Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My experience with Eir

Options
  • 07-09-2016 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hello Eir customer service. 

I feel Like I need to write this down to attempt to make sense of it.

On the Wed 17th on Aug, two Eir sales people called to my door and convinced me to switch to them from Vodafone. They told me that they would up my speed from 1.75mb to 3mb. They would switch my line from DSL to NGB (or something like that). This ended up being a lie. Eir tech support later told me my line was not capable of this.

I also asked them if I cancelled would I be able to go back to vodafone and it would be all exactly the same. I specifically asked would my contract with vodafone be the same(I would go back to being out of contract with Vodafone). They said it would be the same, everything would go back exactly the same. This was a lie too because later when I went back to vodafone I had to sign a new contract.

They also said that I had a 14 day cooling off period and it normally takes 10 days to switch over. I said good because I would like to talk it through with my wife before it went through. The very next day my internet went off with no Eir modem. Meaning I would be without internet all that day, the following day and all weekend. I rang the number the sales people gave me and it went to answering machine. I left a message and I did not get a return call. It went to answering machine all day too. I had a business to run with online orders and having no internet for 3 working days and a weekend was not good. I have no 3g reception in my area either to work through my mobile phone.

So this was enough for me. I was going back to vodafone ASAP. I rang them and they told me they could not switch me back because Eir had locked my UAN. They said I should contact Eir and get my UAN unlocked and available for switching so that Vodafone could take it back. So I kicked up a bit of a fuss with Eir told them all the above info. They said ok (I have this phone call recorded). I got my UAN and Vodafone Re-signed me up again. I thought great at least this is over and I can move on with hassle free Vodafone service.

Yesterday 6th Sept. I got a text from Eir to say my phone was cut off because my usage was too high (or something like that). I deleted these because I thought they were scam texts because I wasnt even an Eir customer. Then I noticed my phone not working. This is a major hassle when running a business because I had a number of important business calls to make to the USA. 

So I rang vodafone to find out why I had no phone (informing them also of the texts I received from Eir). They said it strange that when they look into my phone it turns out it is blank, but everything else on the account was active with vodafone. I called Eir then and was told my account phone (not broadband) was active with Eir. Somehow during the change over from Eir to Vodafone they had not taken phone. Eir told me I had a bill to pay of €268.30. Im not sure of exact breakdown of charges(because they refused to send this to me in writing) but it was €150(ish) of late cancellation fee(even though I cancelled with 14 day cooling off period) on day 1 I switched back. +59.99 for modem which I refused delivery of it at my door so it got sent back. and lastly it was €58.31 for calls made since 17 Aug. 

I rang today and asked for all this to be waived because of the obvious outrageous circumstances. They waived all but the charges of €58.31. I refused to pay this because this was not my fault and as far as I was concerned Vodafone was the supplier of my phone. I asked them could they at least switch my phone back on until this was resolved. Clearly this was a problem between Vodafone and Eir.  I still this minute have no phone. I asked to speak with a supervisor but was refused. This was a long call which I have recorded personally. My priority was getting my phone working, but not at the expense of the €58.31. 

I went back to Vodafone and they could not switch me because it was a different UAN (than i had previously with Eir). They said that this is why the switch did not go through properly, because somehow I had a different UAN for my phone than I did for my broadband. They were baffled as to how this could happen and had never seen it before. Normally you have to take the phone before you are even able to take the broadband, so for Vodafone to have my broadband and Eir to have my phone is unheard of to them and extremely unusual. Whatever happened its not my fault. . but again il add I have a €58.31 bill and no phone and no matter how much I pleaded with Eir customer support they would not budge.

I needed to get my UAN from Eir again so that Vodafone could take my phone back(properly this time). This would take a few days again and I still have no phone. So I thought to myself, is it normal procedure to get cut off when I have not even got a bill yet? I could understand getting cut off if I had got a bill and then not paid it but Eir just simply cut me off for technically tolling up €58 of calls. So I rang back Eir again and they agreed that my phone should not have been cut off and that they would switch is back on. They said it would take 3-4 hours. This was approx 8 hours ago and I still have no phone.

