Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch (Series 2) - September 16th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

tallpaul wrote: »
    I thought there was the new Apple foldable plug in the original. In any event the cable is included in the series 1 and you can use your iPhone or iPad charger instead.
    There was.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I thought there was the new Apple foldable plug in the original. In any event the cable is included in the series 1 and you can use your iPhone or iPad charger instead.

My apologies, there was. I only just found it and the cable, as I had a charging dock before I got the watch. Thats mean of them to remove the plug if thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah I thought the original didn't come with a power plug either. i thought just the standard Watch with stainless steel had one included.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Ye it's pretty poor of them, having to use the iPhone charger for both is a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lizard_Moon

Foldable plug and short cable in series 2 aluminium 38mm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Foldable plug and short cable in series 2 aluminium 38mm.

Ye Series 1 doesn't though, whereas the previous 1st generation Sport model did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

My series 2 watch was shipped today should have it sometime late next week hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Got my Watch today (original,refurb) updated to watch os3 .. impressed so far just getting used to the settings and user interface.
    Any tips on what apps to upload and what apps to avoid or any other tips on getting the best out of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Think I am gonna take the plunge myself.. 379 for 42mm from Apple seems to be the trick. Unless CompuB have the new old ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

My watch is on a tour of the world first

Philadelphia, PA, United States 10/06/2016 6:18 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Louisville, KY, United States 10/06/2016 4:39 A.M. Departure Scan
    10/06/2016 12:27 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Anchorage, AK, United States 10/05/2016 2:11 P.M. Departure Scan
    10/05/2016 11:26 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Narita, Japan 10/05/2016 9:49 P.M. Departure Scan
    10/05/2016 8:33 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Shanghai, China 10/05/2016 4:31 P.M. Departure Scan
    10/05/2016 3:41 P.M. Export Scan
    Shanghai, China 10/04/2016 8:26 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Suzhou, China 10/04/2016 8:11 P.M. Departure Scan
    China 10/04/2016 6:58 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

• Advertisement

Talk about the long way around! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Think I am gonna take the plunge myself.. 379 for 42mm from Apple seems to be the trick. Unless CompuB have the new old ones :)

You would be better buying off Apple UK, with the current sterling exchange rate, £299 works out at about €345 on a Revolut card...

You would be better buying off Apple UK, with the current sterling exchange rate, 299 works out at about 345 on a Revolut card...
    I truly appreciate the advice buddy. However! Combining Revolut and PM and the waiting is not worth the 34 quid to me.

I ordered the 42mm Series 1 from the UK. Came to roughly 350 and already had a parcel wizard stay paid for so I was able to use that.

Have to say the battery life is a lot better than I thought. I get 2 days no matter what, but if I don't track any runs or exercise then it can just about push to 3 days. I noticed every non-active day burns roughly 33% of the battery. I usually log workouts every second day so I get 2 days due to that. Happy with the life though, I'd worried it wouldn't last one day originally.

DubDJ wrote: »
    I ordered the 42mm Series 1 from the UK. Came to roughly 350 and already had a parcel wizard stay paid for so I was able to use that.

Have to say the battery life is a lot better than I thought. I get 2 days no matter what, but if I don't track any runs or exercise then it can just about push to 3 days. I noticed every non-active day burns roughly 33% of the battery. I usually log workouts every second day so I get 2 days due to that. Happy with the life though, I'd worried it wouldn't last one day originally.

I just ordered one myself, looking forward to finally owning one. The colour took me the longest to decide on.

I just ordered one myself, looking forward to finally owning one. The colour took me the longest to decide on.

I just picked up the space black one, it's probably one of the more popular colours but it kind of matches the black iPhone too.

The third party accessories market is great as well, got a new Watch band and cheap dock on Amazon straight away. Cost about 10 pound for both on Amazon, there's plenty to suit anybody.

DubDJ wrote: »

I just picked up the space black one, it's probably one of the more popular colours but it kind of matches the black iPhone too.

