Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

kceire wrote: »
    I'll sell you my still sealed in box with receipt silver SE for €375. Save yourself another €125 :):)

Unlocked ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Unlocked ?

Should be as meteor sent the unlock request to Apple the other day, but I haven't opened it to connect to iTunes to carry out the unlOk.

Should be as meteor sent the unlock request to Apple the other day, but I haven't opened it to connect to iTunes to carry out the unlOk.

If Nass doesn't want it I'll take it for that price.

If Nass doesn't want it I'll take it for that price.

I've gotten 2 PM's about it.
    It's in my adverts ads if anyone wants to check it out and to confirm that it's a genuine sale from a genuine seller (selling 10 years on adverts).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Do Meteor allow phones to be unlocked right away?

• Advertisement

F34 wrote: »
    Do Meteor allow phones to be unlocked right away?

I'm a bill pay customer over 12 years with them.
    The conditions on their website state that you must have paid over €200 worth of bills, or 6 bills, whatever is greatest.

I requested 2 unlocked on 7th Sep so assume it will take 10 days max.
    Bill Pay customers
    You must have paid more than €200 worth of bills OR 6 bills in total
    Your account must not be in arrears or suspended by credit management
    - See more at: http://support.meteor.ie/article/unlock-phone#sthash.lKsYhhRo.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I'm a bill pay customer over 12 years with them.
    The conditions on their website state that you must have paid over €200 worth of bills, or 6 bills, whatever is greatest.

I requested 2 unlocked on 7th Sep so assume it will take 10 days max.
    does that not only apply to per contract term. Is the phone a upgrade and you signing a new contract

massy086 wrote: »
    does that not only apply to per contract term. Is the phone a upgrade and you signing a new contract

Not too sure tbh.

I sell my upgrades every 2 years.
    Then sell the phone I bought in Belfast, and the balance pays for my new phone direct from Apple.

Have been doing this for years. You can never tell if Meteor will alter the price plans for the iPhones, or adjust the prices, so this way I get to control what I spend.

I don't mind signing a new contract as i've no plans to leave Meteor in the short or long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Bob24 wrote: »
    If you prefer the iPhone 5 design and you are buying the phone as a stopgap until next year to have touch ID, the SE might be an option to consider.

I thought of that but I waited out 2 years hoping the design would be different on the 7 and then we got the same design so I honestly don't want to wait another year to be disapointed as the 8 might be much the same again. The bigger screen size, the speed, and improvements from my iphone 5 is worth the gripes I have with the design at this stage. Ive already ordered the spigen liquid armor black case to cover the manky antenna bands and the new matt black colour is nice compared to the disgusting space grey option of the iphone 6 in my opinion. I just hated everything about the iphone 6 series. Such an ugly design.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

maximum12 wrote: »
    Anyone estimate the market value of an 1phone 6 64GB in very good condition ? The Apple trade in program offers €255.

I'll give you €260..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

iam going to order through the UK store , black plus 128gb ,might even get it delivered over that same weekend by parcel motel ,

ordered 2 phones using this method...

on a side note ,
    dont see anyone talking about Ireland for the 1st time EVER been included in the 1st wave of releases

The whole Apple tax thing iam sure has nothing to do with that doh!!

or i never hear anyone say on TV / MEDIA
    there isn't even a Apple store in southern Ireland !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

cramp wrote: »
    iam going to order through the UK store , black plus 128gb ,might even get it delivered over that same weekend by parcel motel ,

ordered 2 phones using this method...

on a side note ,
    dont see anyone talking about Ireland for the 1st time EVER been included in the 1st wave of releases

The whole Apple tax thing iam sure has nothing to do with that doh!!

or i never hear anyone say on TV / MEDIA
    there isn't even a Apple store in southern Ireland !!!!

It's not the first time ever for Ireland being a tier one country we were for the first couple of iPhone releases as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I never remember us tier 1 before

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

mansize wrote: »
    I never remember us tier 1 before

you can be rest assured the apple accountants have us tier one well before anybody would have guessed we were ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

F34 wrote: »
    It's not the first time ever for Ireland being a tier one country we were for the first couple of iPhone releases as well.

The first one or two iPhones were never released in Ireland. Always been tier 2 since the iPhone 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

guil wrote: »
    The first one or two iPhones were never released in Ireland. Always been tier 2 since the iPhone 4
    The first iPhone was released in Ireland just a few months before the 3G was announced. It was March, if I remember correctly. Then the 3G was released around July. Any other release that I can remember was always a few weeks later than the US.

Correction: The 3G was apparently released in Ireland on the same date as the US. See http://www.apple.com/ie/pr/library/2008/06/09O2-and-Apple-to-Launch-iPhone-3G-in-the-UK-Ireland-on-July-11.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

carrotcake wrote: »
    The first iPhone was released in Ireland just a few months before the 3G was announced. It was March, if I remember correctly. Then the 3G was released around July. Any other release that I can remember was always a few weeks later than the US.
    Oh really? I always thought the 3GS was the first one released here. That's the first one I got, nearly sure I got it in Nov 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The 6s was just a week later than US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

guil wrote: »
    Oh really? I always thought the 3GS was the first one released here. That's the first one I got, nearly sure I got it in Nov 2009.

They were all released here but were exclusive to O2 until the iPhone 4 was launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

So it is 08.02 and still no preorders ... you are late Apple :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

your interfering with my refreshing man! :pac::pac:

Always the same. Wait till 8.10

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Open it up Apple its 8.05

It's like trying to book tickets and worrying they are all gone. Come on Apple let us order.

What one are your getting lads? I'm going for Matt black 128gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

its open on the app in the process of ordering and its saying delivery 26-28 september

Won't have until the 26th disappointed with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Going for 7 Plus 32G Matt Black

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

GSPfan wrote: »
    What one are your getting lads? I'm going for Matt black 128gb.

Matt black 7 plus, 32, via Belfast store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I actually don't understand how such large and rich company can't have an automated system which opens the sales exactly the time which was announced :-) Seems a bit silly to give ab accurate 08.01 time and keep people waiting ...

Advertisement