Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I had a look at the new phones in the Apple Store in Belfast earlier...I think I'll try to hold off on this one for now. To be honest, neither of the black colours really did it for me - they're both a bit too black. I like the silver back on the 6/6S space grey models.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Bob24 wrote: »
    There seems to be a new functionality this year whereby the phone can download the latest iOS update before restoring a backup. It did that automatically for me and I remember another poster mentioned the same thing.

Yep I posted about it last Friday.

I must say I find the battery brilliant. Don't think I'm using it any less than usual but I took it off charge around 4am and have used it for 4.5 hours and still have 52% left. All of that usage was on 3/4G as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Has anybody seen an update yet on Plus orders with delivery 20-22? Still at processing here and no charge on my card yet

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Has anybody seen an update yet on Plus orders with delivery 20-22? Still at processing here and no charge on my card yet

Nope 😥 Still waiting and my dates are in Oct 6-12 Joke considered ordered straight away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

guil wrote: »
    I must say I find the battery brilliant. Don't think I'm using it any less than usual but I took it off charge around 4am and have used it for 4.5 hours and still have 52% left. All of that usage was on 3/4G as well.

A new battery is going to seem way better than the battery in a 1-2 year old iPhone. The older battery might only have half its original capacity.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

martin_g wrote: »
    Nope 😥 Still waiting and my dates are in Oct 6-12 Joke considered ordered straight away

no availability with any carrier either.

As soon as i went to order directly from Apple at 8:15 it was on 2-3 weeks dispatch, this, and the fact no carrier has the device, i think i might just wait till next year, this will be the first model phone i'll miss, and to be honest, for the first time ever, it doesn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

eeloe wrote: »
    Nope Still waiting and my dates are in Oct 6-12 Joke considered ordered straight away

no availability with any carrier either.

As soon as i went to order directly from Apple at 8:15 it was on 2-3 weeks dispatch, this, and the fact no carrier has the device, i think i might just wait till next year, this will be the first model phone i'll miss, and to be honest, for the first time ever, it doesn't bother me.

Carrier's have 32GB 7 models. I know for a fact Vodafone Blackrock have them and are expecting more tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

kceire wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered a tampered glass or film screen protector yet?
    I've used them over the years and I like the idea of having one on.

I went to order from eBay but when you click on the descriptions it says they are compatible with the 6 and 6S too which makes me believe they are jus selling on the older ones.

Has anyone got a link to one that is a definite fit?

I have one on my 7, it's a 6s protector and the cutouts are actually slightly off. Covers a tiny part of the edge of the earpiece and the cutouts are a little too low on this one.

If you can get one for the 7 do, but it's not that noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeah but let's be honest, 32gb is kinda whimpy in this day and age, sure it's greater than 16gb but not by much especially on the Plus. fun fact you'd fill a 32gb iPhone with 68 minutes of 4k footage :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I'm showing preparing for dispatch the last few days with delivery 20-22.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I'm showing preparing for dispatch the last few days with delivery 20-22.

Same here now. My credit card was charged and the status changed in the last 20 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Anyone with a black 7 plus 128 gb from Apple.ie with a delivery date of 3-7th October showing any signs of progress?

Kagawa wrote: »
    Anyone with a black 7 plus 128 gb from Apple.ie with a delivery date of 3-7th October showing any signs of progress?

No Kagawa no change )-: I am 6-12th Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Carrier's have 32GB 7 models. I know for a fact Vodafone Blackrock have them and are expecting more tomorrow.

Yeah no shortage of 7s I don't think, my local Vodafone and three shops have them in stock except for jet black. The plus situation is a bit of a shambles really. I see on Reddit they're periodically showing as in stock in America and can be ordered for collection but the carriers here don't seem to have any idea when they're getting them. The longer the lack of stock goes on the less interest I'll have in upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Nope, been on 3-7 October since 8:20 on preorder day

• Registered Users Posts: 38 T K

Finally had the money come off my card today and it's now preparing for dispatch - matte black iPhone 7 (not Plus) 128GB, ordered at about 9AM on the 9th. It's been a frustrating wait! Hoping it arrives soon. My old iPhone 4 is fit for the bin.

RedLegend wrote: »
    Nope, been on 3-7 October since 8:20 on preorder day

I ordered at 08:12 when apple site went live, it's a joke and I got the 06-12th Oct?? Makes sense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

I ordered at 08:12 when apple site went live, it's a joke and I got the 06-12th Oct?? Makes sense!!

Nothing seems to make sense regarding the way apple have dealt with the plus models preorders.

If you were to buy one today you get the same 2-3 week estimated dispatch??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

RedLegend wrote: »
    Nothing seems to make sense regarding the way apple have dealt with the plus models preorders.

If you were to buy one today you get the same 2-3 week estimated dispatch??

I think they must be expecting a decent amount of stock in that time, I see three are giving the same estimated dispatch time if you order now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Same here now. My credit card was charged and the status changed in the last 20 minutes or so.

Mine has been dispatched estimated delivery the 20th so should have it tomorrow night with parcel motel.

3 week wait for the plus leather cover is frustrating.

That makes no sense alright, i was in the states so I didn't order until 12:30 Irish time, and I got an earlier delivery date than you, Apple isn't really showing it appreciates its customers, I would of thought that if you buy direct then you would get it before the phone company customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

iPhone 7 Plus 256gb Black ordered 2 minutes after preorders went live on the Irish store has shipped.

Anyone know how quick DHL Express takes from UK to Dublin?

iPhone 7 Plus 256gb Black ordered 2 minutes after preorders went live on the Irish store has shipped.

Anyone know how quick DHL Express takes from UK to Dublin?

You'll have tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys what's the black version like (not the deep black)

Im in two minds, silver or black

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Headshot wrote: »
    Guys what's the black version like (not the deep black)

Im in two minds, silver or black

Black or Jet Black? Jet Black is the shiny one, the other is like a matte black.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DubDJ wrote: »
    Black or Jet Black? Jet Black is the shiny one, the other is like a matte black.

Ya the Matte black is what im looking at

Headshot wrote: »
    Ya the Matte black is what im looking at

Dunno about the matte black, but I saw the jet black in Compub and it was destroyed in finger prints, didn't look great with all the smudged finger prints.

• Advertisement

I have my 7 Matt black since Friday and no case on it. No fingerprints at all.

Advertisement