Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

deep1 wrote: »
    Let us know if it shows up in PM tonight, mine is showing in transit and shipment tomorrow.

Cut and paste from my order

Status In Transit to Customer- Shipment on Schedule 27 September 2016

Est. Delivery 27 September 2016

So I can only guess that it will get to PM this evening?

I'll update you deep1 if anything changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

getting mine tomorrow yehow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

When's Apple News coming to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone here get ParcelMotel Protect (Insurance), did you get an email immediately after purchasing it? What did it say?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Got my 7 plus off Meteor today. Will take a while to get used to the black as my 5 and 6 were white but I'm liking it so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Anyone here get ParcelMotel Protect (Insurance), did you get an email immediately after purchasing it? What did it say?

Thanks in advance

I don't remember getting any mail, it just shows on homepage about increase liability insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I don't remember getting any mail, it just shows on homepage about increase liability insurance.

Thanks deep1! To the rescue again!

Thanks deep1! To the rescue again!

:) Always happy to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

My UPS tracker is saying that the phone is likely to be delivered this Friday, it was dispatched this morning, is that likely?

I would need to change the delivery address if it is as there is nobody home on Friday,

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Kagawa wrote: »
    My UPS tracker is saying that the phone is likely to be delivered this Friday, it was dispatched this morning, is that likely?

I would need to change the delivery address if it is as there is nobody home on Friday,

thanks

If they say Friday, it's 99% going to be Friday.

They must attempt delivery once before you can reschedule for a new address.

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    If they say Friday, it's 99% going to be Friday.

They must attempt delivery once before you can reschedule for a new address.

There is an option on the UPS page to 'change delivery', can I not change the address here, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Kagawa wrote: »
    There is an option on the UPS page to 'change delivery', can I not change the address here, no?

I really doubt it. You can call them tomorrow but I'd be fairly sure they can only attempt delivery to the original address first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

gfog wrote: »
    I believe if you clear your old phone's connection (there should be an option to delete or remove) from your car and reconnect your new one from scratch it should fix the problem.

I think it stems from restoring your new phone from the old one, seems to confuse most cars.

unfortunately didn't work for me :confused:

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I really doubt it. You can call them tomorrow but I'd be fairly sure they can only attempt delivery to the original address first.

No, you are right, I just tried,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Anyone else notice the iphone 7 not very smooth, stuttery when scrolling through messages, web etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the iphone 7 not very smooth, stuttery when scrolling through messages, web etc?
    Not at all, I've been using the 7 over a week now and haven't really noticed any lag whatsoever. Can't really say I've used messages much but I haven't noticed any lag with Safari and I use that quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

DubDJ wrote: »
    Micky 32 wrote: »
    Not at all, I've been using the 7 over a week now and haven't really noticed any lag whatsoever. Can't really say I've used messages much but I haven't noticed any lag with Safari and I use that quite a bit.

Same here, haven't noticed any lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Over in the US at the moment. Anyone seen anything on US vs UK/Ire version yet? Aside from warranty issue, any reason (i.e. GSM vs CMDA vs XYZ) that buying a US one for use on Voda / Three in Ireland would be a bad idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

jonny_b wrote: »
    Got my 7 plus off Meteor today. Will take a while to get used to the black as my 5 and 6 were white but I'm liking it so far

Hey jonny, when did you order? Still waiting on mine, ordered on launch day.

Has any other meteor customers got their 7 plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

akadesign wrote: »

Hey jonny, when did you order? Still waiting on mine, ordered on launch day.

Has any other meteor customers got their 7 plus?

Off Meteor???? I ordered last Friday night and was delivered yesterday....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Let us know if it shows up in PM tonight, mine is showing in transit and shipment tomorrow.

Apple order updated "In transit to destination country"

From where I don't know as the bulk tracking number isn't really giving updated information.

Off Meteor???? I ordered last Friday night and was delivered yesterday....

Really, that's interesting. I've been waiting for weeks now and getting fobbed off with there on the way. Frustrating.

Did the colour happen be black by any chance.

Maybe I'll just cancel it.

neonman wrote: »
    Apple order updated "In transit to destination country"

From where I don't know as the bulk tracking number isn't really giving updated information.

This was my status yesterday and it is out for delivery today, might be same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AndOneill9

elgriff wrote: »
    Over in the US at the moment. Anyone seen anything on US vs UK/Ire version yet? Aside from warranty issue, any reason (i.e. GSM vs CMDA vs XYZ) that buying a US one for use on Voda / Three in Ireland would be a bad idea?

I don't think any issues with phones working here. I'm trying to get one from the states also. It comes unlocked if you pay full price for the phone. Even tho it comes with a sim! Just to be on the safe side I would get one that is a GSM model as that's what we use here. My bro rang an Apple Store in the us and they said it will work over here no problems. I would just aim for GSM for safety. What's the warranty issue?? You should buy Apple care also from there, that will work here

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

AndOneill9 wrote: »
    I don't think any issues with phones working here. I'm trying to get one from the states also. It comes unlocked if you pay full price for the phone. Even tho it comes with a sim! Just to be on the safe side I would get one that is a GSM model as that's what we use here. My bro rang an Apple Store in the us and they said it will work over here no problems. I would just aim for GSM for safety. What's the warranty issue?? You should buy Apple care also from there, that will work here

Dont think the phones have different setups and network support anymore: the GSM band in the US is 900 whereas in EU is 1800. This is just from memory so i could be wrong.

As far as I know people buy phones in the US and use them with no issues in the EU - only problem could be the AppleCare+

Cheers

Mine is just delivered to PM, let's see if i get by this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AndOneill9

og2k7 wrote: »
    Dont think the phones have different setups and network support anymore: the GSM band in the US is 900 whereas in EU is 1800. This is just from memory so i could be wrong.

As far as I know people buy phones in the US and use them with no issues in the EU - only problem could be the AppleCare+

Cheers

I think AppleCare is worldwide but would have to double check. Could you possibly buy the phone in the states and purchase AppleCare over here then when you come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

My JB 7 plus is due today at 11.30 from Meteor. Delighted with how quick it was.

My JB 7 plus is due today at 11.30 from Meteor. Delighted with how quick it was.

Hey Ivefoundgod, do you mind me asking when you ordered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

AndOneill9 wrote: »
    I think AppleCare is worldwide but would have to double check. Could you possibly buy the phone in the states and purchase AppleCare over here then when you come back?
    I think they would ask you to send it a selected point which (i think) would be in the US - could deny the purpose with the shipping (and insurance) costs. I could be wrong tho

Cheers

Advertisement