Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Mines just gone back to processing items!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gfog

Shipped. Finally. Still says Oct 3rd delivery.

Tracking info hasn't updated yet.

7+ 128gb black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

RedLegend wrote: »
    Mines just gone back to processing items!!!!

Has the payment gone through? reading on MacRumors seems like it went back to processing once there was problem with payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Anyone who ordered an iPhone 7 plus from Apple Ireland with estimated delivery of 3rd-7th of October get any update? Did it change from processing?
    Thanks

nokia211 wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered an iPhone 7 plus from Apple Ireland with estimated delivery of 3rd-7th of October get any update? Did it change from processing?
    Thanks

Mine was 3-7th processing, until late night. Got shipping text today. 7+ 128gb black

• Advertisement

deep1 wrote: »
    Has the payment gone through? reading on MacRumors seems like it went back to processing once there was problem with payment.

Just off the phone to Apple retail. Nothing a wry with payment.

"Repeated change of order status is quite common when we're dealing with such a large amount of orders".

What's the pint in order status then?

tonylee wrote: »
    hope so!

Yep they are coming from China, mine just showed Origin scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Just off the phone to Apple retail. Nothing a wry with payment.

"Repeated change of order status is quite common when we're dealing with such a large amount of orders".

What's the pint in order status then?

Does repeated mean going from preparing for dispatch to back to processing?

Kagawa wrote: »
    Does repeated mean going from preparing for dispatch to back to processing?

Yes the lad I was talking to (cork bloke actually) said it can go back and forth!! And my current estimated delivery date was still accurate!! 3-7 October.

Yes the lad I was talking to (cork bloke actually) said it can go back and forth!! And my current estimated delivery date was still accurate!! 3-7 October.

Ok thanks, they have taken the money from my account anyway so I assume they'll be doing something soon,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Anyone been successful in getting a date from Vodafone as to when their getting the 7+ back in stock? I've tried a few places and some are quoting November before either can get one.... but want me to sign up to contract now while I wait.

I don't want to sign up and be left waiting months for the phone to come into stock.

BTW. I'm looking for matt black 128gb 7+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Anyone been successful in getting a date from Vodafone as to when their getting the 7+ back in stock? I've tried a few places and some are quoting November before either can get one.... but want me to sign up to contract now while I wait.

I don't want to sign up and be left waiting months for the phone to come into stock.

I'm in a similar situation but I've pretty much given up on them getting stock anytime soon and will probably go with meteor who are getting stock regularly. Asked in two stores and on twitter and they won't say or don't know. If they would just say we'll have them on such a date I wouldn't mind but they won't give any indication which doesn't fill me with confidence.

Three are the same so if you want one soon then meteor is your only option. Unless you want to take a chance on apple delivering ahead of schedule. The lack of information is extremely frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Picked up an iPhone 7 128GB black in Manchester Apple Store over the weekend.

Home button takes getting used to for sure but I quite like it.

Coming from a 6s, the performance bump is still noticed in general usage and the added battery life is key for me.

Haven't had a chance to put the camera to test yet but the photos I get from the 6s are already very good so I will be happy with the improvements there I'm sure.

Won't be using a case or screen protector on this beauty for day to day usage but will be buying the Apple smart battery case at some stage soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

I'm thinking of ordering tonight for pickup in Belfast tomorrow but I'm unsure of what I need to do. In the Apple Store app I've selected my country as U.K. so I get the choice of picking up from Belfast when it's available. There are currently none available but hoping that will change tonight, in anticipation I'm trying to setup my revolut card and it is looking for a uk address, is there anyway around this?

Does any here run much with a 7plus? I'm coming from a 6s which I love but I'm tempted to go for th 7plus this time around for th bigger screen and better camera. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

No word yet. I've signed up with my email to be notified when they're back in stock on Vodafones website. It's crazy to think you have to wait 2 months to get into contract with a phone 2 months after release. The note 7 is no different with the whole recall debacle delaying people buying or even using their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AndOneill9

digiman wrote: »
    I'm thinking of ordering tonight for pickup in Belfast tomorrow but I'm unsure of what I need to do. In the Apple Store app I've selected my country as U.K. so I get the choice of picking up from Belfast when it's available. There are currently none available but hoping that will change tonight, in anticipation I'm trying to setup my revolut card and it is looking for a uk address, is there anyway around this?

