Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I ordered Broadband on Tuesday 23rd August and still no sign of it due to a comedy of

Options
  • 07-09-2016 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭

I ordered Broadband on Tuesday 23rd August and still no sign of it due to a comedy of errors between 'Eir' and 'Free

I have been told that 'Free Eir' is the name of the installers of your broadband service and I have referenced them a few times in this message.

Initially I was told on Tuesday 23rd that I should have my broadband by the weekend, over two weeks later and maybe 20 phone calls totalling about ten hours I tried, but was unable to cancel. 

The basic problem is that because of an error by Eir my phone number and phone line are "live" in someone else's house and not my house so when an engineer from Free Eir checks the line it is working. Each time I tell them that the phone line is not in my house but someone else's and each time they tell me that makes sense but it's now not their problem it's Eir's problem. 

An engineer I spoke with last Thursday actually told me that even if my broadband had been connected properly it wouldn't work as I've been connected to the wrong Exchange which is too far away from my house!

I have tried unsuccessfully to rectify these issues but Eir keep putting me through to Free Eir who put me back through to Eir with neither company willing to take responsibility. I have asked to speak to supervisors many times but none have even spoken to me. 

There's no point me going back through all the phone calls over the last few weeks so I'll just concentrate on what's happened this week.

On Monday I rang three times only to be put cut off three times when being transferred between various personnel. Nobody felt any need to ring me back. In fact throughout my many exchanges with Eir nobody returned a call whatsoever, at least the technicians from Free Eir rang a couple of times to try and sort the issue... even if they weren't able to as they didn't have all the relevant information. 

Your business processes are wrong. There needs to be greater sharing of information between the various areas. Not sharing information has led to this problem and led to my utter frustration, that and the lack of taking responsibility for the issue. As already stated at no stage would a supervisor/manager come on the phone when requested. 

Finally on Tuesday Eir and Free Eir seemed to communicate in some way after I spent 57 minutes on the phone trying to firstly give Eir one more chance and secondly trying to cancel. 

Even though I have been waiting 2 weeks to get broadband I was told that I would have to wait another ten days for Eir to rectify their mistakes and provide me the broadband. I asked if I cancelled and reordered would I get my broadband quicker and I was told that I'd get it in less than half the time!  So I'm getting doubly penalised by Eir for their own mistake?!

I refuse to believe that there is no way that Eir can't fast track my order after all their mistakes if the will to do it was there, the will didn't seem to be there so I then tried to cancel as I don't believe that waiting 25 days for a Broadband connection in a house with a landline is a reasonable time to wait. 

When cancelling one of your 'loyalty' agents tried one last time to try and get me to stay, I told her one more time that I had no interest unless my broadband could be sorted within 48 hours. She told me there was no way that my issue could be fast tracked or escalated. I saw this as the final straw and again asked to speak with a supervisor/manager. After more than 15 minutes on hold your agent came back in and told me that she was on to Free Eir trying to sort my issue and she felt that if they cancelled my order, reordered it using the right Exchange then she felt it could be sorted much quicker for me. I was told shed ring me back before 5:30pm but if not deffo first thing in the morning as she'd had to wait to get information from Free Eir before she could process fully. I got no call back on Tuesday or the following morning and once again the onus is on me to try and sort out what the hell you guys are doing with my order. 

How can so many mistakes be made in one order? How can Eir then completely refuse to take responsibility for any of these mistakes?  I now have no idea as to what the status of my order is. I don't know if it's been cancelled or if it's being processed. I've no idea if the right phone line is being linked to the right Exchange. 

I'm sick of wasting my time chasing you guys over the phone to try and sort a problem of your making whilst at the same time receiving calls and texts and voicemails telling me that my broadband is now working. 

Can someone please sort this for me as a matter of urgency? Either escalate my broadband and fast track it or let me know that you're cancelling it so I can move to a company that actually seems to want the business. 

