Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Monthly contract is cheaper though, no?

My mistake, I have deleted my post

When you look at similar price plans 3 is €30 more but they give you unlimited data vs Vodafone 7GB

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

No 256gb available?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

My mistake, I have deleted my post

When you look at similar price plans 3 is €30 more but they give you unlimited data vs Vodafone 7GB

yeah i was shocked at the base price, but the €25 a month price is the same as the €40 a month which suits me since I never use more than 50 flexiunits a month. shame the 3 website is completely borked for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Danbo! wrote: »
    Just got a call from the bank to ask if I had attempted to make a purchase from Apple, so must mean it's shipping already if they're charging the card.
    Probably Apple just blocked the amount on your card, in preparation for charging it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Went for the matt black 128GB from Vodafone in the end, had looked at three but service where I am has been rubbish lately on PAYG so time for a change. Will sell off my S6 to once I get it. Took me a long time to choose a colour, had the Jet Black in my basket and was halfway through checking out when I changed my mind, had a look at MKBHD video again and it really does look like it'll be covered in fingerprints in no time and impossible to keep clean. The potential for scratches put me off as well.

I'm just hoping I didn't leave it too late and get the phone next weekend or at least the following week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

Anyone trying to upgrade with 3 & having trouble with the email link, go to the upgrade check section for a pin code first & the iPhone 7 is showing as an option on your upgrade list.
    I ordered mine that way without a hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Got my upgrade on three, the iPhone 7 plus 128GB black.

I presume I can get a US sim for my current 6 plus, to use over there???
    I saw http://travelersmobile.com/usa/ recommended on tripadvisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

So did anyone get the Jet Black? Going by comments since this morning no many wanted that for obvious reasons, then how did it manage to sell out before others and have dispatch date around November with Apple.

dan786 wrote: »
    So did anyone get the Jet Black? Going by comments since this morning no many wanted that for obvious reasons, then how did it manage to sell out before others and have dispatch date around November with Apple.

I'm speculating here but I'd say they didn't have as many stockpiled due to the seemingly more complicated production process. Having said that I'd say there was still a fairly significant demand for it as its the only model that is very clearly the "new" iPhone to the average Joe Soap. Can't imagine it'll sell that well with the networks here once its released, the 128gb entry point will put the average person off I think.

People on Reddit are saying that the dispatch dates are always put a decent distance off but generally arrive well before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I paid with visa debit this time round, and just noticed my card has now been charged. I know they sometimes put an authorisation hold and return the money before taking it again once the order has shipped, but it wasn't taken immediately. Over 12 hours after the initial order time was the account actually debited.

• Advertisement

I'm speculating here but I'd say they didn't have as many stockpiled due to the seemingly more complicated production process. Having said that I'd say there was still a fairly significant demand for it as its the only model that is very clearly the "new" iPhone to the average Joe Soap. Can't imagine it'll sell that well with the networks here once its released, the 128gb entry point will put the average person off I think.

People on Reddit are saying that the dispatch dates are always put a decent distance off but generally arrive well before then.

Some fair points.

Well I went ahead and bought a Jet Black too adding to the 3 I have ordered already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

carrotcake wrote: »
    Probably Apple just blocked the amount on your card, in preparation for charging it next week.

Card has been charged and order has moved to "Preparing for dispatch". I know it won't be here before Friday, still didn't stop me checking the status all day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

its the only model that is very clearly the "new" iPhone to the average Joe Soap. Can't imagine it'll sell that well with the networks here once its released, the 128gb entry point will put the average person off I think.

I went for the matt black 128gb. Didn't want a thousand euro phone susceptible to swirl marks an scratches due to normal wear and tear. Of course it'll go straight into a case from day1, but also felt there could be a lesser demand for the slick black in 2 years upon resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Wonder when the 3 delivery will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Phil.x

There's some mess of wires and connections and cost when listening to earphones (3.5) with the phone charging.

Going by the following, delivery on 16th
    Pre-order your Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus on three.ie by 3pm on September 15th to have it shipped directly to you, beating the in-store queues!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mt confirmation email from Three, says For pre-orders your phone will ship the same day as the phone is released

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

sorry but what obvious reasons? apart from the entry being 128gb (which I kind of like) i think the jet black is by far the slickest?

I went for the matt black 128gb. Didn't want a thousand euro phone susceptible to swirl marks an scratches due to normal wear and tear. Of course it'll go straight into a case from day1, but also felt there could be a lesser demand for the slick black in 2 years upon resale.

Yeah me too, I really hate scratches and stuff on phones but am not a fan of cases either. I've a galaxy s6 the last year, no case and not a mark on it so I generally take care of my stuff and will probably go caseless with this but it sounds like going caseless with the Jet black is a bad idea. Remember the iPhone 5 space grey phones were ruined with scratches after the standard two year contract period. I'll probably upgrade again next year if the iPhone 8 is as revolutionary as its supposed to be, want my iPhone 7 to be as good as new when the time comes.

I'd say you could be right about less demand, especially if they're covered in scratches.

ION08 wrote: »
    sorry but what obvious reasons? apart from the entry being 128gb (which I kind of like) i think the jet black is by far the slickest?

Presume the poster is referring to the scratch/fingerprint issue.

• Advertisement

Yeah me too, I really hate scratches and stuff on phones but am not a fan of cases either. I've a galaxy s6 the last year, no case and not a mark on it so I generally take care of my stuff and will probably go caseless with this but it sounds like going caseless with the Jet black is a bad idea. Remember the iPhone 5 space grey phones were ruined with scratches after the standard two year contract period. I'll probably upgrade again next year if the iPhone 8 is as revolutionary as its supposed to be, want my iPhone 7 to be as good as new when the time comes.

I'd say you could be right about less demand, especially if they're covered in scratches.

Your forgetting it will be 7S ha:)

8 wont be till 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

8 wont be till 2018.

Yes, too many people are taking this 10th anniversary iPhone rumour at face value. Might be correct, but could also not be and should definilty not be considered a certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

i went with jet black 256gb Plus this morning. I'm due an upgrade with three as well next month so hoping to sell that on and cover some of the cost. I'll have a see through case on it so the finger prints dont bother me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

How come meteor don't seem to be offering the Jet Black I wonder :confused:

8 wont be till 2018.

True! Theres going to be a lot of disappointed iPhone fans next september if its only a small upgrade though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can you edit your payment card while still processing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

My order is already preparing for dispatch. I've never pre-ordered before, but bought the 4, 5 and 6 direct from Apple and normally it changes to this status 1-2 days before delivery.

Most likely means these are coming direct from China, all my past orders have shipped from the UK as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

DubDJ wrote: »
    My order is already preparing for dispatch. I've never pre-ordered before, but bought the 4, 5 and 6 direct from Apple and normally it changes to this status 1-2 days before delivery.

Most likely means these are coming direct from China, all my past orders have shipped from the UK as far as I remember.

Which one did you order, I ordered my black 7s 124gb at 12:30 and mine still shows being processed, hoping mine will change to preparing for dispatch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Ordered from Vodafone ,says ready for dispatch.does this mean its shipping launch day?

• Advertisement

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Ordered from Vodafone ,says ready for dispatch.does this mean its shipping launch day?

Mine just says "Your order is being processed". I asked them on the Talk To forum here would it be dispatched on the 16th but probably won't hear back til Monday.

Advertisement