Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

boardzz wrote: »
    Compub has jet black on display

Only for a day ... tomorrow they will have scratched black ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

mad muffin wrote: »
    Do they have them out on display? I still want to see jet black and black in real life.

None on display, I don't think they even have the plus model there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

In the Three store I was in they said they have not had as few handsets on opening day since the iPhone 4/4S days. Possibly a consequence of now being a tier 1 country and not having the benefit of an extra few weeks production.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

boardzz wrote: »
    Compub has jet black on display

What was there supply of black 7 plus like do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone who ordered through PM, has it been checked in on your account yet? Mine was delivered just before 9 and still nothing on my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered through PM, has it been checked in on your account yet? Mine was delivered just before 9 and still nothing on my account.

Nothing here either. Possibly something to do with the volume of iPhones there receiving today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

closcriobh wrote: »
    Nothing here either. Possibly something to do with the volume of iPhones there receiving today?

Or they are not going to do it till tomorrow or Monday.

I remember my order for another phone was delivered to them on a Tuesday morning and it didn't show up on my PM till Wednesday and then hit my locked Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

RedLegend wrote: »
    What was there supply of black 7 plus like do you know?

I was in blanch last night and they didn't have any 7 plus at all, only 7 for sale this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

So I definitely want an iphone 7 but I'm really undecided about the colour/storage to go for. I'll be upgrading from a white/gold iphone 5s 16gb thats been creaking at the seams for some time now (I was determined to hold out for the newest model).

I hear a lot of people raving about the new shiney black, but I'm not sure I like it - does it look so much better in person? I'm also a bit unsure because of the scratch warning given out by apple. Are there stores in South Dub that have all colours on display because I think I could judge a lot better if I had it in my hands.

Also, how are people deciding how much memory is enough. I fear that a 32gb will in time get me into the same trouble that my 16gb is giving me now. That said, I don't keep tonnes of music on my phone or anything and theoretically I can store photos elsewhere....so 128gb seems an awful lot. How are others making this decision!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Also, how are people deciding how much memory is enough. I fear that a 32gb will in time get me into the same trouble that my 16gb is giving me now. That said, I don't keep tonnes of music on my phone or anything and theoretically I can store photos elsewhere....so 128gb seems an awful lot. How are others making this decision!?

Colour is a preference thing and I'm mad for anything matt black personally.

With regards storage, it really depends, but if your questioning it, I'd always err on the larger side just to be sure. I want to keep this phone for minimum 2 years so went with 128 over 32 to future proof it a little.

As hard drives get bigger over the years, so does the data you keep on them - games/apps etc - but also 12mp photos in RAW format and 4K video will fill it up, if you plan to use the camera a lot. Yes, there are cloud storage options but I'd rather not have to heavy rely on them for storage as opposed to just backup.

With apple music or spotify, you don't need to keep your entire music collection local, but I do like having some local for things like flights, long drives around Ireland or when I pass the Blue Haven on the bus and the 3 signal drops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just collected my 128gb black 7 from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

Just bought a 128gb sim free in combu b dundrum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Anybody get there hands on the plus today that bought direct from Apple?

Just got a text from Apple saying it has been delivered - they are quicker than the reception is at work to notify me :-)

Really like the option to update iOS before restoring a backup that's a higher iOS version. That used to be some pain to set up as new, update and then restore again.

Anybody get there hands on the plus today that bought direct from Apple?

I ordered at 8:20 last Friday and am still seeing "processing" and 3-7 October 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

tony1980 wrote: »
    Just walked in to Vodafone Portlaoise and picked up the 7 128GB, no queue or anything, nice and easy :-)

Was that a 7 or a plus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I ordered at 8:20 last Friday and am still seeing "processing" and 3-7 October 😞

Mine was originally 27-29 Sept showing 20-22 Sept hope to have it sooner.

guil wrote: »
    Really like the option to update iOS before restoring a backup that's a higher iOS version. That used to be some pain to set up as new, update and then restore again.

I didn't know they had changed that - yes that's a great improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Been locked out of Boards since yesterday evening due to server issues.

Anyway... just took delivery of my iPhone 7 - 32GB Black, ordered directly from Apple Ireland.

Screen protector arrived 5 minutes later, but I have to wait until Monday for my case.

Happy overall, I was worried it wouldn't arrive on time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Ours came today! 128GB Jet Blacks. First time buying via Apple on release day and I'm pleasantly surprised that it delivered today tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Anyone get delivery from Three yet?

Waiting for my black iPhone 7 plus 128GB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

So the Meteor Debacle continues unabated- people received their iPhones early, blabbed on social media, so Meteor recalled all the iPhones and didnt seem to give any notification to resend them! So it will be Monday or Tuesday before my phone is delivered, and a further delay to get to me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

RobertKK wrote: »
    Anyone get delivery from Three yet?

Waiting for my black iPhone 7 plus 128GB...

Nah, there's a thread about it in Talk To Three. Number of us who pre-ordered early on Friday haven't gotten them and they're still being processed.

Anyone else's whole phone vibrating when music is playing at the highest volume. It's not vibrating as such but you can feel the sound of you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Have the same date and order about 10 mins before you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Had ago on a jet black, it gets filthy very quickly, you'd spend your time cleaning it, a quick wipe on the trousers doesn't work. Opted for the black instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

shanec1928 wrote: »

7 plus?, I ordered a 7 plus and I have the same delivery date,

shanec1928 wrote: »

Hopefully we'll see some movement next week. Is your status still at processing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

This will be my first iPhone, and rather than getting a case and screen protector, I am going to take out AppleCare.
    IIRC, the cost will be €29 to fix a broken phone, so could I go without any further protection?

Advertisement