Finally, at all times I found your staff to be very nice and courteous, that side of your business seems to be working very well... and I have spoken to enough of them over the last 2+ weeks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I ordered Broadband on Tuesday 23rd August and still no sign of it due to a comedy of errors between 'Eir' and 'Free

I have been told that 'Free Eir' is the name of the installers of your broadband service and I have referenced them a few times in this message.

Initially I was told on Tuesday 23rd that I should have my broadband by the weekend, over two weeks later and maybe 20 phone calls totalling about ten hours I tried, but was unable to cancel. 

The basic problem is that because of an error by Eir my phone number and phone line are "live" in someone else's house and not my house so when an engineer from Free Eir checks the line it is working. Each time I tell them that the phone line is not in my house but someone else's and each time they tell me that makes sense but it's now not their problem it's Eir's problem. 

An engineer I spoke with last Thursday actually told me that even if my broadband had been connected properly it wouldn't work as I've been connected to the wrong Exchange which is too far away from my house!

I have tried unsuccessfully to rectify these issues but Eir keep putting me through to Free Eir who put me back through to Eir with neither company willing to take responsibility. I have asked to speak to supervisors many times but none have even spoken to me. 

There's no point me going back through all the phone calls over the last few weeks so I'll just concentrate on what's happened this week.

On Monday I rang three times only to be put cut off three times when being transferred between various personnel. Nobody felt any need to ring me back. In fact throughout my many exchanges with Eir nobody returned a call whatsoever, at least the technicians from Free Eir rang a couple of times to try and sort the issue... even if they weren't able to as they didn't have all the relevant information. 

Your business processes are wrong. There needs to be greater sharing of information between the various areas. Not sharing information has led to this problem and led to my utter frustration, that and the lack of taking responsibility for the issue. As already stated at no stage would a supervisor/manager come on the phone when requested. 

Finally on Tuesday Eir and Free Eir seemed to communicate in some way after I spent 57 minutes on the phone trying to firstly give Eir one more chance and secondly trying to cancel. 

Even though I have been waiting 2 weeks to get broadband I was told that I would have to wait another ten days for Eir to rectify their mistakes and provide me the broadband. I asked if I cancelled and reordered would I get my broadband quicker and I was told that I'd get it in less than half the time!  So I'm getting doubly penalised by Eir for their own mistake?!

I refuse to believe that there is no way that Eir can't fast track my order after all their mistakes if the will to do it was there, the will didn't seem to be there so I then tried to cancel as I don't believe that waiting 25 days for a Broadband connection in a house with a landline is a reasonable time to wait. 

When cancelling one of your 'loyalty' agents tried one last time to try and get me to stay, I told her one more time that I had no interest unless my broadband could be sorted within 48 hours. She told me there was no way that my issue could be fast tracked or escalated. I saw this as the final straw and again asked to speak with a supervisor/manager. After more than 15 minutes on hold your agent came back in and told me that she was on to Free Eir trying to sort my issue and she felt that if they cancelled my order, reordered it using the right Exchange then she felt it could be sorted much quicker for me. I was told shed ring me back before 5:30pm but if not deffo first thing in the morning as she'd had to wait to get information from Free Eir before she could process fully. I got no call back on Tuesday or the following morning and once again the onus is on me to try and sort out what the hell you guys are doing with my order. 

How can so many mistakes be made in one order? How can Eir then completely refuse to take responsibility for any of these mistakes?  I now have no idea as to what the status of my order is. I don't know if it's been cancelled or if it's being processed. I've no idea if the right phone line is being linked to the right Exchange. 

I'm sick of wasting my time chasing you guys over the phone to try and sort a problem of your making whilst at the same time receiving calls and texts and voicemails telling me that my broadband is now working. 

Can someone please sort this for me as a matter of urgency? Either escalate my broadband and fast track it or let me know that you're cancelling it so I can move to a company that actually seems to want the business. 

