Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options
1505152535456»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

IPhone 8 will be out before my 7 arrives.... still waiting on Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Dropped into Belfast on way up to Giant Causeway. Rose gold iPhone 7 128gb, yes sir no problem..Got it for lad in work for Xmas present for his wife.

Looks like I wont get my iPhone tonight either still nothing from them and the van is usually in my town around 10 so its unlikely they dropped it off, disgusted with parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Looks like I wont get my iPhone tonight either still nothing from them and the van is usually in my town around 10 so its unlikely they dropped it off, disgusted with parcel motel

i still havnt set up my 7 + 256gb lol

sitting in its box , lol top busy

will sort it tommorow

will sort it tommorow

lol I'm using a €50 crappy vodafone android yoke, I need this iphone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Anyone have any luck in getting a iphone 7+ from Vodafone online? None of the shops seem to have them.

Mine arrived at parcel motel at 4 in the morning, whoops my bad I thought they missed me again lol. Collecting it after work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Ordered on the 17th, finally being handed over to the final delivery company before Parcel Motel!

It's been a looooooong wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

will sort it tommorow

:pac::pac:

I was the same...

Got mine after work around 5ish, setting it up now. The home button feels weird but on the 2nd one its almost normal feeling

• Advertisement

Got mine after work around 5ish, setting it up now. The home button feels weird but on the 2nd one its almost normal feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Anyone purchased any solid but reasonbly priced screen protectors? Having gone through 4 iphone6 in 2 years I feel obliged to look after my 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

After ordering on the 17th, it's now with UPS and should be here by the 7th.

Did you find the UPS delivery estimate to be accurate? Did it arrive sooner for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

wardides wrote: »
    Anyone purchased any solid but reasonbly priced screen protectors? Having gone through 4 iphone6 in 2 years I feel obliged to look after my 7.

I bought Orly ones and should have them by Weds. Ill let ya know how they are. Most of them on Amazon seem to be ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

My girlfriend has a S7 Edge. After playing with it i really have no idea why people would buy an iphone over this phone. It's just a beautiful phone inside and out and the screen is just beautiful. Apple are extracting the urine with the price of their dated iphone 7 when clearly the Edge is a better quality phone.. and yes i own an iphone 7 ( for now). IMO Apple's attitude is " Sure it has an apple logo it will sell" ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Micky 32 wrote: »
    My girlfriend has a S7 Edge. After playing with it i really have no idea why people would buy an iphone over this phone. It's just a beautiful phone inside and out and the screen is just beautiful. Apple are extracting the urine with the price of their dated iphone 7 when clearly the Edge is a better quality phone.. and yes i own an iphone 7 ( for now). IMO Apple's attitude is " Sure it has an apple logo it will sell" ....

I find Apple's software superior to Android, I just prefer it in most ways. Also, the touchwiz skin still looks pretty ugly to me, that and the bloatware and duplicate apps ruins the experience somewhat.

Design wise I think the S7 Edge is the nicest designed hardware out there at the moment. Although, I find the build quality of both phones on par.

For me it comes down to preferring iOS and the whole package tied together. If I was choosing purely on hardware design I'd pick the S7 Edge. Price wise both phones retail for similar prices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭karlitob

yayyyyyy

Very tempted to go for the plus! Any advice?

Hi all,

Your advice please.

Gonna get the iPhone 7 128GB (or plus)

Is it cheaper to get it from UK, US or Ire?

If from UK, will apple send to parcel motel, will parcel motel deliver, is there an issue with tax,

If from US, is there an issue at customs on the return?

Appreciate your help.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No tax coming from U.K. Apple seem to be trying to put a stop to shipping to forwarders.
    From the US add State sales Tax and 23% on top of cost + shipping for Irish Vat.

If the phone develops a fault after 12 months, you have no comeback on a US phone. On UK one you would have to bring a case against the shop that sold it, in he U.K. Buying it in Ireland you would have the protection of the Sale of Goods Act for up to 6 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

karlitob wrote: »
    Hi all,

Your advice please.

Gonna get the iPhone 7 128GB (or plus)

Is it cheaper to get it from UK, US or Ire?

If from UK, will apple send to parcel motel, will parcel motel deliver, is there an issue with tax,

If from US, is there an issue at customs on the return?

Appreciate your help.

With exchange rates the way the are I would just buy from Apple in Ireland.

US = $749, looks a bargain but excludes state taxes which will easily add 8% or more and then you have to get it here. Irish VAT will be added , unless you bring it in yourself and sneak it through.

UK= £699. No tax issues as it's an intra EU transaction, no issue with Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard (that I find better as they deliver to any address for the same price). Works out at approx €840 with shupping.

Hardly worth it when you see that the Irish price is €889.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Long shot, but if anyone finds that their iPhone 7 Plus 128 (or 256) is physically too big for you, I'm looking to swap my iPhone 7 128 for a Plus version (with cash your way).

Also, if you're buying or selling privately, be very wary - I was speaking to con artist on the phone who seemed like a nice guy, very keen to do a deal with me until he hung up when I mentioned meeting him at his local Garda station :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Trojan wrote: »
    Long shot, but if anyone finds that their iPhone 7 Plus 128 (or 256) is physically too big for you, I'm looking to swap my iPhone 7 128 for a Plus version (with cash your way).

Also, if you're buying or selling privately, be very wary - I was speaking to con artist on the phone who seemed like a nice guy, very keen to do a deal with me until he hung up when I mentioned meeting him at his local Garda station :)

That is a bit of strange request on your side in fairness.

I've bought and sold lots of stuff on Adverts but I'd be a bit weirded out if someone asked to meet in a police station.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

murpho999 wrote: »

US = $749, looks a bargain but excludes state taxes which will easily add 8% or more and then you have to get it here. Irish VAT will be added , unless you bring it in yourself and sneak it through.

UK= £699. No tax issues as it's an intra EU transaction, no issue with Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard (that I find better as they deliver to any address for the same price). Works out at approx €840 with shupping.

If you knew someone working for Apple then they might offer to get it for you on the friends and family scheme, 17% discount on most if not all apple products.

murpho999 wrote: »

Good advice. Thanks for that. And iPhone v iPhone plus. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Trojan wrote: »

That is a bit of strange request on your side in fairness.

I've bought and sold lots of stuff on Adverts but I'd be a bit weirded out if someone asked to meet in a police station.

In all fairness, this time of year you'll have all sorts of con artists that would be looking out for an opportunity like this to pull a fast one. Don't see anything wrong with asking to meet at a local Garda Station if you are in fact interested in doing the deal. Don't need any more of these types of stories on "talk to joeeeeeeeeeee".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Aquos76 wrote: »
    If you knew someone working for Apple then they might offer to get it for you on the friends and family scheme, 17% discount on most if not all apple products.

Unless things have changed, iPhones are exempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Unless things have changed, iPhones are exempt.

Things have changed. iPhone's have been available at a staff and friends & family discount for years.

Advertisement