Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch (Series 2) - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

whiterebel wrote: »
    You could anyway, apparently. Haven't tried it yet, but you can sync 1 playlist up to 2GB and play through BT headphones.

Ok, I tried it. It works.

Sounds good. I'm thinking of the black Nike version with a Milanese strap for normal day use.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ordered my apple watch there, got a sept 16 delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 shane14

What watch did you order? I ordered series 2 space grey 42mm black sport band- delivery 4th Oct!

shane14 wrote: »
    What watch did you order? I ordered series 2 space grey 42mm black sport band- delivery 4th Oct!

38mm space grey black band series 2.

Same one as you, just smaller version.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Its killing me..I broke my series 0 only last week so need to get a new one..I'm lost without it.
    Looking at the steel verson which comes to 800 with apple care warranty and trying to justify it :(
    I've restarted the gym and doing swimming lengths so I'm using that as an excuse.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Gonna wait until Christmas to update I think. iPhone itself is a huge purchase. and with my Mac on its last legs, that has to be the next priority. Come to think of it, its probably not worth updating from Series 0/1/0.5

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Bit the bullet today and ordered a series 2.... Oct 4th delivery... lookin forward to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Have series 1 and love the watch wear it everyday I'm hoping os3 will bring a boost. But she said she would get the new one for Christmas for me 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

how is compatibility of apple watches with android phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

j4vier wrote: »
    how is compatibility of apple watches with android phones?
    Non-existent. You can only use the Apple Watch with iPhone, nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

wush06 wrote: »
    Have series 1 and love the watch wear it everyday I'm hoping os3 will bring a boost. But she said she would get the new one for Christmas for me ��

The greatest boost for me on os3 is Scribble, replying to texts and emails from the watch is brilliant. You write as fast as you like, at the start I thought it was a letter at a time, but you literally write over each letter, there's even a spellcheck.

My watch is showing as preparing for shipping now. Card has also been debited.

awec wrote: »
    My watch is showing as preparing for shipping now. Card has also been debited.

Decided I'm going for the space black steel version, intend to wallop my hands off everything so need the sapphire glass. the last Watch I only had it about 3 days and it was all scuffed.
    Only thing it apple is saying 3-5 weeks :(

Didn't even know different models had different glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Do most people go for the 42mm size on these?
    Very tempted by it now, as the waterproofing and GPS has turned it into a serious sports watch now that can compete with Garmin and Fitbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

murpho999 wrote: »
    Very tempted by it now, as the waterproofing and GPS has turned it into a serious sports watch now that can compete with Garmin and Fitbit.

The 42 suits me fine, the smaller size wouldn't do it.

Went for the 38mm, I want it to look like a watch rather than an obvious bit of tech on my wrist.

You can measure by placing a credit card on your wrist length ways. If the credit card is wider than your wrist get the 38, if they're roughly the same get either one and if your wrist is bigger the 42 will look grand.

awec wrote: »
    Didn't even know different models had different glass.

yeah the sports one has x-ion glass or something like that..it gets scratched very easily.
    The steel and ceramic versions have sapphire glass.
    To be honest there's no excuse for both not to have it. You can get sapphire glass on €150 watches so I don't see why Apple couldn't have used it for both.
    They do say that the sports display is brighter in sunlight but now with the new display being twice as bright it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Blazer wrote: »
    yeah the sports one has x-ion glass or something like that..it gets scratched very easily.
    The steel and ceramic versions have sapphire glass.
    To be honest there's no excuse for both not to have it. You can get sapphire glass on €150 watches so I don't see why Apple couldn't have used it for both.
    They do say that the sports display is brighter in sunlight but now with the new display being twice as bright it shouldn't be a problem.

I've had no issue with the screen on my sport getting scratched, despite wearing it every day single launch day.

Zcott wrote: »
    I've had no issue with the screen on my sport getting scratched, despite wearing it every day single launch day.

I've a habit of smacking my hand off doors as I go through em :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I had both in my hand before I bought one last year. The 42mm is a minimum!
    The 38mm was just too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

My tiny wrists disappeared under the 42mm so the 38mm was the only choice for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Zcott wrote: »

I had a couple of fine scratches on the sport after only a couple of days I'd no idea how I got them, I bought in the US and Apple done nothing for me it was a known issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 awful

Does anyone know if any stores will have stock to take away on the 16th or will I need to order?

awful wrote: »
    Does anyone know if any stores will have stock to take away on the 16th or will I need to order?
    You'll need to order I believe. Very hard to find Watches in stock in any of the stores at any time of the year apparently.

Apple must be very concerned about over-ordering stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Compu-B in Dundrum has Apple Watches in stock. Not sure if they'll have series 2 tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭La Haine

I ordered online on launch day and sold my 4 month old 1st generation Apple Watch Sport there on Monday in preparation.
    Bit premature as I'm told delivery of the new one is 4th October.

La Haine wrote: »
    I ordered online on launch day and sold my 4 month old 1st generation Apple Watch Sport there on Monday in preparation.
    Bit premature as I'm told delivery of the new one is 4th October.

Didn't know Compub did trade in - as I have a 42mm Apple Watch Sport can you share what price you go for yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭La Haine

awful wrote: »
    Didn't know Compub did trade in - as I have a 42mm Apple Watch Sport can you share what price you go for yours?

No ideas if they do or not – I sold mine on Adverts.ie for €220 and ordered the new one off Apple.ie

• Advertisement

La Haine wrote: »
    No ideas if they do or not – I sold mine on Adverts.ie for €220 and ordered the new one off Apple.ie

Fair enough - thanks for the info.

Advertisement