I'm not going to lie, it's why I picked the space grey/black one myself :)
    I've been looking on eBay at all the strap options. One for work.. one for the gym.. one for pints.. it's awesome! :D

So, Apple said this AM when I purchased it I'd have it on Thursday, DHL just said I'll have it on Monday. Awesomeness!

26 hours after purchase I have my watch series 1 (updated one) and I'm pleased so far.

Ok, I've noticed that the draw on the battery of my 7 since I've added the watch in is significant. It's easily 20% more than it was. I'm looking at background refresh tweaks.. I'll see..

Ok, I've noticed that the draw on the battery of my 7 since I've added the watch in is significant. It's easily 20% more than it was. I'm looking at background refresh tweaks.. I'll see..
    While I have noticed a bit of an extra drain on my 6... I am finding I don't use my phone as much since I started using my watch...I have even taken a few calls on my watch, something I said I would never do..now they were short less than a minute calls at home ...not in public yet 😮 And I send texts now through the phone ...fitness tracker I am using a lot and is fairly accurate measured against a chest strap ...so loving the Watch so far and probably have my self convinced to purchase a series 2 at Christmas

• Advertisement

I posted about the drain on the 7 owners thread, I guess I just sit down and see what's causing it.

I'm much the same, the health tracking is incredible! The heat rate monitor has me worried though :D

I posted about the drain on the 7 owners thread, I guess I just sit down and see what's causing it.

I'm much the same, the health tracking is incredible! The heat rate monitor has me worried though :D
    😬😁 In gym cardio equipment is shockingly way off calories burned, while I knew it would read high some equipment was more than double what the Watch was reading..so now I can give the Watch a glance to make sure the heart rate is in proper fat burning state...I do have to make sure the Watch is fairly tight on my wrist...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Non-watch user here, but what should the additional drain be with the watch paired, or is up to 20% considered normal?

harr wrote: »
    In gym cardio equipment is shockingly way off calories burned, while I knew it would read high some equipment was more than double what the Watch was reading..so now I can give the Watch a glance to make sure the heart rate is in proper fat burning state...I do have to make sure the Watch is fairly tight on my wrist...
    I got an app today called HeartWatch, it comes highly recommended and it pulls even more info from the data the watch provides. Well worth the 3 bucks.
    Non-watch user here, but what should the additional drain be with the watch paired, or is up to 20% considered normal?
    I'm getting a day out of my watch and I have to charge my phone every night now, where I was getting 2 days prior to adding the phone, I'm pretty sure it's something I am doing or have configured that's causing it.

harr wrote: »
    In gym cardio equipment is shockingly way off calories burned, while I knew it would read high some equipment was more than double what the Watch was reading..so now I can give the Watch a glance to make sure the heart rate is in proper fat burning state...I do have to make sure the Watch is fairly tight on my wrist...
    I got an app today called HeartWatch, it comes highly recommended and it pulls even more info from the data the watch provides. Well worth the 3 bucks.
    I'm getting a day out of my watch and I have to charge my phone every night now, where I was getting 2 days prior to adding the phone, I'm pretty sure it's something I am doing or have configured that's causing it.

Two days battery life from the iPhone 7 is difficult to reach. I couldn't get too much of a benchmark as I only had the 7 for a week before I got the watch. I have to say I don't notice any major drain after adding the Watch. I was getting roughly a day before and still am.

Ah I can live with it. If it ever annoys me properly I'll figure it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Got an email today saying my Nike+ watch will be delivered on 28 October.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

What's the actual difference between the 38mm and 42mm? Like obviously its a size different, but in what sense?
    And if you buy one new, it comes with a strap and that all in the box right?

• Advertisement

What's the actual difference between the 38mm and 42mm? Like obviously its a size different, but in what sense?
    And if you buy one new, it comes with a strap and that all in the box right?
    No difference just the size from one corner to the other ...I was conflicted on what size to go for as I have fairly thin wrists but so glad I went with the 42 mm as I think the 32 would have been just to small for what I use the Watch for..
    Yes strap and charger in box...strap will depend on what version you buy.
    I would suggest going to a shop and try on both sizes to suit which suit...

Advertisement