Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Having my first problem with Apple, I had 2 phones dispatched same day, one was sent as part of a bigger ship and the other on its own both from China.

The estimate on both updated to today 7th Oct few days ago, the one that was sent with a batch was delivered this morning while the one on its own went from China to Korea to China to Hong Kong to Korea to Hong Kong and now is in Dubai and the estimate on Apple still says delivery today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Thanks to using a Revolut card and the fall in sterling today ordered the 7 plus today and saved a considerable amount.

Now to check shipping details every 5 minutes in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Thanks to using a Revolut card and the fall in sterling today ordered the 7 plus today and saved a considerable amount.

Now to check shipping details every 5 minutes in hope.

What is your delivery date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

What is your delivery date?

November 9th to 16th, but hopefully it will arrive sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

November 9th to 16th, but hopefully it will arrive sooner.

mines same

aload of gic waiting this long

• Advertisement

mines same

aload of gic waiting this long

Yeah it is very strange, they clearly did not have production ramped up to meet the 16th Sept Irish launch date, let alone other countries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Mine arrived today Plus 128 jet black original estimated delivery was 17th to 27th October so they seem to be getting units out.

F34 wrote: »
    Mine arrived today Plus 128 jet black original estimated delivery was 17th to 27th October so they seem to be getting units out.

cheers for that

i bloody hope so lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ordered the jet black 7 128gb on sat the 8th of October. Giving me delivery date of 10-30 of November. And that's for the plain 7 not even the plus.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Ordered the jet black 7 128gb on sat the 8th of October. Giving me delivery date of 10-30 of November. And that's for the plain 7 not even the plus.

us like gullible fools will wait

2 weeks after we get it will be like ( that it )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

I ordered a 7 plus on the 4th Oct my delivery date is the 2nd - 9th Nov

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Ordered a black 128GB 7 From APPLE.ie store on 3rd (€889)cancelled & REORDERED from UK on the 4th. Delivery's been brought forward to the 14th>18th & price is after dropping to €765!....happy days!

sandyxxx wrote: »
    Ordered a black 128GB 7 From APPLE.ie store on 3rd (€889)cancelled & REORDERED from UK on the 4th. Delivery's been brought forward to the 14th>18th & price is after dropping to €765!....happy days!

What happens if it develops a fault? Will you not have to return it to the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

A road trip to Belfast... is what everyone here seems to say

Where are you getting €765 from? Should it be €777 (£699=€777)?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Standard mail in repair through ups.
    shanec1928 wrote: »
    no
    Correct
    A road trip to Belfast... is what everyone here seems to say

That's not what everyone here is saying at all. Any faults can be fixed through the normal Apple mail in repair service where they send you the UPS carrier bag and you post it back directly.

I have never once bought an iPhone from an Irish retailer or network, every one of my phones have been bought from Apple uk and 2 of them have been replaced through the normal mail in service.
    Where are you getting €765 from? Should it be €777 (£699=€777)?

That could depend on the exchange rate on the day or they could have used a Revolt card.

kceire wrote: »
    That's not what everyone here is saying at all. Any faults can be fixed through the normal Apple mail in repair service where they send you the UPS carrier bag and you post it back directly.

I have never once bought an iPhone from an Irish retailer or network, every one of my phones have been bought from Apple uk and 2 of them have been replaced through the normal mail in service.

I read that many times on Boards.ie. When I say 'thats what everyone here seems to say', dont take it literally :pac::pac:
    kceire wrote: »
    That could depend on the exchange rate on the day or they could have used a Revolt card.

Thats why I asked her...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I read that many times on Boards.ie. When I say 'thats what everyone here seems to say', dont take it literally :pac::pac:

Thats why I asked her...:rolleyes:

Probably for people that have bought in the USA. I myself have posted it a few times too, as my Mam bought 2 phones over there and when one developed a fault we had to physically go to Belfast. But that's USA phones, uk ones are normal repair. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭IdHidden

Hi

I ordered a matt black 7 plus from Vodafone on Monday 10th Oct. Anyone know when I can expect to get delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

IdHidden wrote: »
    Hi

I ordered a matt black 7 plus from Vodafone on Monday 10th Oct. Anyone know when I can expect to get delivery?

Have you asked Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭IdHidden

Yes i asked them, their reply was it will be shipped when the stock comes in! Not very helpful.

I'm going to be in London mid November. I wonder if I'll just be able to walk in to Covent garden and pick up a 7 jet black?

I'm going to be in London mid November. I wonder if I'll just be able to walk in to Covent garden and pick up a 7 jet black?

I would advise downloading the Apple Store app and keeping an eye out the day before or on the day you're there for stock. You'll likely need to reserve and collect.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Just ordered 2 x 128gb black through Eir Business, hopefully i won't have too long to wait for them! :)

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I would advise downloading the Apple Store app and keeping an eye out the day before or on the day you're there for stock. You'll likely need to reserve and collect.

Yeah, I see you can only reserve them at 6am.

Yeah, I see you can only reserve them at 6am.

When I was in Manchester, different stock started to show up throughout the day. Example; I was after the 128GB Black 7 and earlier on in the morning it wasn't available but it showed up around 11am and I grabbed it.

By the time mid November comes around there should be a big improvement for supply against demand.

Don't forget you have Regent St. Apple Store which you can check at too.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

The price dipped to €765,checked screengrab to verify it last night,but had rebounded to €777 when the money was taken today,......delivery date brought forward again to tomorrow13/10!....should have it on Friday latest

So is Apple under charging in the U.K. Or overchain Ireland? And how come uk orders are given priority over Irish? :(

Or is that for the black and not jet black iPhone?

• Advertisement

The price dipped to €765,checked screengrab to verify it last night,but had rebounded to €777 when the money was taken today,......delivery date brought forward again to tomorrow13/10!....should have it on Friday latest

I ordered 7 plus 128GB Black on 4th Oct, been sitting on processing since with delivery date 3rd Nov - 10th Nov. I have also been sent the survey from Apple about my buying experience, not been charged yet.

Hope my date changes like yours did... would love to get it next week...

Advertisement