Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Mine says shipping from UK!,I'd say changing my model choice(Matt black) has sped up delivery,although a Compu B rep told me its popularity has increased over the jet black of late!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

sandyxxx wrote: »
    Mine says shipping from UK!,I'd say changing my model choice(Matt black) has sped up delivery,although a Compu B rep told me its popularity has increased over the jet black of late!

Ah that's why it's being delivers sooner. I suspect people don't want to wait so long for the jet black, so they are goon for the black.

Yir man in the shop said a lot was down to seeing the fingerprints of the display jet in store,that was a factor in my change as well,although I sometimes have second thoughts when I view the cancelled phine in my store dashboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Ordered a black 128GB 7 From APPLE.ie store on 3rd (€889)cancelled & REORDERED from UK on the 4th. Delivery's been brought forward to the 14th>18th & price is after dropping to €765!....happy days!
    Where are you getting €765 from? Should it be €777 (£699=€777)?
    kceire wrote: »

That could depend on the exchange rate on the day or they could have used a Revolt card.
    The price dipped to €765,checked screengrab to verify it last night,but had rebounded to €777 when the money was taken today,......delivery date brought forward again to tomorrow13/10!....should have it on Friday latest

Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Any sign of your delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

mine still says nov 10-17

better just a date sooner lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

mine still says nov 10-17

better just a date sooner lol

My date didn't change until I got a preparing for dispatch email

....in Belfast since 8 this mornin,update from Dublin depot at 6 to say it landed!...any minute now I'd say!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Just got a txt off eir saying I have a delivery tomorrow.

8mm praying it's the new phones and not just the new SIM cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Ordered 7 plus 128GB from Irish site today nut now looking at the UK side of things purely to save €100 is parcel Motel safe enough for a transaction like this if I extend the liability when the phone ships?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Gavin1980 wrote: »
    Ordered 7 plus 128GB from Irish site today nut now looking at the UK side of things purely to save €100 is parcel Motel safe enough for a transaction like this if I extend the liability when the phone ships?

Why use PM if your ordered off Apple.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Does the UK Apple site have a problem delivering to Parcel Motel?

Well I'm impressed.

Ordered 2 x 128gb black 7 plus at 4:30pm on Wednesday.

Was told I'd be waiting 7-10 working days, and they arrived this morning! Less than 36 hours! Amazing service!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

eeloe wrote: »
    Well I'm impressed.

Ordered 2 x 128gb black 7 plus at 4:30pm on Wednesday.

Was told I'd be waiting 7-10 working days, and they arrived this morning! Less than 36 hours! Amazing service!

From where?

Sorry, left that out of the main post.

Eir business

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Gavin1980 wrote: »

Trying to decide which site to order a plus from now.

Leaning towards .ie as under Irish consumer law you get 6 years warranty (which came in handy last month with my just over 2 year old iPhone 6 that was swapped out by Apple FOC when I quoted the legislation).

Wouldn't get that from the UK site :(

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Leaning towards .ie as under Irish consumer law you get 6 years warranty (which came in handy last month with my just over 2 year old iPhone 6 that was swapped out by Apple FOC when I quoted the legislation).

I ordered my iphone7 128gb from .ie site for this very reason, mind you the fact that iphone only became available on employee discount scheme yesterday was also an added bonus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Didn't want to be looking out window today at that rain, took trip up to Apple in Belfast, walked in and asked had they stock of iPhone 7 128gb. Not a problem, whipped out Revolut as I exchanged some euro few days a go at good rate...

They had plenty of stock. Also got some other bargains while up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

mad m wrote: »
    Didn't want to be looking out window today at that rain, took trip up to Apple in Belfast, walked in and asked had they stock of iPhone 7 128gb. Not a problem, whipped out Revolut as I exchanged some euro few days a go at good rate...

Didn't happen to have any plus sizes?

question

how come on adverts people can't sell concert tickets at more than face value but yet they let guys sell phones 300 or more above retail price ?

double standards

akadesign wrote: »
    Didn't happen to have any plus sizes?

If I'd of known I'd of asked, but honestly I asked for a iPhone 7 and I got yeah we have good stock. So I'm sure they have plus stock also. Had it in my hand within 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

mad m wrote: »

Jet black?

mad muffin wrote: »
    Jet black?

I had a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Is there any comeback if you bought from the UK site? Any warranty? Or do you have to go up to Belfast?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is there any comeback if you bought from the UK site? Any warranty? Or do you have to go up to Belfast?

Standard mail in warranty that you get from the .ie site applies to purchases from the uk Store also.

I've bought all mine up north or from uk Store over the years.
    I've also got free repairs on out of warranty phones under the windows consumer law thing. Mainly speaker problems.

Also I tried to check availability in Belfast day before, it always said unavailable to collect.

ordered 7 plus 256 off apple.co.uk

since then there has been suspicious activity on my credit card , so had to report the card and get issues with a new card , i updated my credit card on my itunes etc

do i need to contact apple to update my credit card for my order ?

• Advertisement

Really confused why some people have had no problems using PM, and others have been contacted by Apple saying they won't deliver there...

Hope I have no issues, ordered 4th Oct, still Processing

Advertisement