Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

brianomc wrote: »
    The screen on my 7 vibrates a good bit when playing music through the speakers and using the phone to text or whatever at the same time. The sound is only up about a third of the way along the progress bar.

Does it happen to others too? Never happened on my 5s

Yeah mine vibrates alot aswell, might be something to do with having the speaker up the top aswell? Its weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I love my new toy. iPhone 7 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

mansize wrote: »
    I love my new toy. iPhone 7 plus

You're one of the lucky few who managed to get a plus so. Did you move from an older plus model? I'm going to be switching from a galaxy s6 to a 7 plus and just wondering is the size an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

brianomc wrote: »
    The screen on my 7 vibrates a good bit when playing music through the speakers and using the phone to text or whatever at the same time. The sound is only up about a third of the way along the progress bar.

Does it happen to others too? Never happened on my 5s

Doesn't happen for me. Sound is pretty good from the speakers even up loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You're one of the lucky few who managed to get a plus so. Did you move from an older plus model? I'm going to be switching from a galaxy s6 to a 7 plus and just wondering is the size an issue?

I was looking at the 6 plus (same size as the 7 plus give or take?) in Compub in Blanch today. Unless you had it in a handbag or a manbag I don't how you keep it in your pocket, I think it's huge!

Also, they said they've none in stock They had a few yesterday and they're getting more in next week but they've no idea of what ones they'll be getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I was looking at the 6 plus (same size as the 7 plus give or take?) in Compub in Blanch today. Unless you had it in a handbag or a manbag I don't how you keep it in your pocket, I think it's huge!

Also, they said they've none in stock They had a few yesterday and they're getting more in next week but they've no idea of what ones they'll be getting.

My girlfriend has a 6 plus, it fits in nearly all the pockets I have including skinny jeans/chinos so I don't think pockets will be problem. Its one handed usage I'm concerned about.

On a side note, am I the only guy who has big pockets?!? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

lads need abit of help hope this is the right section .... told the missus id get her the newest iphone for her bday ( next month )

Never knew they were 2 models iphone 7 and iphone 7+ (shows my age)

she currently has the 6s, which would she be more inclined to go for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

pudzey101 wrote: »
    lads need abit of help hope this is the right section .... told the missus id get her the newest iphone for her bday ( next month )

Why not ask her? Its a lot of money to spend, you'd want to make sure she's happy with it. Some people prefer smaller phones and hate the idea of a 5.5' screen. Some are open to the idea of a larger screen with better battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

pudzey101 wrote: »

The 7 is the equivalent of the 6s. The Plus model basically has a larger screen (5.5") and some exclusive features (dual camera). Unless she prefers larger phones I'd say get her the standard 7. It might be easier to pick one up by her birthday too as some Plus models are sold out into November.

No, Went from 6s to 7 Plus.

I love it! Don't really find the size that hard to manage.

It was largely cos the biggest difference in the Hardware was in the Plus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Apple Store deliver estimate of the 20-22 of September for two iPhone 7's and the order is still marked as 'processing Order' :getlost:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

sdevine89 wrote: »
    Apple Store deliver estimate of the 20-22 of September for two iPhone 7's and the order is still marked as 'processing Order' :getlost:

Cant remember but im sure mine was processing until the day before delivery. So wouldn't worry about it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Has anyone ever bought an Iphone from Argos in Newry or Belfast? The Iphone 7 is there now and it says sim free. I would just be afraid it wouldn't work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Has anyone ever bought an Iphone from Argos in Newry or Belfast? The Iphone 7 is there now and it says sim free. I would just be afraid it wouldn't work here.

They have the same stock as the Apple Irish store and the UK store so there is no reason for it not to work. Even if you order of Irish store , it will come from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

had a good look at 7plus on display in vodafone store and glad I changed to S7 edge this year, looked very plastic-y and cheap in comparison to s7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

kefir32 wrote: »
    had a good look at 7plus on display in vodafone store and glad I changed to S7 edge this year, looked very plastic-y and cheap in comparison to s7.

How can a phone made of glass and aluminium look plastic-y?

Maybe cos it wasn't on fire??? 💁

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

There seems to be a big shortage of 7 plus models, I wonder will apple meet the estimated delivery dates that most have of the 03-07 October? Have they ever pushed out the delivery on the initial orders before?

FourFourFM wrote: »
    How can a phone made of glass and aluminium look plastic-y?

the glossy black finish iPhone.

the glossy black finish iPhone.

One of 5 possible colours.

So the "I'm glad I got an S7 because one finish, which I'm not obliged to opt for, looks plastic-y" attitude is surely nothing more than trolling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

One thing I am loving on this thing is the speed of touch ID combined with the raise to wake functionality (maybe Touch ID on the 6S was already that fast but the software was not optimised to take advantage). Just click very briefly on the home button and the phone is awake and unlocked!

Also works great with Apple Pay (tried it for the first time at Tesco earlier today, and it genuinely is the fastest way of paying I have on me, the time to process the transaction - including reading the fingerprint - was for some reason clearly faster than when I use my contactless card).

One of 5 possible colours.

So the "I'm glad I got an S7 because one finish, which I'm not obliged to opt for, looks plastic-y" attitude is surely nothing more than trolling?

ok itsa better phone (s7 edge) overall, don't get so touchy it's not the end of the world

ok itsa better phone (s7 edge) overall, don't get so touchy it's not the end of the world

Sure! It's on fire!

Sure! It's on fire!
    the note u mean

I'm not touchy at all. Just what you're saying makes no sense.

Better overall in your opinion. Which is fine. It's just your argument about the finish of one of the models is very comical.

I'm not touchy at all. Just what you're saying makes no sense.

Better overall in your opinion. Which is fine. It's just your argument about the finish of one of the models is very comical.

"comical" in your opinion. my observation was that particular finish looked cheap I didn't Base my overall opinion on a finish just an observation on that display model. I'm not gonna go into why I think one is better than the other.
    I'm drawing the ire of the diehard apple fan boys here. I used to be one :)))

I'm not gonna go into why I think one is better than the other.

Good.

Bye then?

Good.

Bye then?

you are unpleasant aren't you. get a life

the note u mean

What's with all the text speak? Keyboard not big enough on Note?

• Advertisement

What's with all the text speak? Keyboard not big enough on Note?

The note YOU mean.

Advertisement