Finally, at all times I found your staff to be very nice and courteous, that side of your business seems to be working very well... and I have spoken to enough of them over the last 2+ weeks. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]bobbysands81,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. We're so sorry to hear of your eir experience to date and sincere apologies. This is not the service we aim to provide and I understand your frustration completely. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number and I will take a look into this for you. I will also relay your feedback to the relevant teams as there does seem to be quite abit of confusion and miscommunication here between both departments. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

PM sent Pamela, thank you. 

As stated I was waiting on a call from your loyalty Dept who said they were now sorting it out but that still hasn't arrived. 

The refusal to fast track or escalate the order after the amount of mistakes made by Eir and/or their agents is baffling as that's a complete refusal to take responsibility for mistakes made. 

I await your response. 

PM sent Pamela, thank you. 

As stated I was waiting on a call from your loyalty Dept who said they were now sorting it out but that still hasn't arrived. 

The refusal to fast track or escalate the order after the amount of mistakes made by Eir and/or their agents is baffling as that's a complete refusal to take responsibility for mistakes made. 

I await your response. 
    Thanks bobbysands81, I'm looking in this now and will be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

I thought I'd update since last night. 

On way home I rang Eir to see did anyone have an update for me. After 25 minutes on the phone nobody could give me an update as to the status of my order whether it was still going ahead or whether it was being cancelled. I was told that it was being worked on and that I'd get an update soon. 

Whilst on the phone I got a text from Eir stating ":Service Update: Your fault is still under investigation, we apologise for the long delay, we will update you as soon as possible. Regards, eir"

Now, my landline phone number was on the start of the text but nobody can tell me if it actually is my phone number as this whole problem stems from an error by Eir whereby the wrong line was assigned to my house. 

Another uneventful effor getting no further with nobody having any clue what's happening. 

This morning I got my first direct contact from Eir!!! (Well, I actually requested it when I rang last night) Excellent!!! An update??? Nope, just a phone call to say there's no update and, after checking with manager, no date could be given as to when my broadband could be provided). I was asked would I like to be put through to engineers so that they could give me an update and I said yes... 15 minutes later I was still on hold and had to return to work so I had to hang up. 

Yet another waste of time. 

Instead of staff going and getting updates and providing them I'm being put on hold and have to try and chase the updates myself. 

This whole thing is a joke. Nobody has a clue what's happening and there's no appetite from Eir to resolve this problem. I'm going round in circles trying to resolve this yet nobody in Eir is assisting in any way possible, I'm hitting walls at every step of the way. 

Can someone tell me what's going on?

Can someone tell me when I might get Broadband in my house?

I'm sick and tired of wasting my time trying to solve your problem, is there any chance YOU guys can solve YOUR problem and ring me and let me know what's happening???

I want a response as soon as possible. This whole issue is a joke, could a manager or someone who can actually make decisions please ring me to inform me what's happening? If not please tell me that you have no idea what's going on so I can go off and get broadband from a company that actually knows what's going on. 

Thank you. 

I thought I'd update since last night. 

On way home I rang Eir to see did anyone have an update for me. After 25 minutes on the phone nobody could give me an update as to the status of my order whether it was still going ahead or whether it was being cancelled. I was told that it was being worked on and that I'd get an update soon. 

Whilst on the phone I got a text from Eir stating ":Service Update: Your fault is still under investigation, we apologise for the long delay, we will update you as soon as possible. Regards, eir"

Now, my landline phone number was on the start of the text but nobody can tell me if it actually is my phone number as this whole problem stems from an error by Eir whereby the wrong line was assigned to my house. 

Another uneventful effor getting no further with nobody having any clue what's happening. 

This morning I got my first direct contact from Eir!!! (Well, I actually requested it when I rang last night) Excellent!!! An update??? Nope, just a phone call to say there's no update and, after checking with manager, no date could be given as to when my broadband could be provided). I was asked would I like to be put through to engineers so that they could give me an update and I said yes... 15 minutes later I was still on hold and had to return to work so I had to hang up. 