I also rang to ask for my bill to be put in writing and emailed. They refused to even put the amount on an email to me. They said I would just have to wait for the bill and they could not tell me when it would arrive.

Can you fix this total mess? I am in total shock that Eir members of staff have let this go like it has and supervisors have overlooked and proceeded to condone treatment of human beings like this. I have been lied to from the beginning and now I feel like I have been conned out of €58.31 I just want my phone to work again.

I have 2 phone calls recorded if you would like to listen to them. One today with (I wont mention her name unless you ask) and I have the other call back in august when I asked for my line to be opened up to be switched back.

I really really just want this problem to go away and hope that I can find one good Eir person who is able to fix this. My next step is to send this to the Comreg.

Regards
    Giolla

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Eleusis wrote: »
    Hello Eir customer service. 

I feel Like I need to write this down to attempt to make sense of it.

On the Wed 17th on Aug, two Eir sales people called to my door and convinced me to switch to them from Vodafone. They told me that they would up my speed from 1.75mb to 3mb. They would switch my line from DSL to NGB (or something like that). This ended up being a lie. Eir tech support later told me my line was not capable of this.

I also asked them if I cancelled would I be able to go back to vodafone and it would be all exactly the same. I specifically asked would my contract with vodafone be the same(I would go back to being out of contract with Vodafone). They said it would be the same, everything would go back exactly the same. This was a lie too because later when I went back to vodafone I had to sign a new contract.

They also said that I had a 14 day cooling off period and it normally takes 10 days to switch over. I said good because I would like to talk it through with my wife before it went through. The very next day my internet went off with no Eir modem. Meaning I would be without internet all that day, the following day and all weekend. I rang the number the sales people gave me and it went to answering machine. I left a message and I did not get a return call. It went to answering machine all day too. I had a business to run with online orders and having no internet for 3 working days and a weekend was not good. I have no 3g reception in my area either to work through my mobile phone.

So this was enough for me. I was going back to vodafone ASAP. I rang them and they told me they could not switch me back because Eir had locked my UAN. They said I should contact Eir and get my UAN unlocked and available for switching so that Vodafone could take it back. So I kicked up a bit of a fuss with Eir told them all the above info. They said ok (I have this phone call recorded). I got my UAN and Vodafone Re-signed me up again. I thought great at least this is over and I can move on with hassle free Vodafone service.

Yesterday 6th Sept. I got a text from Eir to say my phone was cut off because my usage was too high (or something like that). I deleted these because I thought they were scam texts because I wasnt even an Eir customer. Then I noticed my phone not working. This is a major hassle when running a business because I had a number of important business calls to make to the USA. 

So I rang vodafone to find out why I had no phone (informing them also of the texts I received from Eir). They said it strange that when they look into my phone it turns out it is blank, but everything else on the account was active with vodafone. I called Eir then and was told my account phone (not broadband) was active with Eir. Somehow during the change over from Eir to Vodafone they had not taken phone. Eir told me I had a bill to pay of €268.30. Im not sure of exact breakdown of charges(because they refused to send this to me in writing) but it was €150(ish) of late cancellation fee(even though I cancelled with 14 day cooling off period) on day 1 I switched back. +59.99 for modem which I refused delivery of it at my door so it got sent back. and lastly it was €58.31 for calls made since 17 Aug. 

I rang today and asked for all this to be waived because of the obvious outrageous circumstances. They waived all but the charges of €58.31. I refused to pay this because this was not my fault and as far as I was concerned Vodafone was the supplier of my phone. I asked them could they at least switch my phone back on until this was resolved. Clearly this was a problem between Vodafone and Eir.  I still this minute have no phone. I asked to speak with a supervisor but was refused. This was a long call which I have recorded personally. My priority was getting my phone working, but not at the expense of the €58.31. 

I went back to Vodafone and they could not switch me because it was a different UAN (than i had previously with Eir). They said that this is why the switch did not go through properly, because somehow I had a different UAN for my phone than I did for my broadband. They were baffled as to how this could happen and had never seen it before. Normally you have to take the phone before you are even able to take the broadband, so for Vodafone to have my broadband and Eir to have my phone is unheard of to them and extremely unusual. Whatever happened its not my fault. . but again il add I have a €58.31 bill and no phone and no matter how much I pleaded with Eir customer support they would not budge.

