Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

deep1 wrote: »
    That's brilliant! Is your preparing for dispatch as you have increased liability, mine is still processing and planning for do when it change to dispatch!

Spoke too soon, preparing for dispatch too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

neonman wrote: »
    I left it in Euro and allow them to do the exchange real time.

Got charged €943 (£819) for the iPhone 7 Plus 128G
    and charged €137 (£119) for AppleCare +

So saved a bit of cash. Just updated PM to cover the value of €1,000

Jaysus, that's great! Very interested in using mine and getting the 7 Plus 128GB now instead of the 32GB.

Can I ask how you added money to your revolut card did you load funds by bank transfer or bank card? Im not sure what you mean by allow them to do the exchange real time?

Also, did you use ParcelMotel or Wizard?

Thanks for the help!

Jaysus, that's great! Very interested in using mine and getting the 7 Plus 128GB now instead of the 32GB.

Can I ask how you added money to your revolut card did you load funds by bank transfer or bank card? Im not sure what you mean by allow them to do the exchange real time?

Also, did you use ParcelMotel or Wizard?

Thanks for the help!

I can answer how i did, added from my bank account, just need debit card details, it will transfer in euro!

You have 2 options!
    1. Let the currency in euro and it change in real time when apple take the money, but it might go up!
    2. Exchange the money now as rate is down and have sterling in your revoult account so you are not worried what exchange rate you gonna get.

Most people using parcel motel and increasing cover when it prepare for dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I was the same I said from the start I would just get the 32G but just before buying it on the 9th I changed my mind thinking later on down the line I would be kicking myself for not going with the 128G, so happy I did now.

So when you get your revolut card you link it with your current account card. You then just select the topup option from the app, input the amount you want to topup by and it is done straight away. I've mine verified i think i used a drivers licence at the time. Its all done via the app even sign up. If its not verified I think but not 100% you might be limited to the amount you can topup by.

I was able to transfer 1,200 euro into it in one go which was great.

Revolut give you the best exchange rate at the time of purchase. In the app you can see the exchange rate changing all the time.

Go onto www.revolut.com to get a run down on how it works.

Happy shopping !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guys, 10.0.2 update is available for anyone that wants to update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

My notes app has been crashing since iOS10. updating now, hope it fixes it,

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Finally got my preparing for dispatch

Black 128gb plus
    Original expected date
    Delivers 4 Oct - 10 Oct
    Ordered at 810am on day of releas from AppleU.K.
    Mom / tues I hope

Better bump my insurance on pm

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Delivery date hasn't changed. Still 3-7 Oct but preparing for dispatch. On the same day Apple releases to 20 more regions? Suspicious.....

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Any one else's order update from processing to dispatch yet? They took money yesterday but hasn't updated yet, probably be Monday before anything else changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Mine is preparing to dispatch it change to that about half an hour after they took the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Spook80

Mines moved to preparing for dispatch too at about 8pm yesterday.
    Money still hasn't gone but I think that may be just BOI 365 and doesn't show over weekend on mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Black 256gb 7 Plus are available to pickup in Belfast today.

My order has just changed back to processing items :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

got notification from dhl yesterday to expect apple store delivery, but tracking search has put it back to Monday.

7, jet black, 128

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Used the 7 Plus the last few days now. Battery is unreal! Down to about 50% after a solid full day of usage. Love it, it is a bit big in my pocket and the stupid headphone convertor is definitely going to break but I'm a happy chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Spook80 wrote: »
    My order has just changed back to processing items :confused:

Mine too, what the hell is that about??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

And now dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Just got a dispatch notification for my 7 Plus. Estimated was 4th-10th Oct should have it this Monday or Tuesday

dan786 wrote: »
    Just got a dispatch notification for my 7 Plus. Estimated was 4th-10th Oct should have it this Nonday or Tuesday

Who did you order from?

Kagawa wrote: »
    Who did you order from?

Apple UK

• Advertisement

Apple UK

I'm thinking I should of ordered from them too now, Apple.ie seem to be taking longer

Mine too, what the hell is that about??

I ordered off apple.ie too. Hopefully it's still good news the fact it changed and maybe something will happen soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I'm thinking I should of ordered from them too now, Apple.ie seem to be taking longer
    Mine was from apple.ie

Just got a dispatch notification for my 7 Plus. Estimated was 4th-10th Oct should have it this Monday or Tuesday

Same here dispatched mine too, estimate still show 4th oct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Used the 7 Plus the last few days now. Battery is unreal! Down to about 50% after a solid full day of usage. Love it, it is a bit big in my pocket and the stupid headphone convertor is definitely going to break but I'm a happy chap.

What's your usage stats like? On this charge Im showing 9hrs usage and the 26hrs 20mins stand by and I'm down to 15%.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Mine was from apple.ie

Wonder what's going on so???

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tonylee

Got dispatch notification for my 7 Plus. Ordered on launch day (morning) from Apple.ie . Showing estimated delivery date as October 3 but expect that to change to early next week? (unless its coming straight from China!) Tracking using the DHL Express number throws up error message at the moment so probably not in system yet? Wonder where is it being shipped from? UK?

tonylee wrote: »
    Got dispatch notification for my 7 Plus. Ordered on launch day (morning) from Apple.ie . Showing estimated delivery date as October 3 but expect that to change to early next week? (unless its coming straight from China!) Tracking using the DHL Express number throws up error message at the moment so probably not in system yet? Wonder where is it being shipped from? UK?

I have received three phones from Apple over last 2 weeks and all were through UK Mail but my 7 Plus has tracking from UPS.

tonylee wrote: »

I think they are coming straight from china, mine is UPS standard shipping which might be from UK but still shows Est 4th oct, i hope we both will receive lot earlier and once the scan is available it should give us some estimates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tonylee

deep1 wrote: »
    I think they are coming straight from china, mine is UPS standard shipping which might be from UK but still shows Est 4th oct, i hope we both will receive lot earlier and once the scan is available it should give us some estimates!

hope so!

Advertisement