Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

My Apple.ie order now says 'your order is being processed' 7 plus 128Gb, does anyone else's say that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Mine is like that the since pre order

My Apple.ie order now says 'your order is being processed' 7 plus 128Gb, does anyone else's say that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Kagawa wrote: »

Mine changed to that same day I preordered

RedLegend wrote: »
    Mine changed to that same day I preordered

Thanks, I'm just going mad so, I thought it just said processing before,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got a 7 Plus on the iPhone upgrade program over here in Scotland. Barely touched it, will see how it performs over the next few days and how I get on coming from a 6S.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Just got the 7 up and running. I'm coming from the 6, there's simply no comparison. The speed is unreal! I'm pretty sure it's faster than my MacBook Air

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Just got the 7 up and running. I'm coming from the 6, there's simply no comparison. The speed is unreal! I'm pretty sure it's faster than my MacBook Air

:D

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/15/iphone-7-faster-than-macbook-air/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AgentArklight

Hi Guys.

Got my iPhone on the day of release from Apple directly.

Let me just state that I am the biggest Apple fanboy going. Have all the gear etc..

I'm going from an iPhone 6s 16GB to the iPhone 7 and have to say that it's basically the same phone. Obviously there are differences such as the new A10 chipset and haptic 'solid' home button and so on but it is essentially the same phone.

That being said, I am in love! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Same here (6 to 7) ... the speed boost is indeed very significant.

I think the much faster SSD flash storage (which the 6S already had) is having a massive impact on application load times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

If you are still wondering what case to get for your iPhone check out Unbox Therapy latest video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SIp1ZNEldo

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

neonman wrote: »
    If you are still wondering what case to get for your iPhone check out Unbox Therapy latest video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SIp1ZNEldo

Got myself the Apple silicone case. I absolutely love it.

HLjr4pA.jpg

Some of those UAG cases are fugly. I'd take the sparkly pink 2x military protection one over the UAG ones :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I upgraded from the 6 too.
    I wasn't expecting it to be such a difference but it's actually noticeably better. Only for the fact it's the same shell of a phone it feels like a totally new designed system if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Got myself the Apple silicone case. I absolutely love it.

HLjr4pA.jpg

Some of those UAG cases are fugly. I'd take the sparkly pink 2x military protection one over the UAG ones :pac:

That looks really nice ! Good grip ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Anyone looking to pick one up in Belfast they just updated their stock, 7 plus available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Anyone looking to pick one up in Belfast they just updated their stock, 7 plus available.

Thanks, they still don't have 128 7+ black, don't want 256 gb.
    Decisions decisions!

Well if you don't mind waiting check back again around the same time tomorrow and I'm sure they'll have a fresh batch. I had a look around uk and loads of black 7 Plus available and a surprising amount of jet black sevens, no plus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Well if you don't mind waiting check back again around the same time tomorrow and I'm sure they'll have a fresh batch. I had a look around uk and loads of black 7 Plus available and a surprising amount of jet black sevens, no plus though.

Will do, it is funny though they have in store stock now and people who ordered like me on 9th still order processing and due 4th- 10oct.

It's pretty poor from apple alright, preorders should be the priority and the carriers here are doing the same thing. I could walk down to my nearest Vodafone in the morning and walk out with a black seven but people who preordered have no idea when they are getting theirs, that's just wrong IMO. Considering supply chain is supposed to be Cooks speciality this launch has been pure chaos.

People who pre-ordered have no idea when they are getting theirs? How come? Every pre-order comes with an estimated delivery date. There is a difference between impatience and not knowing when they phone is coming.

The amount of people saying "mine is still processing" when the estimated delivery date is in October/November is strange. It will likely change to "preparing for dispatch" the day it ships which usually is the day before delivery.

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    People who pre-ordered have no idea when they are getting theirs? How come? Every pre-order comes with an estimated delivery date. There is a difference between impatience and not knowing when they phone is coming.

The amount of people saying "mine is still processing" when the estimated delivery date is in October/November is strange. It will likely change to "preparing for dispatch" the day it ships which usually is the day before delivery.

Sorry I was referring to pre orders through the carriers not appl but in any case apple should be delivering phones to those who preordered through them first and not to walk in or reserved customers.

Sorry I was referring to pre orders through the carriers not appl but in any case apple should be delivering phones to those who preordered through them first and not to walk in or reserved customers.

Apologies.

Point is still valid in regards to people getting annoyed their status didn't change.

Regarding the stock in stores. It's a tricky one. In terms of Apple stores, they order and collect ones seem to come available from 10pm and get picked up fast so it's not like people are able to walk in and buy a phone easily with online orders being neglected.

I don't think this is as bad as people are making it out to be. A lot of the models are still shipping in decent time (mostly the 7 models excluding JB).

Go back to the time of the 6. Ireland wasn't a launch country in the first wave, it got the phone a week later and by that time, shipping had slipped to 3-4 weeks for every model.

I do think the Plus models could have been managed better though in terms of supply but I imagine something cropped up in production or whatever.

To be fair I think that's because it's happening in the U.K. And USA that people are hoping it will happen here too. I think the change to tier 1 is part of the problem, it heightened expectations and unfortunately people have been disappointed.

The stock available for collection might be moving fast but it's now over an hour since they updated the stock levels and I could still pick up a plus all over UK and a seven even easier. That to me is wrong when there are people on here and MacRumours, Reddit and half the internet who preordered the 9th and haven't got theirs. And I didn't even preorder :)

I think they underestimated the demand for plus models and it's hard to blame them when the standard model had been outselling them in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Sorry chaps, multiquiting is a pain still :D

@FourFourFm that's insane! Although I'm not surprised the speed of anything loading is just crazy. I'm amazed.

@bob24, SSD is one corner of tech that I never keep up with.

@kceire, I get what you mean about feeling like a new system!

The screen! Why are Apple not screaming from the roof tops about it? It's a million miles from the 6. Skipping devices really lets you see the increase and jumps across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

Anyone any clue as to why I got a message on the 20th saying its shipped, but the DHL website says "No result found for your DHL query. Please try again." even this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

FourFourFM wrote: »

part of that issue is I ordered on launch date morning at 8.11 or what ever, I got a October 4-7 delivery date i can still go on to apple now and order and still have the same delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Cheers to who ever suggested the Spigen cases. I got one of these am I'm really happy with it. I thought it would've been one of those really soft pliable covers but there's a nice stiffness to it while still being flexible.

Cost me €9.77 from Amazon and then the PM cost on top of that.

Delighted that it got delivered at the same time as my phone because in spite of what others have said I find the naked phone way too slippy in my hand to not use a cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Still phones available in Belfast only 7 no plus models.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

If I have ordered from Apple website and I don't have the full money in my account at the time of dispatch, will Apple go over my overdraft and take the money anyway? Or just refuse and inform me the money was not in my account? I'm thinking of switching to the 256GB model, hence why the money may not be there.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

pinkstars wrote: »
    If I have ordered from Apple website and I don't have the full money in my account at the time of dispatch, will Apple go over my overdraft and take the money anyway? Or just refuse and inform me the money was not in my account? I'm thinking of switching to the 256GB model, hence why the money may not be there.

Many thanks

Apple cannot just "take" the money. If its not there, they cannot take it. If its above your overdraft, they cannot just take it. Your bank will refuse the release of funds.

Advertisement