Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Is anyone ph stuck on "Clearance in progress ". There is no scan anywhere else other than location scan on saturday. So no idea when i will be getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Gwildor wrote: »
    Slightly more trivial, but did anyone manage to get one of the apple leather cases? I ordered one for the 7 on the 25th but it won't be delivered until the 7th-11th October. Must be a shortage of everything!

Mine should be delivered today after a mix up with UPS. It's was originally set for 6th-10th Oct but it's been delivered early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

Ordered 256GB 7+ Black on the 13 September, apple.ie saying delivers 5-10 Oct. Its been like that since it was ordered so hopefully the end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tonylee

shanec1928 wrote: »
    on to apple support and they have said its a bulk tracking code

any further news on this? Mine part of that DHL bulk code as well. Just checked now and last entry is Amsterdam cleared customs at 12.32 yesterday. Must have have been some further movement yesterday? Thought it would be in Ireland by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gfog

tonylee wrote: »
    on to apple support and they have said its a bulk tracking code

any further news on this? Mine part of that DHL bulk code as well. Just checked now and last entry is Amsterdam cleared customs at 12.32 yesterday. Must have have been some further movement yesterday? Thought it would be in Ireland by now?

Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

She said it was to leave in the next few days but that's all she could tell me

She said it was to leave in the next few days but that's all she could tell me

thanks. Might arrive tomorrow then. Hope they update that tracking number soon.

Mine just updated to Out for Delivery. I have no idea if this is in Ireland though as it still references Amsterdam. and no update to a local tracking ID.

"
    Out for Delivery Tue, Sep 27, 2016 12:25"

Mine now changed to "Preparing handover to final carrier". Tracking number still not active.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

If you have a Volkswagen you may have bluetooth problems with the 7, i keep having to connect it manualy sometimes which is a pain. I can't help feeling ( I don't know why) the 7 is a cheaper built 6s ( innards anyway), the 6s is a hard bet phone ( in an iPhone anyway) :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Micky 32 wrote: »
    If you have a Volkswagen you may have bluetooth problems with the 7, i keep having to connect it manualy sometimes which is a pain. I can't help feeling ( I don't know why) the 7 is a cheaper built 6s ( innards anyway), the 6s is a hard bet phone ( in an iPhone anyway) :-/

I has issues with bluetooth too, I have an Audi (and sure that's basically a VW :D). I reset my bluetooth in the car and it connected no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Reset as in disconnect and reconnect the phone ?

I believe if you clear your old phone's connection (there should be an option to delete or remove) from your car and reconnect your new one from scratch it should fix the problem.

I think it stems from restoring your new phone from the old one, seems to confuse most cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Finally Dispatched. When does the DHL tracking number become active?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahh bluetooth, the standard that's always getting better....

next year.

I believe the tracking number on the DHL website we are seeing is for the actual batch of iPhones coming from China.
    Mine is now showing as delivered, which I am guessing is actually to another DHL office who will then split them down to forwarding to the individual customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Reset as in disconnect and reconnect the phone ?

Clear the car's bluetooth memory. Once I did that my phone connected without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

gfog wrote: »
    I believe the tracking number on the DHL website we are seeing is for the actual batch of iPhones coming from China.
    Mine is now showing as delivered, which I am guessing is actually to another DHL office who will then split them down to forwarding to the individual customers.
    I said that a few posts up.. just got a text from dhl saying delivery tomorrow with individual tacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

traco wrote: »
    Ordered 256GB 7+ Black on the 13 September, apple.ie saying delivers 5-10 Oct. Its been like that since it was ordered so hopefully the end of next week.

Status just changed on mine - no details but the option to cancel it is gone so it must have started processing.

As an aside the other phones on this order:
    Jet Black 256GB 7+ is still showing november delivery
    Jet Black 128GB 7 is still showing 12-25 Oct delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Ehh I know there is to nice to be real. Just got phone call from vf "phone is not warehouse " yesterday when they was upgrading my contract all was good and phone in stock, today is not and I have to wait, no one know how long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

my order from the UK apple store has just shipped, its currently in china :D

looking at 3 days for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Craftylee wrote: »
    my order from the UK apple store has just shipped, its currently in china :D

looking at 3 days for delivery

When did you order? iPhone 7 or the 7 Plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I just got a dispatch notification for a 7+ 128gb. Ordered on the UK site and its being shipped from China with UPS. I ordered it on launch day fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I just got a dispatch notification for a 7+ 128gb. Ordered on the UK site and its being shipped from China with UPS. I ordered it on launch day fwiw

Is there an estimated delivery date?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Is there an estimated delivery date?

30/9

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My sister has an 11 CC, I just deleted her iPhone 6 from the screens display, then paired her 7 and its been working perfect since, including music streaming to the radio.

I have an old ML jeep with a Parrot kit, and again, I just deleted my old phone from the parrot and connected the 7, no issues since, and them for my GF's BMW, although she has the iDrive built in to that car so that's factory Bluetooth, but again, no issue whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Spook80

My black 128 7+ is now dispatched, got text from Apple before lunch.
    Still estimates 4th October with DHL express though.
    Anyone know whether this is still accurate or a chance of earlier?

Spook80 wrote: »
    My black 128 7+ is now dispatched, got text from Apple before lunch.
    Still estimates 4th October with DHL express though.
    Anyone know whether this is still accurate or a chance of earlier?

I would say you will only get day earlier, 3rd Monday, mine is dispatched since sat and still not here, hopefully tomorrow!
    Looks like it takes 4 working day!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

On the apple site mine has updated to out for delivery to customer with today's date for delivery? I guess that is to PM in the north so I might get it by tomorrow?

7 Plus 128G

• Advertisement

neonman wrote: »
    On the apple site mine has updated to out for delivery to customer with today's date for delivery? I guess that is to PM in the north so I might get it by tomorrow?

7 Plus 128G

Let us know if it shows up in PM tonight, mine is showing in transit and shipment tomorrow.

Advertisement