Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

kceire wrote: »
    Apple cannot just "take" the money. If its not there, they cannot take it. If its above your overdraft, they cannot just take it. Your bank will refuse the release of funds.

That does not happen with my Vodafone direct debit. If the money isn't there it goes over my overdraft level so that's why I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

My bank has gone beyond my overdraft limit when it had preauthorised a transaction when the funds were available, but I get an additional OD charge on the account.

My bank has gone beyond my overdraft limit when it had preauthorised a transaction when the funds were available, but I get an additional OD charge on the account.

So you think I can go ahead and order then!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

portrait mode coming tomorrow to 7 plus owners if you sign up to 10.1 beta program

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/138914-iphone-7-plus-users-on-23-september-can-finally-try-portrait-camera-mode

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

neonman wrote: »
    That looks really nice ! Good grip ?
    grippier than no case, less grippy than the apple leather case and probably less grippy than most of those cases in the unbox therapy video. Looks 100 times better though which matters somewhat.

buying a phone with overdraft money is seriously silly. put food on the table first people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 T K

iSeano90 wrote: »
    Anyone any clue as to why I got a message on the 20th saying its shipped, but the DHL website says "No result found for your DHL query. Please try again." even this morning :(

I got the same message on the morning of the 20th and it took about 24 hours for the tracking number to start working. It arrived at 8:55 this morning. Maybe go on live chat on the Apple website if it's still not working?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

pinkstars wrote: »
    That does not happen with my Vodafone direct debit. If the money isn't there it goes over my overdraft level so that's why I asked.

sorry, if its pre-authorised then it may go through.

• Administrators Posts: 53,846 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

pinkstars wrote: »
    If I have ordered from Apple website and I don't have the full money in my account at the time of dispatch, will Apple go over my overdraft and take the money anyway? Or just refuse and inform me the money was not in my account? I'm thinking of switching to the 256GB model, hence why the money may not be there.

Many thanks

It depends on your bank.

Ok that's great, thanks for your replies.

Just wondering if I really should expect the 2-3 week date, or might the phone arrive sooner📱

Anyone???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jaysus give people a chance :P...

Apple generally under promise and over deliver. The estimate you received is accurate you will get your phone by that date, you may even get it one-two days earlier but I wouldn't bet money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Got it today, upgraded from a 5s...

Is it quicker to get the phone ordering from Apple directly or from Vodafone etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

neonman wrote: »
    If you are still wondering what case to get for your iPhone check out Unbox Therapy latest video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SIp1ZNEldo

Got myself the Apple silicone case. I absolutely love it.

HLjr4pA.jpg

Some of those UAG cases are fugly. I'd take the sparkly pink 2x military protection one over the UAG ones :pac:
    If its the same silicone they used on the 6s (different from the 6) then it's a load of crap and will start peeling after 2 or 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 T K

sdevine89 wrote: »
    Got it today, upgraded from a 5s...

I upgraded from a 4 - it's so different! Even Siri is brand new to me. She sounds a bit sad.

T K wrote: »
    Even Siri is brand new to me. She sounds a bit sad.

That just made me llol (literally laugh out loud!!!!). Brillaint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I upgraded from a 4 - it's so different! Even Siri is brand new to me. She sounds a bit sad.

She's not sad...just disappointed.

• Administrators Posts: 53,846 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Irish siri is terrible to be honest. Sounds depressed and very robotic, seems a bit half finished.

awec wrote: »

The Irish siri is terrible to be honest. Sounds depressed and very robotic, seems a bit half finished.

I cringed when I heard it and changed it back to American Siri.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

awec wrote: »
    M ire! They've even renamed her "Moira"

Why am I not allowed used a fada?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

She understands me better than the American or UK Siri. I love her for it!

I noticed that Siri is correcting her self. For example I asked her to call my brother last night and at first the text on screen was incorrect but quickly changed and then began to make the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I noticed that Siri is correcting her self. For example I asked her to call my brother last night and at first the text on screen was incorrect but quickly changed and then began to make the call.

I think it is first transcribing the words as it is hearing them in separation, and then applying some logic to correct the transcription to something which makes sense as a sentence.

Bob24 wrote: »

I think it is first transcribing the words as it is hearing them in separation, and then applying some logic to correct the transcription to something which makes sense as a sentence.

That makes sense. It works, I have to repeat myself a lot less often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Any of the phone shops or comuB shops selling covers and screen protectors yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭spoongibbon

Just got a dispatch notification text for my black 7 plus. The original delivery date was 4th-10th of October so they must be clearing the backlog now

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Just got a dispatch notification text for my black 7 plus. The original delivery date was 4th-10th of October so they must be clearing the backlog now

Did you order on the UK site or Irish site?

I have the same delivery date as yours, ordered on the UK site and ordered the same Black 7 plus 128G. Dont know why I bothered to log onto the apple site to check my order as I'm always disappointed to see the same estimated delivery data :-(

PADRAIC.M wrote: »

I was looking online and they have nothing. I have a friend checking Grafton St for me so I will let you know when he lets me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    just order off apple? order a tech21 case on release day and had it in 2 or 3 business days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Anyone recommend somewhere in Dublin city to get a screen protector fitted? I've always messed em up with bubbles

Advertisement