Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Coleman316 wrote: »
    No it arrived ahead of schedule. I think i ordered on a friday and i got it on monday. Amazon are excellent at delivering on time or even ahead of time. It'll tell you when you go look at the case. Im insured through ulster bank too but the case gives it better grip and i want it to remain scratchless for when i eventually sell it. The camera also sticks out at the back so putting a case on it helps it lay flat.

Deadly, thanks for the info, definitely looks like what Im looking for! Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Is Spigen liquid armo any good at protecting the phone, looks v flimsy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

It also looks like 9.99 delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

mansize wrote: »

Good for scratch resistance. The rugged armor is same price, slightly thicker but slightly better protection. For drop protection you need the slim or tough armor. Personally I would go Tech 21. Scratch and drop protection in slim package.

http://www.apple.com/ie/shop/product/HKGW2ZM/A/tech21-evo-mesh-case-for-iphone-7?fnode=99

I like my wallet cases. One arrived the good one lands Monday and another may come from China at some point lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

MaceFace wrote: »
    It also looks like 9.99 delivery

Just get it delivered through Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

mansize wrote: »

As said above it is perfect to protect against scratches. I doubt it offers much protection if you are dropping it from a height but Im more worried about the scratch side of things and keeping the phone slim and good looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I have always liked UAG cases as well. Not too thick and offer good drop protection. I think this will be my next case.

https://www.urbanarmorgear.com/collections/iphone-7-cases/products/monarch-case-for-iphone-7?variant=22342954500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Was told by local Vodafone shop that no stores received any 7 plus, they had loads of 7s though in all colours available to buy today which is a real kick in the teeth for anyone who pre-ordered a 7 and didn't get it today. Three shop next door was similar situation had loads of 7s no plus.

Looks like I'll be waiting some time for nearest Vodafone to get the 7plus in stock. Still rather wait than get a 7, disappointing that Apple couldn't meet production demands given its supposed to be Cooks specialty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Looks like I'll be waiting some time for nearest Vodafone to get the 7plus in stock. Still rather wait than get a 7, disappointing that Apple couldn't meet production demands given its supposed to be Cooks specialty.
    If they met demand there wouldn't be demand. It's all strategic.

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »

Yeah I get that but there does seem to be a pretty significant difference between whats available in the 7 and 7 plus, if they managed demand correctly there would be no stock of either. As it is there is any amount of 7s around but no 7 plus and that is a worldwide issue. When retailers as big as Best Buy are giving vouchers to customers there is a problem, thats not strategic.

Dades wrote: »

They don't want to lose sales either so I doubt it's crippingly restricted

One of the pulls of a luxury brand is exclusively

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

Was told by local Vodafone shop that no stores received any 7 plus, they had loads of 7s though in all colours available to buy today which is a real kick in the teeth for anyone who pre-ordered a 7 and didn't get it today. Three shop next door was similar situation had loads of 7s no plus.

I was in my local Vodafone store yesterday looking to buy the 7 plus and I was told it could be two weeks before they get it in stock.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Did anyone get a 7plus in Compub? Was looking for a 128GB.

Sold out now but curious about what their stock levels were, they seem to have only the 256GB left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm really surprised by the popularity of the Plus model. For me, the 4.7" iPhone is a little too big. I don't know how people manage the Plus, yet it seems to be the most popular model by far this year (maybe down to the dual camera).

I think if Apple does have the major redesign next year as rumoured, it would mean a much smaller device, but even looking at the S7 Edge, I still think 5.5" sized phones are a little bit too big to use.

A 5" iPhone without the bezel would probably be the sweet spot for next years iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I had a look at a jet black 7 in iConnect in newbridge yesterday. The amount of smudges on it was unreal and I'd say you would soon get sick of trying to keep it clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'm really surprised by the popularity of the Plus model. For me, the 4.7" iPhone is a little too big. I don't know how people manage the Plus, yet it seems to be the most popular model by far this year (maybe down to the dual camera).

