Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Canada

Options
  • 07-09-2016 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone could help me here please.

I was planning on going to Canada in May 2017 as I have to enter Canada before 24 May 2017 to commence the visa or else it will expire. I applied for the visa last May and was granted it within 2 weeks, but wasn't expecting it until August\Sept.

Anyway within the last few weeks my friend who I am best man for decided to book his wedding in June 2017 which put me in a bit of a dilemma however then my sister got engaged and decided to book her wedding for July 2017. My contract at work is not up until next year and I can't afford to go now. So I was thinking of going to Canada in May 2017 for a few days to activate the visa, then head one way to Canada in July after the second wedding. Basically my question is do I have to stay in Canada for a set period when I first arrive to activate the visa? IfmI go in May and return 2 days later will this effect my visamin anyway?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

You can turn straight back around and head home - you don't even need to leave the airport. You will need to have proof of funds and the 2 years health insurance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ted410

Thanks. Appreciate the help.

Advertisement