Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

kceire wrote: »
    Will the camera from the 7 fit into a 6/6S case?
    I didn't think it would?
    I don't think so, not only is the camera bigger, but it's also positioned differently. More to the top left than the 6s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

kceire wrote: »
    Will the camera from the 7 fit into a 6/6S case?
    I didn't think it would?

Yeah your right is in a different position and it's bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

GSPfan wrote: »
    What's the story with buying an iphone abroad? Does it be set to that countries App Store or something?

The reason I ask is because I've family in Sweden who come home a bit but can't use the App Store here. Their phone knows it was bought in Sweden.

No sure I get the issue of your Sweden family, but you can definitely by a phone in any country and set it up with the app store from any other country.

The only 3 caveats I can think of with buying abroad are:
    1. The phone might not support all the GSM bands used in Europe if it was bought in the US or Asia (not always a problem, depends from which country/carrier it was purchased)
    2. You might have issues if you need warranty coverage
    3. This is unlikely to be enforced and probably a minor concern, but in theory if it is purchased outside the EU you have to pay VAT and duty on it when you bring it to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Nothing from Vodafone yet,its taken all my willpower to hang on this long ,current phone is ****ed,due my upgrade,hope they hurry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

meteor have pre-order up but it doesn't link correctly

Sorry working now but no plus models :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

So in the end I went with the 128G Matt Black 7 Plus. After saying all along I was only getting the 32G version :-))

Only problem in my rush to enter the parcel motel address I never put in my parcel motel ID its my first time using PM as well. I take it this is essential so it knows who its for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Nothing from Vodafone yet,its taken all my willpower to hang on this long ,current phone is ****ed,due my upgrade,hope they hurry up.

From memory the Vodafone ordering went live 2 or 3 days before launch on the iPhone 6.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

neonman wrote: »
    So in the end I went with the 128G Matt Black 7 Plus. After saying all along I was only getting the 32G version :-))

Only problem in my rush to enter the parcel motel address I never put in my parcel motel ID its my first time using PM as well. I take it this is essential so it knows who its for?

See can you go back and edit your order with apple.
    Failing that, see if you bought now, is the shipping date the same, and if so, cancel the first order.

Failing all of that, someone in PM may looking into the name and associate it with your account, but I wouldnt bet on this, as technically, there could be a few people with the same name.

I put my PMID in the company name box in the form.

I guess if there is no PMID they will still try to look you up using your name, but they might have an additional verification process and it will certainly slow things down.

You're better off amending the delivery address on your order (the Apple website should let you do it until the order status changes to something like "preparing").

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DubDJ wrote: »
    Tip for anybody ordering, if you add any accessories to the order it could slow it down. I added cables in the past and it added a few days to the delivery time. Think they ship separate and are combined into one order and then forwarded on.

Might not be the same for all accessories but it's worth noting.

Also, ship dates are just estimates. You might have gotten a later delivery date but it could still be delivered on launch day. Just depends on how things go with stock.

You can choose to have the other items shipped separately during checkout so it won't affect the phone order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Get on to Apple customer support. They should be able to change it. I'm sure I did it before for something.

Bob24 wrote: »
    I guess if there is no PMID they will still try to look you up using your name, but they might have an additional verification process and it will certainly slow things down.

You're better off amending the delivery address on your order (the Apple website should let you do it under the order status changes to something like "preparing").

Can't edit it at the moment so looking at the help section they said that in a few hours I will have the option to change it which I will.

I'll be in the UK next weekend and if I go to an Apple store and they have a 128G Matt iphone 7 I wonder can I cancel my order then and there and buy it in store???

Can't edit it at the moment so looking at the help section they said that in a few hours I will have the option to change it which I will.

I'll be in the UK next weekend and if I go to an Apple store and they have a 128G Matt iphone 7 I wonder can I cancel my order then and there and buy it in store???

Yes, your order probably is in the status "We’ve received your order", meaning it is still not fully book yet on Apple's system (it always does that). In a few hours it should change to "Processing" and then you will be able to amend details.

I think you will be able to cancel it next weekend as long as it hasn't reached the status "Preparing for Shipment". It depends on what your deliver date is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No sure I get the issue of your Sweden family, but you can definitely by a phone in any country and set it up with the app store from any other country.

1. The phone might not support all the GSM bands used in Europe if it was bought in the US or Asia (not always a problem, depends from which country/carrier it was purchased)
    3. This is unlikely to be enforced and probably a minor concern, but in theory if it is purchased outside the EU you have to pay VAT and duty on it when you bring it to Ireland

Thanks. It's probably the Apple ID thing as someone told me earlier.

Yes, your order probably is in the status "We’ve received your order", meaning it is still not fully book yet on Apple's system (it always does that). In a few hours it should change to "Processing" and then you will be able to amend details.

I think you will be able to cancel it next weekend as long as it hasn't reached the status "Preparing for Shipment". It depends on what your deliver date is.

My delivery date as it stands is Oct 4th I wasn't one of the lucky ones to order from the app only option I had was online

My delivery date as it stands is Oct 4th I wasn't one of the lucky ones to order from the app only option I had was online

Most likely you will be able to cancel then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Anyone order a iPhone 7 Silver 128GB? If so, what delivery date did you get?

Haven't ordered yet (waiting for payday!).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Think I'll get one although not too happy it doesn't have fast charging.

Couldn't really give a ****e about the colour once it's neutra l- people who are fussy about whether a phone is black or silver are weird.

No fast charging? Thats a deal breaker. Apple are really falling behind the top brands.

Couldn't really give a ****e about the colour once it's neutra l- people who are fussy about whether a phone is black or silver are weird.

Between not giving a ****e and being fussy is where most people stand ;-) They neither don't care nor complain, they just order whichever one they prefer within the range offered to them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jsd1004 wrote: »
    No fast charging? Thats a deal breaker. Apple are really falling behind the top brands.

they're not really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anyone order a iPhone 7 Silver 128GB? If so, what delivery date did you get?

Haven't ordered yet (waiting for payday!).

Thanks

Payment isn't taken until it's shipped so you could maybe order now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Yeah your right is in a different position and it's bigger.

That's a pain in the balls about the case. I thought I was going to get 3 years out of mine. Has anyone seen any nice leather cases for the 7? Just for the sides and back - not a diary style one. Nice and all as the Apple case is, I'm not prepared to pay 60 notes for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

jsd1004 wrote: »

Why is it a deal breaker and just ignore the other features the phone has.

Also, since when are Apple not a top brand?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Sweden is in the EU so no problem with duty/VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

guil wrote: »
    Payment isn't taken until it's shipped so you could maybe order now.

Thanks. Just ordered now!

Meteor Prices now up.

128Gb

32GB

whiterebel wrote: »
    Sweden is in the EU so no problem with duty/VAT

Correct - but I don't think the poster mentioned they wanted to buy in Sweden. Just that their family members from Sweden were having issues when visiting Ireland - hence I didn't assume the location they were planning to purchase from.

Anyway they will have figured it out as I clearly mentioned "it is purchased outside the EU" :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Prices are up for Vodafone as well. On the top plan at €80 per month it's €99 for 32gb iPhone 7 and €199 for 7 plus. Goes up €100 euro for each increase in storage.

guil wrote: »
    Prices are up for Vodafone as well. On the top plan at €80 per month it's €99 for 32gb iPhone 7 and €199 for 7 plus. Goes up €100 euro for each increase in storage.

Who would want a monthly €80 bill though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Anybody order through the UK site get an email to contact Apple regarding your order?

Advertisement