Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Just got a dispatch notification text for my black 7 plus. The original delivery date was 4th-10th of October so they must be clearing the backlog now

What's your delivery date? Where's it shipping from?

My dates were same so hopefully hear something soon.

Unless of course you're trolling all us 7 plus orderers!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

My dates 6 - 12 oct, no change for me )-: pain in the ass waiting LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭spoongibbon

The text message says it'll deliver by the 26th of Sept but the appstore hasn't updated anything? So I can't track it yet

neonman wrote: »
    Did you order on the UK site or Irish site?

I have the same delivery date as yours, ordered on the UK site and ordered the same Black 7 plus 128G. Dont know why I bothered to log onto the apple site to check my order as I'm always disappointed to see the same estimated delivery data :-(

I ordered from the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Any of the phone shops or comuB shops selling covers and screen protectors yet?

Got a cover from the phone cover stand in jervis on tuesday and the girl said they had just gotten screen protectors in aswell - I got a very minimalist cover but they did have bigger protection type

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Just got a dispatch notification text for my black 7 plus. The original delivery date was 4th-10th of October so they must be clearing the backlog now

How did you get text, did you give uk number or email you meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Danbo! wrote: »
    Anyone recommend somewhere in Dublin city to get a screen protector fitted? I've always messed em up with bubbles

They might do the same. Use the sticker provided to remove dust from the screen before applying and you shouldn't have bubbles.

deep1 wrote: »
    How did you get text, did you give uk number or email you meant?

No, I just gave my Irish number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

No, I just gave my Irish number

Well if you ordered from UK , there is no possible way you got a text to an Irish number. I got 5 iPhone 7 delivered to me from UK and not once I received a mobile text for shipping. And that too was on two different network operators so seems like this guy is just winding people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

dan786 wrote: »
    Well if you ordered from UK , there is no possible way you got a text to an Irish number. I got 5 iPhone 7 delivered to me from UK and not once I received a mobile text for shipping. And that too was on two different network operators so seems like this guy is just winding people up.

Yes and no previous posts to this forum.

• Advertisement

Oh please, I'm a grown up, stop with your nonsense.
    It may be that my Irish number is linked to my Apple Store account, as the text came through in the same imessage thread as my other orders from the Irish Apple store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Oh please, I'm a grown up, stop with your nonsense.
    It may be that my Irish number is linked to my Apple Store account, as the text came through in the same imessage thread as my other orders from the Irish Apple store.

A screenshot of the text would be nice, I have ordered over 40 phones from Apple over the last 3-4 years through UK and not once have received a text to an Irish number. And my numbers are also linked to my App Store account and with iMessage activated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Funny, and I don't mean this is in any way of a slag for anyone, reading the last few pages of this thread has made me realise how unnecessarily horny we get for a new phone. I'm not getting this year's phone because the 8 will be all singing and all dancing.

Now if only we could put this horniness to good use in other areas to do good in the world...

I'm definitely going to make the switch to a plus model next year. Seems Apple completely fudging the order expectation for Plus modes this year. Amazing how they can put a marketing spin on it and keep the investors happy!

A screenshot of the text would be nice, I have ordered over 40 phones from Apple over the last 3-4 years through UK and not once have received a text to an Irish number. And my numbers are also linked to my App Store account and with iMessage activated.

http://imgur.com/a/pgrmK

Let me know if that works, I never uploaded an image before.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Spook80

I've always received texts to my Irish number giving dispatch notifications when ordering from both Irish and UK stores.
    Here's hoping there's some movement soon and I don't have to wait till October 3rd after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Apple must be ramping up supply for the Accessories ordered Apple leather case on Tuesday with an estimated delivery time of 3 weeks. Case has been dispatched today.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

When do Apple charge your card? Getting sick of waiting for three but I can't afford to buy one straight out till the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

When do Apple charge your card? Getting sick of waiting for three but I can't afford to buy one straight out till the end of the month.

When it ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

When it ships.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone order recently from Apple.ie? Dispatched yet? There's a estimate of 2-3 weeks, so Im curious before ordering.

Ive given up on Three.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

American Siri lady ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

martin_g wrote: »
    No change for my order either still processing 2-3 weeks my ass! (iPhone 7 Plus 128 Gig Black)
    mine still also the same
    no movement
    same fone
    same dates

plus model seems to sticking to due dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

faceman wrote: »
    Funny, and I don't mean this is in any way of a slag for anyone, reading the last few pages of this thread has made me realise how unnecessarily horny we get for a new phone.

Yeah this thread is crazy :) enjoying it though.

Most shocked about the professional screen protector appliers :) Didn't realise people were making a living from this haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Most shocked about the professional screen protector appliers :) Didn't realise people were making a living from this haha

He did a professional job, cleaned the screen with the gel, then removed all small particals from the screen with compressed air, then apply the glass.

Looks great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

mansize wrote: »
    He did a professional job, cleaned the screen with the gel, then removed all small particals from the screen with compressed air, then apply the glass.

Looks great

Ah thats good man, hope you enjoy it, looks like a great phone from the reviews.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They have been around a few years now. I bought a case in the iPad for my 5 a few years back and they guy said he would put one on for €20!

I went straight home and bought one on adverts for €1. I treat them as consumables and replace them every few months or when they start getting in bits looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

kceire wrote: »
    They have been around a few years now. I bought a case in the iPad for my 5 a few years back and they guy said he would put one on for €20!

haha jesus christ!!!:D:D

"I also tie shoelaces for a tenner. Per foot."

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Castlebel

Hey guys just a heads up for anyone looking for a 7 Plus, They become available to buy on the Apple U.K. Site at 10pm each night for pick up in the Apple Belfast store the following morning. I paid for my black 32gb 7 Plus at 10 last night and travelled to Belfast this morning to collect it, they have the apple cases in stock for it too. On the train back now with it

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Anyone else's order move from from processing to preparing for shipment yet? Thats 2 weeks Apple LOL !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Castlebel wrote: »
    Hey guys just a heads up for anyone looking for a 7 Plus, They become available to buy on the Apple U.K. Site at 10pm each night for pick up in the Apple Belfast store the following morning. I paid for my black 32gb 7 Plus at 10 last night and travelled to Belfast this morning to collect it, they have the apple cases in stock for it too. On the train back now with it

or you can track from here : http://www.istocknow.com/live/

I did check last night but no 128GB +, BTW did you pay online or in store, ie if i pay online using revolut, do they want to see physical card in store ?

Advertisement