Yet another waste of time. 

Instead of staff going and getting updates and providing them I'm being put on hold and have to try and chase the updates myself. 

This whole thing is a joke. Nobody has a clue what's happening and there's no appetite from Eir to resolve this problem. I'm going round in circles trying to resolve this yet nobody in Eir is assisting in any way possible, I'm hitting walls at every step of the way. 

Can someone tell me what's going on?

Can someone tell me when I might get Broadband in my house?

I'm sick and tired of wasting my time trying to solve your problem, is there any chance YOU guys can solve YOUR problem and ring me and let me know what's happening???

I want a response as soon as possible. This whole issue is a joke, could a manager or someone who can actually make decisions please ring me to inform me what's happening? If not please tell me that you have no idea what's going on so I can go off and get broadband from a company that actually knows what's going on. 

Thank you. 
    Thanks for the update bobbysands81, I will continue to respond to your PM's.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hopefully some good news from Eir today...

Hopefully some good news from Eir today...
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll check the latest update on this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]bobbysands81 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]and be back to you shortly.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Pamela,

I presume you didn't get back to me because you're unable to find out what's going on in your own company... There's a huge breakdown of communication going on, your processes are all over the place and Eir don't seem to have a clue what Open Eir are doing and vice versa meaning that the customer loses out.

It's three weeks today since I ordered Broadband, despite ringing over 20 times nobody knows the status of my order or what's happening to it, never mind when the Broadband might actually start working! Do you guys even know my the phone number you've allocated to my house? There hasn't even been an attempt by Eir to rectify their own mistake, the customer service is appaling.

This is now beyond ridiculous that even the most basic of information can't be provided to me. 

As a result of this incompetence and the utter waste of my time over the last three weeks I wish to cancel the order immediately. 

Thank you. 

Pamela,

I presume you didn't get back to me because you're unable to find out what's going on in your own company... There's a huge breakdown of communication going on, your processes are all over the place and Eir don't seem to have a clue what Open Eir are doing and vice versa meaning that the customer loses out.

It's three weeks today since I ordered Broadband, despite ringing over 20 times nobody knows the status of my order or what's happening to it, never mind when the Broadband might actually start working!  Do you guys even know my the phone number you've allocated to my house? There hasn't even been an attempt by Eir to rectify their own mistake, the customer service is appaling.

This is now beyond ridiculous that even the most basic of information can't be provided to me. 

As a result of this incompetence and the utter waste of my time over the last three weeks I wish to cancel the order immediately. 

Thank you. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]bobbysands81,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]a new fault was logged on this and it is currently assigned to a technician. If you wish to cancel this order I would recommend speaking with the cancellations team on 1901.[/font]

What does that even mean Pamela?

Is this the same new fault as three weeks ago or a 'new' new fault?

What's the timeline for fixing this fault?

Has fixing this fault been given a priority status due to the three week wait?

Can someone confirm my telephone number and let me know if it is definitely linked to my house and not someone else's?

• Advertisement

Just tried ringing again looking for an update (you can check I'm sure it's logged). 

I was put through to your 'technical support' section. After 17 minutes on hold someone picked up the phone and put it straight back down again without saying anything cutting me off. 

As I said, please cancel account immediately. 

I'd still hope to get these questions answered:

Can someone confirm my telephone number and let me know if it is definitely linked to my house and not someone else's

I'd still hope to get these questions answered:

Can someone confirm my telephone number and let me know if it is definitely linked to my house and not someone else's
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]bobbysands81,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It's a new fault. The standard lead time is up to three working days and I have requested a priority status. I'll confirm your phone number with you via PM.[/font]

Pamela - you say you've 'requested priority status', can you confirm that this fault is receiving priority status?

I just got this text message from Eir - ":Service Update: Your fault is still under investigation, we apologise for the long delay, we will update you as soon as possible. Regards, eir"

I got the exact same message last Thursday. What was the fault that was fixed last Thursday and what is the one now given that this fault is a new one?

