Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen Disco Wrights Swords

Options
  • 07-09-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI there, does anyone have experience of Wrights Swords for teenagers - I have a first year a 12.5 year old who has asked to go - I have said no. Some of his new group friends are going.
    Are there 1st years there and is it well run? Any alcohol or trouble? Any feedback would be great. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

My eldest had friends who went and the feedback was not great, lots of things going on that should not be at this age group. Certainly wont let my 13 yr old lad up there, to be honest he has never asked to go either so very happy about that

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

allcatsok wrote: »
    HI there, does anyone have experience of Wrights Swords for teenagers - I have a first year a 12.5 year old who has asked to go - I have said no. Some of his new group friends are going.
    Are there 1st years there and is it well run? Any alcohol or trouble? Any feedback would be great. Thank you.

Yes i have had family members who went. They have a first year nights and 2nd year nights ect
    No alcohol is sold.
    What did surprise me or maybe shock me was how the kids were dressed, some of the girls were , well, dressed like 18 yr olds!
    All in all i think its run ok

• Registered Users Posts: 30,506 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's a teenage disco. In my experience no matter where the disco takes places their will be people dressed inappropriately, some will try and drink before they go in, etc. It was the same thirty years ago.
    It all depends on the teenager and how much you trust them!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

It's a teenage disco. In my experience no matter where the disco takes places their will be people dressed inappropriately, some will try and drink before they go in, etc. It was the same thirty years ago.
    It all depends on the teenager and how much you trust them!

Oh God i know. Perhaps it was just me feeling old and thinking like MY parents did about me .

• Registered Users Posts: 8 geraldinec

The first and second year club is as follows: Shorts or short skirts for the girls. More girls than boys at the event. Plenty of staff on duty but the odd fight still happens. Lots of meets happening. It's a big part of the night for many but not all. Usually the event is sold out, so manoeuvring through a crowded night club without stepping on toes and annoying people is part of it ( otherwise you will get attitude). Lots of traffic at the end due to parents collecting their kids, police on hand directing it. Some kids seem to have taken alcohol before the event but it's not a majority.

• Advertisement
Advertisement