I needed to get my UAN from Eir again so that Vodafone could take my phone back(properly this time). This would take a few days again and I still have no phone. So I thought to myself, is it normal procedure to get cut off when I have not even got a bill yet? I could understand getting cut off if I had got a bill and then not paid it but Eir just simply cut me off for technically tolling up €58 of calls. So I rang back Eir again and they agreed that my phone should not have been cut off and that they would switch is back on. They said it would take 3-4 hours. This was approx 8 hours ago and I still have no phone.

I also rang to ask for my bill to be put in writing and emailed. They refused to even put the amount on an email to me. They said I would just have to wait for the bill and they could not tell me when it would arrive.

Can you fix this total mess? I am in total shock that Eir members of staff have let this go like it has and supervisors have overlooked and proceeded to condone treatment of human beings like this. I have been lied to from the beginning and now I feel like I have been conned out of €58.31 I just want my phone to work again.

I have 2 phone calls recorded if you would like to listen to them. One today with (I wont mention her name unless you ask) and I have the other call back in august when I asked for my line to be opened up to be switched back.

I really really just want this problem to go away and hope that I can find one good Eir person who is able to fix this. My next step is to send this to the Comreg.

Regards
    Giolla
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Giolla,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear of this experience. Can you PM me the eir account number and I will take a look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Eleusis

Thanks Giolla, I have checked this and the early cease charges have been removed from the account. The outstanding balance owed now is €58.31. Once this is paid the bar will be lifted and you can request Vodaphone to process this.

-Pamela

(The above is my PM from pamela)

-Thank you  for waiving an early cease charge that should not have existed in the 1st place.

-Thank you for waiving a fee for a router I never had in my possession. 

Can you answer the following questions for me please?

1.)Why has my line been barred when I have not received any bills? Normally bars happen when a bill is unpaid?

2.)Why did I have 2 UAN's. One for Phone and one for broadband? 

3.)Is it normal to have seperate UAN for phone and Broadband?

4.)Why was I not told I had 2 UAN's when I rang to request my UAN?

5.)Why do I have to pay anything at all for a mess up between Vodafone and Eir?

6.)Why has this not been recognised and my line line unbarred until it is resolved?

It is now 3 days my line has been barred. 

Look forward to your response. Please don't respond in PM. I see no reason why there cant be full transparency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

In my past experience dealing with eir customer service you're best of lodging a complaint with comreg and quoting your reference number in future dealings with eir - be prepared for a long drawn out process where no one takes responsibility for anything and 1 extremely rude male CS rep

In my past experience dealing with eir customer service you're best of lodging a complaint with comreg and quoting your reference number in future dealings with eir - be prepared for a long drawn out process where no one takes responsibility for anything and 1 extremely rude male CS  rep
    Seems that there are problems with Eir that run right through the core. No person has anyone to answer to that really cares about the company and making it work properly. Likely no one cares except shareholders (if there are any, I dont know). Obviously no one will have to answer for this mess either. They will just go on abusing people.

I will ring Comreg in the morning and ask their advice.  I dont really want to interact with any Eir person anymore but I have a feeling that Comreg will tell me to officially lodge a complaint with Eir. All the time I have no landline. 

Update: Seems they really have it in for me at Eir. They have now further barred my phone to stop me ringing Vodafone cust care (1907). Yesterday and earlier to day I was able to ring 1907, but not now. 1901 still works

• Advertisement

Update: Seems they really have it in for me at Eir. They have now further barred my phone to stop me ringing Vodafone cust care (1907). Yesterday and earlier to day I was able to ring 1907, but not now. 1901 still works
    Hi Eleusis,

I have responded to your PM.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

There is no new PM from you. I have quoted the latest PM from you in a post above.

Hi Pamela,

There is no new PM from you. I have quoted the latest PM from you in a post above.
    No problem Eleusis, I'll resend this.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

What a disaster. Some mess eir.

Advertisement