Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch (Series 2) - September 16th Release

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Vudgie wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but is the series 2 waterproof all the time or does it have to be in a swim workout/mode?

I saw that they don't recommend wearing it in the shower as soap etc can interfere with the waterproofing, is this true?
    The Series 2 is full waterproof, even for swimming. The workout mode is probably more about locking the screen because the water activates the screen and picks it up as taps.

Afterwards you can toggle the mode which vibrates the speaker to expel water. That's probably the water feature.

I've the Series 1 watch, that's not water-proof but water resistant. I shower with that every time and so far I've no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Does anyone have the steel version?
    I have the sport version and the white graphics on my wathcface are whiter than the steel version which looks a duller white in comparison..its driving my mate who has the steel version nuts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sure he isn't using an antique white watch face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Blazer wrote: »
    Does anyone have the steel version?
    I have the sport version and the white graphics on my wathcface are whiter than the steel version which looks a duller white in comparison..its driving my mate who has the steel version nuts :D

That's because how light transmits and reflects through the sapphire crystal on the steel vs the glass.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is there a way to expel the water from the speaker without actually having to start and finish a water-based workout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

awec wrote: »
    Is there a way to expel the water from the speaker without actually having to start and finish a water-based workout?

I think you need swipe up from the bottom of your watch face and tap on the raindrop icon to activate water lock then turn the crown.

awec wrote: »

just twist the dial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Blazer wrote: »
    just twist the dial

...or google it!

murpho999 wrote: »
    ...or google it!

somehow I missed the whole twist the dial at the end of your post..I'm not really having a good day today :D

Advertisement