Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered through PM, has it been checked in on your account yet? Mine was delivered just before 9 and still nothing on my account.
    closcriobh wrote: »
    Nothing here either. Possibly something to do with the volume of iPhones there receiving today?

Parcel Motel won't update you until it reaches Dublin. They used to say when it was in Belfast but seem to have stopped doing that now.

You'll get a notification some time after lunch, up to about 7pm saying they have it in Dublin, and it will probably get to your motel very late tonight (11pm onwards).

That has been my experience the past 5 or 6 times I've used it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

awec wrote: »
    Parcel Motel won't update you until it reaches Dublin. They used to say when it was in Belfast but seem to have stopped doing that now.

You'll get a notification some time after lunch, up to about 7pm saying they have it in Dublin, and it will probably get to your motel very late tonight (11pm onwards).

That has been my experience the past 5 or 6 times I've used it.

You can still check manually online if there is a package in Belfast as far as I know, haven't used it an while though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Saw the very definition of parental love over lunch. A woman sat on a bench outside the Vodafone store in Wilton with her son, who looked around 3. She opened her brand new iPhone 7 (looked like a + model from little I saw of it) and immediately handed it to him to play with. I didn't hang around to watch, but I'm giving it 45 seconds max before he dropped it onto the tiled floor.

Well, either parental love or terminal stupidity.:)

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can still check manually online if there is a package in Belfast as far as I know, haven't used it an while though.

Nah they don't seem to scan them in Belfast at all any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I'm so angry at meteor right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

awec wrote: »
    Nah they don't seem to scan them in Belfast at all any more.

+1 I had a package arrive last night and it only appeared on the system just before lunchtime.

On the plus side, my case arrived this morning. I just hope the phone appears before I crack open a bottle of wine this evening.

Edit: Looking back at my PM history, stuff that arrived in the morning usually pops up between 2:30 and 4:00, so keep your eyes peeled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Kagawa wrote: »
    7 plus?, I ordered a 7 plus and I have the same delivery date,

7 plus matte black.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

MaceFace wrote: »
    This will be my first iPhone, and rather than getting a case and screen protector, I am going to take out AppleCare.
    IIRC, the cost will be €29 to fix a broken phone, so could I go without any further protection?
    It's only €29 for a broken screen. If there's anything else wrong it's €99.

The base cost has gone up to €149 now which I'm not happy about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Still waiting on Mr DHL. We get a fortnightly delivery via them and it's always around 9.30am, so was hoping the phone would be on the same route :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Went to Vodafone to pick up a 128 matte 7 and they didn't get any in. Only 32's "apparently". So just ordered it straight off the site and didn't have to deal with all the BS in the shop. Result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Dades wrote: »
    It's only €29 for a broken screen. If there's anything else wrong it's €99.

The base cost has gone up to €149 now which I'm not happy about.

Also I am not sure but I suspect to get the 29 euros fee for the screen you will need to bring it back to an Apple Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

So just ordered it straight off the site and didn't have to deal with all the BS in the shop. Result.

Good luck with that they haven't fulfilled pre orders & are ignoring all requests for updates on possible delivery dates. Their happy to take money but after that your on your own.

Also ignore the "ready for dispatch" status, that's the default status once payment has gone through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

DermoMIO wrote: »
    So just ordered it straight off the site and didn't have to deal with all the BS in the shop. Result.

Good luck with that they haven't fulfilled pre orders & are ignoring all requests for updates on possible delivery dates. Their happy to take money but after that your on your own.

Also ignore the "ready for dispatch" status, that's the default status once payment has gone through

Thanks for the heads up buddy. I have been watching the site. All 7's had gone from stock last night. Just before lunch Black 32s and 128s appeared back in stock. So that might give some idea. Either way, I don't mind a wait for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Anyone with a 7 plus matte black order from Apple.ie order move from 'Processing'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just checked there...