Can I please have these questions answered and can I please get a proper update as to what has gone on and when the fault will be fixed?

What a I asking that is actually proving so difficult to give me an answer to???

Why can nobody provide me with any information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi bobbysands81,

Apologies for the delay on this. 

I will request Pamela update you on this as soon as possible.

Stacey 

Yet another eventful day.

Started off promising with a text from eir at 9:58 -

Service Update: Your fault is still under investigation, we apologise for the long delay, we will update you as soon as possible. Regards, eir

I had a missed call at 10:43 but was with a client so couldn't answer, a voicemail left to say they'd try later. Great! We're getting somewhere at last.

Another text at 10:58 - :Service update: We are actively working on the resolution of your fault and we aim to resolve it as quickly as possible, Regards eir

I'm happy now, I'm starting to think that you fellas are actually listening to me at last! Maybe my moaning is getting somewhere!

At 14:08 a technician rings me, asks me where I live, tells me he knows the exact house, he needs to check lines outside the house. I ask if he needs access to house, sure he may as well solve problem if he travels all the way out. He says he's okay, doesn't need it. Great I say, well there's someone there all day tomorrow (today at this stage) so if he needs access we can sort it. He'all be down at house later in afternoon to sort out fault.

At 14:58 I get another text - :Service update: Your Eir fault is still under investigation and is with a technician for resolution. Regards eir

At this stage I'm tingling, this sounds great!

At 17:58 the phone beeps, I check it wondering why at 58 minutes past the hour are eir texting me again, why have the 4 texts been at xx:58? I'm overcome with excitement as I read...

:Service update: We have repaired your fault. If you still have the same issue text "Unresolved - Tel. No." to 50123 and we will contact you. eir

I rush home from work and go through the process of checking my internet, make sure I set it up correctly...

Do I even need to tell you what happens???

I still have no broadband connection.

Nothing has changed.

Over to you eir, an early update early in morning would really be great. At this stage I feel I'm part of a social experiment to ascertain the breaking point of a modern consumer.

Sort it.

Yet another eventful day.

Started off promising with a text from eir at 9:58 -

Service Update: Your fault is still under investigation, we apologise for the long delay, we will update you as soon as possible. Regards, eir

I had a missed call at 10:43 but was with a client so couldn't answer, a voicemail left to say they'd try later. Great! We're getting somewhere at last.

Another text at 10:58 - :Service update: We are actively working on the resolution of your fault and we aim to resolve it as quickly as possible, Regards eir

I'm happy now, I'm starting to think that you fellas are actually listening to me at last! Maybe my moaning is getting somewhere!

At 14:08 a technician rings me, asks me where I live, tells me he knows the exact house, he needs to check lines outside the house. I ask if he needs access to house, sure he may as well solve problem if he travels all the way out. He says he's okay, doesn't need it. Great I say, well there's someone there all day tomorrow (today at this stage) so if he needs access we can sort it. He'all be down at house later in afternoon to sort out fault.

At 14:58 I get another text - :Service update: Your Eir fault is still under investigation and is with a technician for resolution. Regards eir

At this stage I'm tingling, this sounds great!

At 17:58 the phone beeps, I check it wondering why at 58 minutes past the hour are eir texting me again, why have the 4 texts been at xx:58? I'm overcome with excitement as I read...

:Service update: We have repaired your fault. If you still have the same issue text "Unresolved - Tel. No." to 50123 and we will contact you. eir

I rush home from work and go through the process of checking my internet, make sure I set it up correctly...

Do I even need to tell you what happens???

Nothing has changed.

Over to you eir, an early update early in morning would really be great. At this stage I feel I'm part of a social experiment to ascertain the breaking point of a modern consumer.

Sort it.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]bobbysands81,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked the status and notes on this fault and the technician has advised the service now ok to etu at side of house.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you plug a phone into the socket and make a test call to rule out any internal issues?[/font]

Pamela,

I am not in the house at present.