I think if Apple does have the major redesign next year as rumoured, it would mean a much smaller device, but even looking at the S7 Edge, I still think 5.5" sized phones are a little bit too big to use.

A 5" iPhone without the bezel would probably be the sweet spot for next years iPhone.

Exactly on the same page here. The iPhone 6 (and now 7) is already sometimes too large for my trousers pocket or bit awkward to use with one hand. Not a chance I would consider anything larger.

But then I guess it depends on physically morphology, usage patterns and lifestyle. If I was always wearing loose trousers or carrying a bag, and mostly using the phone to watch video content, I would probably have a different point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Has anyone managed to reserve and collect a 7 in the Belfast store? As all stores are saying unavailable to collect

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

Just got myself a stop gap iphone 6(s) screen protector from power city and it pretty much fits without any problem. The ear piece is a millimetre lower than the middle of the cut out so it doesnt sit exactly centre and the sides of the cut out just cover the edges of the ear piece but your talking a millimetre if that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I use the 6 plus as I await the 7 plus.

I find it the right size, wouldn't dream of going for a smaller screen.
    Yeah a trousers with bigger pockets is preferable with it. I don't have a tablet so I use the plus as if it was one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I reckon they'll keep the screen sizes the same. I think they settled on 4.7 and 5.5 as future proof sizes that wouldn't need to be changed for a while.

I always found the 4.7-inch form factor too big as well and thought they should have gone for 4.5, but it makes sense if they knew they would be integrating the home button into the screen in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

I reckon they'll keep the screen sizes the same. I think they settled on 4.7 and 5.5 as future proof sizes that wouldn't need to be changed for a while.

I always found the 4.7-inch form factor too big as well and thought they should have gone for 4.5, but it makes sense if they knew they would be integrating the home button into the screen in a few years.

I agree on that
    Don't think they could reverse a 5.5 phone and force now their "maybe" top selling size Fone and tell peeps they have to settle for a smaller Fone

If they get rid of the bezal they could have a smaller Fone and still be 5.5

Or the same size Fone and be 6inch ..haha I would buy that

My liquid armour case arrived today in my parcel motel and... i ordered the wrong one :D its an iphone 7 case not the plus, don't know how I managed it. If anyone on here wants it PM me your address and I'll post it on to you Monday, its of no use to me. Its the black one if you're wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

My liquid armour case arrived today in my parcel motel and... i ordered the wrong one :D its an iphone 7 case not the plus, don't know how I managed it. If anyone on here wants it PM me your address and I'll post it on to you Monday, its of no use to me. Its the black one if you're wondering.

PM sent

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Popped into Compu B today. They only had 2 7's on display, a jet black and a silver. No plus model.

I could not believe how plasticy and cheap the jet black one felt! This is the new colour they made a big song and dance about? I expected a nice metal / glass-like finish. No way. It felt like a €50 Chinese android to me tbh.

The silver one looked and felt much the same as my own 6s.

First time a new iPhone has come out and I can't be bothered about it.

Heads up for anyone looking Harvey Norman apparently have some stock, they have a post on fb and just checked their website - also says they come with a 2 year apple warranty!

fifi28 wrote: »
    Heads up for anyone looking Harvey Norman apparently have some stock, they have a post on fb and just checked their website - also says they come with a 2 year apple warranty!

Only 7s though. Think the vast majority who haven't got what they wanted yet are waiting on the 7 Plus. I'd say it'll be three or four weeks before they come back into stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

The screen on my 7 vibrates a good bit when playing music through the speakers and using the phone to text or whatever at the same time. The sound is only up about a third of the way along the progress bar.

Does it happen to others too? Never happened on my 5s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Coleman316 wrote: »
    Just got myself a stop gap iphone 6(s) screen protector from power city and it pretty much fits without any problem. The ear piece is a millimetre lower than the middle of the cut out so it doesnt sit exactly centre and the sides of the cut out just cover the edges of the ear piece but your talking a millimetre if that.

Niiiice. Ive an Anker 6 Plus tempered glass screen protector for a 6 Plus I never bought :pac:

Advertisement