Preparing for Dispatch — Ships 6-8 business days
    Delivers 22 Sep - 26 Sep by Express Shipping

iPhone 7 Plus 256gb Black

YUSS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

My package ended up in the Dublin Blackrock depot instead of the Cork Blackrock depot! Monday morning I'll get the phone.

I'll get over it :)

Just checked there...

YUSS!

Lucky you, maybe should of went for the 258, I went for the 128,

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Anyone with a 7 plus matte black order from Apple.ie order move from 'Processing'?

Nope. Mine stick on that since last Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Just checked there...

YUSS!

Ditto, 7plus 128gb Black hope to have a it a day or two early. Just checked it again mines is

Preparing for Dispatch

Delivers 20 Sep - 22 Sep by Standard Shipping

Why standard and yours express?

CG did you order from the Irish site?

Ditto, 7plus 128gb Black hope to have a it a day or two early.

How do you manage to get the earlier delivery date? I've the same order and mine is 03-07th October,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

My phone just popped up on Parcel Motel. Fingers crossed it hits the locker tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ditto, 7plus 128gb Black hope to have a it a day or two early. Just checked it again mines is

Preparing for Dispatch

Delivers 20 Sep - 22 Sep by Standard Shipping

Why standard and yours express?

CG did you order from the Irish site?

Irish site yes.

One possible explanation for standard vs express, could be that yours is coming from UK/Germany whereas mine could be coming from China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

How do you manage to get the earlier delivery date? I've the same order and mine is 03-07th October,

Which site did you order off? I ordered at 08:04 on the UK site.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just a note for anyone who had Applecare and is getting a new phone... they won't transfer your Applecare policy over, but they will refund you pro-rata the premium you paid if you tell them you no longer want it on your old device.

I checked my status online and it turns out I have another year of Applecare (I think they must have given me 12 months extra when I got a replacement phone last month).

Someone still has to call me to confirm and get my bank details, but he's confident I'll get cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Originally Posted by Kagawa View Post
    Which site did you order off? I ordered at 08:04 on the UK site.

i didnt get into any site uk or irish till about 810
    ordered
    7plus 128gb black from uk site
    got Ships 2-3 weeks
    Delivers 4 Oct - 10 Oct by Standard Shipping

still hasnt changed since ordered !!boohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

My package ended up in the Dublin Blackrock depot instead of the Cork Blackrock depot! Monday morning I'll get the phone.

I'll get over it :)

It'll probably go to Blackrock, Co. Louth on Monday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

RedLegend wrote: »
    Nope. Mine stick on that since last Friday.

Same here on the Spanish store. I'm wearing out my screen refreshing the app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Dades wrote: »
    Just a note for anyone who had Applecare and is getting a new phone... they won't transfer your Applecare policy over, but they will refund you pro-rata the premium you paid if you tell them you no longer want it on your old device.

I checked my status online and it turns out I have another year of Applecare (I think they must have given me 12 months extra when I got a replacement phone last month).

Someone still has to call me to confirm and get my bank details, but he's confident I'll get cash back.

Yes Apple can cancel the contract and refund the time you have left (they did it for me when a phone covered by AppleCare was stolen).

Keep in mind though that having a few months of AppleCare coverage left can increase the resell value of the phone. I guess it depends how long there is left and how much money you can get back (in my case there is one month left so Apple would just give me something like 5 or 10 euros - and I am pretty sure having it is increasing the resell value of the phone by more than that, so clearly not worth the trouble).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ordered the 7 128gb Matt black from the UK Store. Status just updated to 'Preparing for Delivery' for delivery 20-22 Sept :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭XrayGolf

Thanks for the heads up buddy. I have been watching the site. All 7's had gone from stock last night. Just before lunch Black 32s and 128s appeared back in stock. So that might give some idea. Either way, I don't mind a wait for a few days.

Vodafone are advising it could take 30 days for preordered iPhone 7 to arrive (and they're being prioritised) so looks like it could be a bit long than a few days wait!

Advertisement