK address on invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

Haven't had a new iphone in 4 years so im excited. Got my text today so hopefully have it in my hand tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

guil wrote: »
    Just got a text to say mine has been dispatched with Vodafone.

No movement on mine & I'm porting to them so assuming my new sim will be delivered with phone. Selected tomorrow morning to port assuming (hoping) I'd get it tomorrow. If I don't I'm fairly screwed

dan786 wrote: »
    Nope. I ordered a 6S Plus last year while in UK using UK card and it had a UK address on invoice.

iPad Pro bought online in June. UK site, UK delivery address, UK billing address. Billed by Apple Distribution International.

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/help/returns_refund

http://www.apple.com/fr/shop/help/returns_refund

Etc

All point to Apple Distribution International being the billing base with regulation by Central Bank of Ireland.

Just for everyone's info

On the eve of the release of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus tomorrow, Apple has released an official statement announcing that the jet black iPhone 7 has completely sold out, as well as all finishes of iPhone 7 Plus, on pre-orders alone. This means that there will be no jet black iPhone 7 units or iPhone 7 Plus units available to those currently lined-up outside Apple stores hoping to walk up and buy them tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

martin_g wrote: »
    Just for everyone's info

On the eve of the release of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus tomorrow, Apple has released an official statement announcing that the jet black iPhone 7 has completely sold out, as well as all finishes of iPhone 7 Plus, on pre-orders alone. This means that there will be no jet black iPhone 7 units or iPhone 7 Plus units available to those currently lined-up outside Apple stores hoping to walk up and buy them tomorrow.

I saw that on Reddit allright, its mental how popular the phone has proven to be really considering many were underwhelmed. I think the black colours have a lot to do with it, i'm mad to get my hands on a matt black plus but will have to wait and hope my local vodafone shop comes good. This must be the first time ever that there has been no phones available to buy in Apple stores on release day is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Got 2 text messages (one from Apple and one from DHL) to let me know the orders has dispatched and is about to be delivered).

7, black, 128GB, ordered from the Irish online Apple Store.

On the DHL website the parcel shows as originating from EAST MIDLANDS.

The advantages of living in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Or one of those lucky meteor ones

Nice! Enjoy :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Bob24 wrote: »
    Got 2 text messages (one from Apple and one from DHL) to let me know the orders has dispatched and is about to be delivered).

7, black, 128GB, ordered from the Irish online Apple Store.

On the DHL website the parcel shows as originating from EAST MIDLANDS.

That will land in Dublin over night, and be out for delivery tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I saw that on Reddit allright, its mental how popular the phone has proven to be really considering many were underwhelmed. I think the black colours have a lot to do with it, i'm mad to get my hands on a matt black plus but will have to wait and hope my local vodafone shop comes good. This must be the first time ever that there has been no phones available to buy in Apple stores on release day is it?

It may not be more popular at all. Apple always control stock on launch as it makes better news to say something is sold out. Share price today is quite telling. We won't see stats on units sold till the relevant earnings release.

Got my 7 matte black 128gb. Happy enough as I was on the 4s so I'll notice a big improvement.

First problem - boards is showing up as offline when I search for it on safari yet I am typing this on my 4s so obviously it's not offline. Any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

Got my 7 matte black 128gb. Happy enough as I was on the 4s so I'll notice a big improvement.

First problem - boards is showing up as offline when I search for it on safari yet I am typing this on my 4s so obviously it's not offline. Any suggestions ?

that's not a problem,that's a blessing.

• Advertisement

Would appreciate suggestions on this.

I reluctantly downloaded the app and I'm getting the same message on the app - website offline

Advertisement