I spoke to a technician two weeks ago today who agreed that he felt that my phone number doesn't link up to my house but it's been connected accidentally to someone else's house. Can you rule out that this has happened?

If I could fix this issue I would but I am not a technician. Someone will be in the house from 2:30pm today. Is it possible to get technician to call in and sort the issue?

How much more of my time is going to be taken up with this issue when getting a technician to call around would be by far the quickest and most cost effective way of solving this problem?

Pamela,

I am not in the house at present.

I spoke to a technician two weeks ago today who agreed that he felt that my phone number doesn't link up to my house but it's been connected accidentally to someone else's house. Can you rule out that this has happened?

If I could fix this issue I would but I am not a technician. Someone will be in the house from 2:30pm today. Is it possible to get technician to call in and sort the issue?

How much more of my time is going to be taken up with this issue when getting a technician to call around would be by far the quickest and most cost effective way of solving this problem?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid all technicians would be already assigned to their jobs and we would be unable to arrange this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]bobbysands81.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you plug a phone into the socket and dial 199000 an automated voice will call you back the number allocated to the line. As far as I am aware there should be no issues with this. Can you try this when you are home and let me know how it goes.[/font]

Can you let me know when you are home bobbysands81? I will ask the technical team to call you on your mobile and arrange a troubleshooting session.

-Pamela

• Advertisement

When the technician was actually outside my house yesterday why couldn't he have called in to find out where the fault lay? So yesterday he was scheduled to do it, but didn't do it, and today he can't do it because he's not scheduled to do it?

There is absolutely no will here from eir or Open eir to sort this issue.

Instead you want me to troubleshoot, even though I'm not a technician whilst your actual technician was right outside my door yesterday.

You've no problem wasting my time in this charade which is costing me a fortune due to the amount of missed work but your own technician can't call to my house even though he was right outside it.

Shambles.

When the technician was actually outside my house yesterday why couldn't he have called in to find out where the fault lay? So yesterday he was scheduled to do it, but didn't do it, and today he can't do it because he's not scheduled to do it?

There is absolutely no will here from eir or Open eir to sort this issue.

Instead you want me to troubleshoot, even though I'm not a technician whilst your actual technician was right outside my door yesterday.

You've no problem wasting my time in this charade which is costing me a fortune due to the amount of missed work but your own technician can't call to my house even though he was right outside it.

Shambles.
    I can understand your frustration bobbysands81, apologies for the inconvenience caused.
    When the technical team run a line test the line is clear and this is why they wish to speak with you directly to perform some troubleshooting.

-Pamela 

Phone working.

Modem doesn't seem to be working.

No devices are picking up the zyxel D1000, it's not showing up in 'connections' for any device.

Tried turning off/on, tried resetting umpteen times, the power and the wi-if lights are solid green at all times, no other lights are coming on no matter how long I leave the modem on for. I've tried connecting with an Ethernet cable and no use. I've tried disconnecting the phone and just leaving modem connected and no joy either.

Phone working.

No devices are picking up the zyxel D1000, it's not showing up in 'connections' for any device.

Tried turning off/on, tried resetting umpteen times, the power and the wi-if lights are solid green at all times, no other lights are coming on no matter how long I leave the modem on for. I've tried connecting with an Ethernet cable and no use. I've tried disconnecting the phone and just leaving modem connected and no joy either.

Phone working.

No problem  bobbysands81, let me know when you are free to take a call.

-Pamela 

Pamela,

Do I need to be at home to take the call?

Pamela,

Do I need to be at home to take the call?
    Yes  bobbysands81, the technical team will try and sync with your connection when you are there.

-Pamela 

Pamela,

I won't be home but my partner can take the call, I'll PM you now.

Pamela,

I won't be home but my partner can take the call, I'll PM you now.
    Thanks bobbysands81,

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dial your mobile with the LL and ensure the correct number appears. 

Advertisement