Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Would appreciate suggestions on this.

I reluctantly downloaded the app and I'm getting the same message on the app - website offline

All you can do really is clearing browsing data- history cache etc in settings. If that doesn't work reset network settings.

guil wrote: »
    All you can do really is clearing browsing data- history cache etc in settings. If that doesn't work reset network settings.

I did the history/cache/ cookie thing but no joy.

I might try resetting the network settings so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

I have the same problem with my iPhone 6 (Safari and Chrome). Boards is giving me a 503/504 error, while my laptop on the same wifi network is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Can you try on mobile? My 6 is working fine on 3G and 4G.

carrotcake wrote: »
    I have the same problem with my iPhone 6 (Safari and Chrome). Boards is giving me a 503/504 error, while my laptop on the same wifi network is fine.

How long has it been like that ? I can access anything I want on my new phone except Boards.ie

I'm sitting here typing this on my old 4s which is obviously using the same network too.

So iPhone 4s fine but iPhone 7 ? Nah.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Can you try on mobile? My 6 is working fine on 3G and 4G.

Just tried it on 4g and still no joy. Error 504 coming up.

Same story with 4G.

How long has it been like that ? I can access anything I want on my new phone except Boards.ie

I'm sitting here typing this on my old 4s which is obviously using the same network too.

So iPhone 4s fine but iPhone 7 ? Nah.
    I noticed it yesterday afternoon. I don't think it's a problem with the phone.

UK Mail now reporting arriving in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

07:40 - Arrived at Delivery Facility in DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

?width=500&version=1000234

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Parcel motel have mine now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Vodafone Iphone7 32gb black now in my possession :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just walked into my local Vodafone at 9:01. No queue! Picked up a black 128GB in 5 minutes.

The guy working there looked gutted when I said I'd set it up at home - he hadn't even seen one yet - so let him open it and we all had a look. :)

Funny to think of all the heads queuing in Times Square still and we're already sorted in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Dades wrote: »
    Just walked into my local Vodafone at 9:01. No queue! Picked up a black 128GB in 5 minutes.

The guy working there looked gutted when I said I'd set it up at home - he hadn't even seen one yet - so let him open it and we all had a look. :)

Funny to think of all the heads queuing in Times Square still and we're already sorted in Ireland!

Unless you're on Three ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

fifi28 wrote: »
    Vodafone Iphone7 32gb black now in my possession :)

How different is the black to the space grey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Dades wrote: »

Just walked in to Vodafone Portlaoise and picked up the 7 128GB, no queue or anything, nice and easy :-)

How different is the black to the space grey?

Much slicker looking. The antenna bands practically invisible, fingerprints are visible though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Rang my local Three, was told they didn't get any today as there was a delay in Apple production, he said there is none in the country, liar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

When did Apple stop using sapphire on the home button and camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

tony1980 wrote: »
    Just walked in to Vodafone Portlaoise and picked up the 7 128GB, no queue or anything, nice and easy :-)

Do they have them out on display? I still want to see jet black and black in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Quite impressed with my matt black 7. Nice and sleek looking. The new haptic home button is fine for me too. I dont find it in any way annoying compared to the traditional home button.

So the new home button will take some getting used to - not annoying just different. Also having issues with boards site (posting from my ipad)

Just tried new lightning earpods! Sound from them is top notch compared to my previous set with iphone 6 :)

Harcrid wrote: »
    Quite impressed with my matt black 7. Nice and sleek looking. The new haptic home button is fine for me too. I dont find it in any way annoying compared to the traditional home button.

I don't feel any real difference on the home button at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Two of my friends got them in our local Three store on Prepay and they had a few in stock while I ordered online last Friday and am still waiting to hear from Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

kceire wrote: »
    Parcel motel have mine now.....

Be nice to know if we will get them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

God, that scratch test video is hard to watch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mad muffin wrote: »
    Do they have them out on display? I still want to see jet black and black in real life.
    Guy in Vodafone said they got no Jet Blacks at all due to extreme shortages - would be surprised if anyone has them on display or even in stock.

Quite possibly an Apple ploy to drum up a bit of rarity factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Compub has jet black on display

Advertisement