Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heater broken HELP

• 07-09-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Tonight I came home from work to find that my tank is over heating, the heater has stuck to on, the tank is quite warm..! I won't be able to get a new heater until saturday evening, will my fish be ok without a heater till then?
    I've got 5 neon tetra 1 dwarf gurami some danios and cori catfish in it..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

My coldwater (no heater) tank is at 23' currently in this mild weather.

I reckon most of those fish are fine at that temp, not sure on the gourami.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Silversun

Yeah I'm hoping Theyl all be ok,
    I've had the tank for a long time and have never had any major problems.
    Glad I noticed the tempature otherwise all the fish would have been cooked alive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

They'll be fine, I ran a tank for years with barbs and gourami and never used a heater in it.

Honestly, unless your home gets near arctic temperatures in the winter I wouldn't bother with a heater. Room temperature is usually fine.

Advertisement