Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Bob24 wrote: »
    Done. Hurts a bit to go over 1000 euros will AppleCare, but well.

First day delivery for a 128 black iPhone 7.

I didn't chose Apple care but got the same phone. Friday can't come quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 shane14

Looks like the plus models are shipping 1-2 weeks late, got delivery date of 26-28 September.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Just got in Jet Black 7Plus 256GB delivery 17th Oct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

jarvis wrote: »
    Where abouts? Isn't that just for apps???

Go in to the app store. search "apple store" and download the app. Should be the first app on the list.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Had to order using my Credit Card instead of Revoult.

Rose Gold 32gb - Delivers Friday 16th
    Silver/White 32gb - Delivers Friday 16th

Ordered from the UK Store to PM, so should still save a bit...hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

awec wrote: »
    When do Apple charge your card? When it ships?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

kceire wrote: »
    Fcuk you Revoult card!
    Cannot top up with more than 1k per year!!!!

You can with a verified card. If you've used it before there should be a 4 digit code on your bank statement. You can use that to verify your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Mine is saying not shipping until 4th of Oct :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Didn't get in till bout 810 myself
    7plus black 128gb 2 to 3 weeks delivery from uk store , Irish store the same ,
    At least my cases will be here for it !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Their delivery system seems to be messed up, ordered just when it when live and delivery date is october.

• Advertisement

stimpson wrote: »
    You can with a verified card. If you've used it before there should be a 4 digit code on your bank statement. You can use that to verify your card.

Probably should have set it up last month instead of last night :)
    I tried to verify using the inbuilt features, but hey, it didn't work.

Ill verify and hang onto it in the background and see, it may be useful in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Had to order using my Credit Card instead of Revoult.

Rose Gold 32gb - Delivers Friday 16th
    Silver/White 32gb - Delivers Friday 16th

Ordered from the UK Store to PM, so should still save a bit...hopefully!
    for the 7 plus 128Gb when i worked it out using visas rate and add in the 1.75% charge rate that I get the saving was like €20 that before you either drive to belfast or get it to parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Black plus 256gb on Apple Store shop is saying available (6 to 7 days dispatch )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

To be honest I was expecting both black phones to have a delay in shipping due to a presumed demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Don't forget to bump your parcel motel insurance people.

128gb Black 7 set for 16th. Could only get in on the app.

Anyone know if the 6/6s screen protectors are exact same as 7? Looks like it.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 6/6s screen protectors are exact same as 7? Looks like it.

The dimensions of both phones are exactly the same so there will be no problem with screen protectors I ordered 6plus screen protectors last week.

stimpson wrote: »
    Don't forget to bump your parcel motel insurance people.

Don't do it till next week too, when your expecting delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

The dimensions of both phones are exactly the same so there will be no problem with screen protectors I ordered 6plus screen protectors last week.

Is the the case (pardon the pun) for the 7 also? Apart from the camera hole on the plus and the headphone jack?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

dan786 wrote: »
    Their delivery system seems to be messed up, ordered just when it when live and delivery date is october.

Some models were later than others from the very beginning, from what I could see

Is the the case (pardon the pun) for the 7 also? Apart from the camera hole on the plus and the headphone jack?

Yeah I've checked the dimensions of both phone and they are the same the plus is different now with the dual camera and the no headphone jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Delivery 26- 28 september for iPhone 7 Plus Black 256gb :(.

In NYC next week so will see if I can get extremely lucky and get a walk-in one.

Delivery 26- 28 september for iPhone 7 Plus Black 256gb :(.

In NYC next week so will see if I can get extremely lucky and get a walk-in one.

What's the story with buying an iphone abroad? Does it be set to that countries App Store or something?

The reason I ask is because I've family in Sweden who come home a bit but can't use the App Store here. Their phone knows it was bought in Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Tip for anybody ordering, if you add any accessories to the order it could slow it down. I added cables in the past and it added a few days to the delivery time. Think they ship separate and are combined into one order and then forwarded on.

Might not be the same for all accessories but it's worth noting.

Also, ship dates are just estimates. You might have gotten a later delivery date but it could still be delivered on launch day. Just depends on how things go with stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

App Store is tied to whatever country you set up the Apple ID with. There's a few caveat's buying abroad, mainly to do with AppleCare+.

I'm glad I woke up early as the delivery date an hour on from ordering the same phone is 26th to 28th of September. 10 days longer wait for not getting in first. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Had to get two due to delivery times.

iPhone 7 Black 128GB Delivered on 16th to keep me going till I get 128GB 7 Plus first week of October.

The 256GB Plus seems enticing as delivery is 26th/27th

Yeah I've checked the dimensions of both phone and they are the same the plus is different now with the dual camera and the no headphone jack.

Will the camera from the 7 fit into a 6/6S case?
    I didn't think it would?

• Advertisement

Will the camera from the 7 fit into a 6/6S case?
    I didn't think it would?

Get the Stanley knife out! :D

Advertisement