Does any here run much with a 7plus? I'm coming from a 6s which I love but I'm tempted to go for th 7plus this time around for th bigger screen and better camera. Any advice?

Any luck getting one in Belfast? No plus models in stock when I checked last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Lads,

Is your DHL express tracking number updated on their system yet? Mine is still not found?

I would have thought that I would see something by now.

Neon

neonman wrote: »
    Lads,

Is your DHL express tracking number updated on their system yet? Mine is still not found?

Neon
    Same here, strange, I assume they will update eventually. I wonder where they are coming from, if I got the text/email on Saturday morning if they will be here this week. Apple's expectation still says 3rd - 7th Oct.

Lucky you guys. Mine still at processing after being at "preparing for dispatch" on Friday!

Lads,

Neon

UPS is active since sat and still sitting in China, estimate to be here by wednesday.

• Advertisement

Lucky you guys. Mine still at processing after being at "preparing for dispatch" on Friday!

Me too, joke

Kagawa wrote: »
    Me too, joke

It is a bit of a shambles isn't it?! Let me know if anything changes your side and I'll do likewise.

Hopefully we are in the next batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Lads,

Neon
    found mine via this used the second dhl option and got bellow

http://imgur.com/csPGqsM

shanec1928 wrote: »

Thank you !

That worked for me also. Saying it has been recovered from Amsterdam as of 12:02 today.

Recovered Amsterdam Mon, Sep 26, 2016 12:02

shanec1928 wrote: »

Thank you !

That worked for me also. Saying it has been recovered from Amsterdam as of 12:02 today.

Recovered Amsterdam Mon, Sep 26, 2016 12:02
    Likewise, what does that mean though?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Don't recall supplies being this bad for other launches...

Whilst Ireland has been in the 2nd release up to now, and supply here has been poor in the past, this is a global shortage but i did read on line there was problems with the shipping company...

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/16/09/23/wide-iphone-7-availability-expected-at-apple-retail-by-oct-8-international-freight-logjam-to-blame

gfog wrote: »
    Likewise, what does that mean though?

I'm guessing that it arrived in Amsterdam and has been collected/scanned by the local DHL there? But yes what does it mean as it isn't very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Fed up waiting at this stage, ordered at 08:10 on 09th Sept and still Processing.. Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

I'm guessing that it arrived in Amsterdam and has been collected/scanned by the local DHL there? But yes what does it mean as it isn't very clear.
    I guess the next step will be Amsterdam -> UK (if you are going for Parcel Motel).

The delays are partially caused by Hanjin going bust (the link above) and apparently in the short term shipping charges may go up due to shortages (especially Asia->US and Asia->Europe)

Waiting on mine as well now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

deep1 wrote: »
    I can answer how i did, added from my bank account, just need debit card details, it will transfer in euro!

You have 2 options!
    1. Let the currency in euro and it change in real time when apple take the money, but it might go up!
    2. Exchange the money now as rate is down and have sterling in your revoult account so you are not worried what exchange rate you gonna get.

Most people using parcel motel and increasing cover when it prepare for dispatch.
    I was the same I said from the start I would just get the 32G but just before buying it on the 9th I changed my mind thinking later on down the line I would be kicking myself for not going with the 128G, so happy I did now.

So when you get your revolut card you link it with your current account card. You then just select the topup option from the app, input the amount you want to topup by and it is done straight away. I've mine verified i think i used a drivers licence at the time. Its all done via the app even sign up. If its not verified I think but not 100% you might be limited to the amount you can topup by.

I was able to transfer 1,200 euro into it in one go which was great.

Revolut give you the best exchange rate at the time of purchase. In the app you can see the exchange rate changing all the time.

Go onto www.revolut.com to get a run down on how it works.

Happy shopping !

Thanks lads, greatly appreciated!

I think Ill top up by debit card, transfer into GBP and then buy.

Anyone here use ParcelMotel Protect (insurance)??
    I looked at the ParcelMotel Protect (insurance) and it says you get it for 14 days. Do people buy it when they place their order or when they find out their order is shipped?

Advertisement