Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I ordered an iPhone7 black 128gb on apple.ie on sept 9th at noon, card got charges on 19th, dispatched email at 10am on 20th and in my hand by noon on 21st, my estimated delivery was always 23-26th. That should give a few asking an idea.

Ordered tempered glass screen protector from screenhero.ie yesterday at 3pm. Arrived this morning!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

mansize wrote: »
    American Siri lady ftw

I went back to Susan Bennett's voice as Irish Siri is awful.
    Plus Susan follows me on twitter so I better stay loyal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    I ordered an iPhone7 black 128gb on apple.ie on sept 9th at noon, card got charges on 19th, dispatched email at 10am on 20th and in my hand by noon on 21st, my estimated delivery was always 23-26th. That should give a few asking an idea.

Ordered tempered glass screen protector from screenhero.ie yesterday at 3pm. Arrived this morning!!!!

You must be a shill, that site is a rip off! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AndOneill9

Does anybody know anything about purchasing a 7 plus from the states, as in what provider to go with? I know the frequencies are different for different models. I read about the T-mobile been unlock to any network also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

AndOneill9 wrote: »
    Does anybody know anything about purchasing a 7 plus from the states, as in what provider to go with? I know the frequencies are different for different models. I read about the T-mobile been unlock to any network also.
    Think AT&T and T-Mobile are the GSM carriers in the US. The rest are CDMA which won't work outside of US/China.

• Advertisement

Think AT&T and T-Mobile are the GSM carriers in the US. The rest are CDMA which won't work outside of US/China.

Cheers man! Appreciate that. My bro is in the states next week so gonna try and get one from there. Trying to get one in stock will be the problem! Only $869 with tax prob about $910, a lot cheaper than here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

See the different models here: https://www.techwalls.com/iphone-7-plus-model-differences/

Basically if you want the exact same as the one sold in Europe (A1778) get it from AT&T, T-Mobile, or direct from Apple.

But from what I understand the other model (A1660) will work here as well as the only difference is that it supports additional bands for CDMA networks - but nothing is removed compared to A1778.

The other thing to consider is whether they are sim-locked and how easy it is to unlock them, and I am not sure about that.

If possible the safest route is definitely to buy it contract-free direct from Apple.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cheers man! Appreciate that. My bro is in the states next week so gonna try and get one from there. Trying to get one in stock will be the problem! Only $869 with tax prob about $910, a lot cheaper than here

Buy direct from Apple Store and get the unlocked version. I have bought a few in NYC over the years.

Only hassle is that warranty repairs have to be dealt with in person in the Apple Store in Belfast.

What state is your brother going to?
    NYC tax is 8.75% on top of rrp for example.

kceire wrote: »
    Buy direct from Apple Store and get the unlocked version. I have bought a few in NYC over the years.

Only hassle is that warranty repairs have to be dealt with in person in the Apple Store in Belfast.

What state is your brother going to?
    NYC tax is 8.75% on top of rrp for example.

Yea unfortunately they are not offering the unlocked version yet, only one with either of the 4 providers.. it says on the FAQ on Apple.com that most handsets come unlocked anyway so should be all good. He is in Chicago at the moment and Atlanta next week. None of which have any plus model stock at the moment! 😡

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yea unfortunately they are not offering the unlocked version yet, only one with either of the 4 providers.. it says on the FAQ on Apple.com that most handsets come unlocked anyway so should be all good. He is in Chicago at the moment and Atlanta next week. None of which have any plus model stock at the moment! 😡

As long as you are prepared to take that risk. Are you 100% sure that the network phones are unlocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Apple iPhone 7 now available in 20 more countries from today, yet they can't fulfill the orders they have! Classic!!! Delivery dates are going to grow so (Especially for new orders).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,485 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

martin_g wrote: »
    Apple iPhone 7 now available in 20 more countries from today, yet they can't fulfill the orders they have! Classic!!! Delivery dates are going to grow so (Especially for new orders).

Have you never heard of production scheduling? I'm sure that more phones are being made available as the productions are being ramped up.

Also forecasting is tricky too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

My 7 Plus just changed to Preparing for Dispatch - Was supposed to be delivered 4th-10th Oct, seems like will get it early.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

martin_g wrote: »

Didn't this used to happen a lot before we became Tier 1 in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

dan786 wrote: »
    My 7 Plus just changed to Preparing for Dispatch - Was supposed to be delivered 4th-10th Oct, seems like will get it early.

Just came on to say that I got a notification on my phone from my Revolut Card I've been charged for my iPhone, my order hasn't changed yet still Processing Items and delivery 4th of Oct...Hope it updates soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

neonman wrote: »
    Just came on to say that I got a notification on my phone from my Revolut Card I've been charged for my iPhone, my order hasn't changed yet still Processing Items and delivery 4th of Oct...Hope it updates soon.

+ 1 money taken from my Revoult card 30 mins ago, order still processing, i say should update soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

deep1 wrote: »
    + 1 money taken from my Revoult card 30 mins ago, order still processing, i say should update soon.

Preparing for dispatch!

Still 3-7 October presume this Will change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Used the lightening wired earphones- sound ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

RedLegend wrote: »
    Preparing for dispatch!

Still 3-7 October presume this Will change?
    Likewise. Ya I'd expect Tuesday or Wednesday we'll have them

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My one has changed as well

Processing Items
    What's This?
    Ships 2-3 weeks
    Delivers 14 Oct - 20 Oct

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »

When did you order?

What were ye charged on your revolut cards?

When did you order?

What were ye charged on your revolut cards?

It was my first time using revoult so was not sure if i have to have pound or can leave euro and it will changed automatically, anyway i exchanged euro to sterling on 9th sep and €972 for £ 819. 7 plus 128gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

My card was charged too, my order now says preparing for dispatch, 7 plus 128Gb

It was my first time using revoult so was not sure if i have to have pound or can leave euro and it will changed automatically, anyway i exchanged euro to sterling on 9th sep and €972 for £ 819. 7 plus 128gb.

Thanks, did you order on the first day it was available?

Thanks, did you order on the first day it was available?

Yes ordered on 9th sep, i just checked exchange rate in revolut and seem like €945 will get you £ 819 so nearly saving of €100!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gfog

Preparing for dispatch.... 7+128gb black. Ordered mid morning on 09/09.

Finally

Not sure Ireland was normally middle late Oct as far as I recall, so not too far off, I think apple are trying it to see how it goes.

Charged to my card but no update still processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I left it in Euro and allow them to do the exchange real time.

Got charged €943 (£819) for the iPhone 7 Plus 128G
    and charged €137 (£119) for AppleCare +

So saved a bit of cash. Just updated PM to cover the value of €1,000

• Advertisement

I left it in Euro and allow them to do the exchange real time.

Got charged €943 (£819) for the iPhone 7 Plus 128G
    and charged €137 (£119) for AppleCare +

So saved a bit of cash. Just updated PM to cover the value of €1,000

That's brilliant! Is your preparing for dispatch as you have increased liability, mine is still processing and planning for do when it change to dispatch!

Advertisement