Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Coming from 6s Plus to 7+, i was not excepting much.

But this thing has some speed, all the apps are ready to go, browsing is breeze, everything is so responsive, screen is super sharp, camera difference is minimal but portrait mode is great fun.

All in all solid device, i guess extra 1gb of ram on 7 plus make huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Any one else have there phone shipping from China have it merge in transit, just wondering roughly how long did it take? I won't get a tracking number till then according to Apple, by that stage it'll be in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

martin_g wrote: »
    Any one else have there phone shipping from China have it merge in transit, just wondering roughly how long did it take? I won't get a tracking number till then according to Apple, by that stage it'll be in the UK

It seems to take 3 working days to be delivered after dispatch...(judging from a good few posts in here)

It seems to take 3 working days to be delivered after dispatch...(judging from a good few posts in here)

Thanks deadanoymau5 I think it'll be longer 😡 Apple told me there shipping phones in bulk now, hence probably why there's delays and the article above if true will probably start delaying shipments too now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Seems like it is only DHL not giving the tracking number, UPS provided the tracking number from the moment it was shipped.

Mine was posted on Sat afternoon, delivered to Parcel motel North yesterday Morning and in local locker yesterday evening, so about 3 working days!

Also check from Apple orders page, their estimate is quite accurate.

• Advertisement

deep1 wrote: »
    Seems like it is only DHL not giving the tracking number, UPS provided the tracking number from the moment it was shipped.

Mine was posted on Sat afternoon, delivered to Parcel motel North yesterday Morning and in local locker yesterday evening, so about 3 working days!

Also check from Apple orders page, their estimate is quite accurate.

There delivery date is still the 12th October?? Another 2 weeks! Ffs they told me I won't get any update till it merges in the UK and they have no idea when that will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Mine arrived in Amsterdam today, looks to be a bulk shipment 83KG worth. Got a text with another tracking number from DHL so this is the one with a destination of Ireland. Delivery date is between next Tuesday and Thursday. 7 plus 128GB

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Doylers wrote: »
    Mine arrived in Amsterdam today, looks to be a bulk shipment 83KG worth. Got a text with another tracking number from DHL so this is the one with a destination of Ireland. Delivery date is between next Tuesday and Thursday. 7 plus 128GB

Me too!

Lucky divils

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Doylers wrote: »

You will get it Tuesday I'd say - 4 days bang on since mine landed in Amsterdam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Would it be an idea to have a separate thread for delivery and courier updates as it would make reading about people's experiences with the actual phone easier?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Would it be an idea to have a separate thread for delivery and courier updates as it would make reading about people's experiences with the actual phone easier?

I started a thread on iPhone 7 and 7+ here for non delivery related posts
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101199567#post101199567

For anyone who bought from Apple.co.uk and used ParcelMotel, did you have your actual address as your billing address or ParcelMotel address in there? Also, what did you do for phone number?

I had problems with using my revolut to purchase on other sites, so just want to make sure I do it properly on apple.co.uk

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I ordered an Apple Watch from the UK site but used a normal visa debit. I used parcel motel as the address but all other details including billing address were my own. Just changed the delivery one.

According to DHL tracking my iPhone is at a sort facility in Dublin, as of 7am this morning, any chance it might be delivers today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

RedLegend wrote: »
    According to DHL tracking my iPhone is at a sort facility in Dublin, as of 7am this morning, any chance it might be delivers today?

If your in the greater Dublin area you should definitely get it today

shanec1928 wrote: »
    If your in the greater Dublin area you should definitely get it today

In Stepaside so fingers crossed

Yes they usually clear customs pretty quick so u should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Maddie22

I ordered on the 12 sept. And I just got a delivery date of Oct 12😳. A whole month between ordering And delivery for 7+32gb rose gold. Has it been delivered much sooner than the delivery date for anyone else??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Were in the same boat, i'm in D2 be very shocked if we didn't get them today!

• Advertisement

Maddie22 wrote: »
    I ordered on the 12 sept. And I just got a delivery date of Oct 12😳. A whole month between ordering And delivery for 7+32gb rose gold. Has it been delivered much sooner than the delivery date for anyone else??

Well Maddie I ordered the 09th Sept and I have delivery date of the 12th Oct too and mine shipped Wednesday night so where both in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Maddie22

Well Maddie I ordered the 09th Sept and I have delivery date of the 12th Oct too and mine shipped Wednesday night so where both in the same boat.
    I'm guessing you bought a black 128gb??

Maddie22 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you bought a black 128gb??

Yep Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

Anyone else's phone that was dispatched from China still there?

I ordered my iPhone 7 from the UK apple store (cheaper yo) and it was dispatched on the 26th - est. delivery was the 30th. According to my UPS tracking it's still in China. What's annoyed me is that the service they used was the "Express Saver". I'd expect when you spend this much on a phone they wouldn't use the cheapest delivery option, especially when it's coming from China.

Craftylee wrote: »
    Anyone else's phone that was dispatched from China still there?

I ordered my iPhone 7 from the UK apple store (cheaper yo) and it was dispatched on the 26th - est. delivery was the 30th. According to my UPS tracking it's still in China. What's annoyed me is that the service they used was the "Express Saver". I'd expect when you spend this much on a phone they wouldn't use the cheapest delivery option, especially when it's coming from China.

It may just not have updated, Apple told me yesterday that there bulk shipping iPhones to the UK, why I don't know. Mine shipped the 28th and is due for delivery on the 12th Oct as it has to merge in transit. You might still be ok, msg UPS if you think there is a problem

Yeah possibly, mine doesn't seem to be part of a block shipment. According to UPS the weight is 0.40 kg

Craftylee wrote: »
    Yeah possibly, mine doesn't seem to be part of a block shipment. According to UPS the weight is 0.40 kg

Give them a shout they will know what's up if there is a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Apple have finally taken the money from my bank.

Surely it's going to ship next week now?

Headshot wrote: »
    Apple have finally taken the money from my bank.

Surely it's going to ship next week now?

You might be lucky and it dispatches today - but either way you won't receive it til next week

• Advertisement

Scheduled delivery 11:30-12:30 today! If my missus isn't there to sign I'm divorcing her!

128GB black 7 plus

Advertisement