Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I ordered Broadband on Tuesday 23rd August and still no sign of it due to a comedy of

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Thanks ED E for the suggestion. I did that last night and the right number does appear.

Pamela - no phonecall was received.

I'm seriously starting to think that I'm the victim of a prank here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Apologies  bobbysands81, I'm still waiting for the technical team to get back to me. Can you suggest another suitable time for a call?

-Pamela 

I won't be available from 5pm today bobbysands81 so if you need any assistance another member of the team will be online Monday to help.

-Pamela

A technician arranged to ring at 6pm yesterday evening... yet again no phonecall came. Yet again let down by eir.

This is a shambles Pamela.

No attempt at all made by eir to resolve their problem.

What's next Pamela? 4 weeks later still no Broadband, I have wasted hours trying to resolve this, I've taken time off work, my partner has taken time off work, yet no solution in sight.

It's seriously not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

A technician arranged to ring at 6pm yesterday evening... yet again no phonecall came. Yet again let down by eir.

This is a shambles Pamela.

No attempt at all made by eir to resolve their problem.

What's next Pamela? 4 weeks later still no Broadband, I have wasted hours trying to resolve this, I've taken time off work, my partner has taken time off work, yet no solution in sight.

It's seriously not good enough.
    Hi bobbysands81,

I am very sorry to hear this. I completely understand how frustrating this must for you. 

Have you contacted our appointments team directly to query this with them? 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Ciara,

I've made 25-30 phone calls totalling many hours, I've rang anyone that's been suggested but gotten nowhere.

Can eir not take some responsibility to solve their problem?

Is there a manager there that can take this on and help solve it please?

I find it strange that customer service aren't actually helping to resolve this.

Spoke to your support fellas on the 1890 number last night who told me that there's another fault on the line (is this the fourth?) and that it would take a few more days to fix. He also said that I shouldn't be on the exchange I'm in and that I'll never have a good connection on that Exchange. This has previously been said to me 2.5 weeks ago by another technician who noted my file so that I wouldn't be put on the Exchange I'm currently on but on the one that's much closer. Yet another example of your processes failing.

Back to square one by the looks of it. No resolution in sight and no appetite from eir to fast track or prioritise this issue.

Contempt is the term that comes to mind. This thread reads as an advert as to all that's wrong in eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Spoke to your support fellas on the 1890 number last night who told me that there's another fault on the line (is this the fourth?) and that it would take a few more days to fix. He also said that I shouldn't be on the exchange I'm in and that I'll never have a good connection on that Exchange. This has previously been said to me 2.5 weeks ago by another technician who noted my file so that I wouldn't be put on the Exchange I'm currently on but on the one that's much closer. Yet another example of your processes failing.

Back to square one by the looks of it. No resolution in sight and no appetite from eir to fast track or prioritise this issue.

Contempt is the term that comes to mind. This thread reads as an advert as to all that's wrong in eir.

I had similar problems with this company I ended up ringing comrag and it was sorted in 22hrs later I recommended getting in touch with them instead of wasting time with EIR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

I am very sorry to hear this Bobbysands81.

I completely understand your frustration with this and I apologise we are unable to offer you some better news today.

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

• Advertisement

Ciara, why can't a manager get involved with this issue and ensure it's being properly investigated and addressed and ensuring that it's being dealt with appropriately and receiving some priority due to the length of time the issue is ongoing and the comedic mistakes that eir are committing?

Once again there's no responsibility being taken by eir for this mess. There's absolutely no will being shown by eir to sort this.

What you're basically saying to me is... "Sorry, you're right, it's our problem... but we're not bothered fixing it."

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Bobbysands, get out while you still can and get a reputable supplier in that actually cares somewhat about its customers. 
    Their policies and ways of working are archaic. 
    Eir has the worst customer service of any company i ever had to deal with. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

OP watch out and think twice before joining. I switched from UPC about 2 months ago. Last months bill included a charge for exceeding my bb allowance - should have been 45 Euro, turned out to be near 200. Never was it mentioned that you are restricted to 1tb in the adverts I saw or the sales calls, instead front and center are unlimited usage. 1tb is tiny when you look at a 100mb dl speed. Dl a couple of games and 80gb could be gone, spent any length of time on youtube or Netflix and see your usage rocket. Never in all my time with UPC was there a surcharge, so beware!

5 automated text messages since last Thursday but still no update...

Any update eir?

5 automated text messages since last Thursday but still no update...

Any update eir?
    I have requested an update on this bobbysands81 & will be back to you as soon as I have further information.

-Pamela 

Thanks Pamela, just got another generic automated response masquerading as an update. I know this because that's my fourth time getting the exact same generic automated text.

A real text with real information stating when the fault might be fixed would be great.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Dude they're making you look like a fool.

And if you continue to put up with this you'll deserve everything you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I've been through this hell before. Eir are the worst company I've ever dealt with but there's often no choice but to put up with it. They're a real sham of an operation.

Another technician rang me on Tuesday, I have his name but obviously not going to publish it here. He told me that he was the FIFTH technician in the last few weeks doing he same thing to fix the problem which wasn't working. He couldn't understand why eir aren't solving the issue. Again he stated I was on the wrong Exchange yet for some reason no technician will change Exchange in on.

He said he'd find out what was going on and come back to me... I tried contacting him yesterday and couldn't get him.

So guys, any chance you could tell me when I'm going to get Broadband? How about you actually answer the question. When am I getting broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'd be cancelling and go to another operator. Life's too short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I'd be cancelling and go to another operator. Life's too short
    I'm guessing it's not an option for him. 

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

zulutango wrote:
    I'm guessing it's not an option for him.

It probably isn't, but I'd stop dd payments until it's resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

He should stop DD payments straight away. We had to do that, if we didn't we would have had all the extra charges taken from our account. Im sure it would have took ages to get a refund!! We wont be going back to DD payments either. Will just pay as the bill comes in, as i need to check the bill each month from now on!!

Another technician rang me on Tuesday, I have his name but obviously not going to publish it here. He told me that he was the FIFTH technician in the last few weeks doing he same thing to fix the problem which wasn't working. He couldn't understand why eir aren't solving the issue. Again he stated I was on the wrong Exchange yet for some reason no technician will change Exchange in on.

He said he'd find out what was going on and come back to me... I tried contacting him yesterday and couldn't get him.

So guys, any chance you could tell me when I'm going to get Broadband? How about you actually answer the question. When am I getting broadband?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]bobbysands81, I'll check this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If it is an exchange issue he will close the fault advising of this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We can then make the necessary amendments.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Pamela,

Have a look back at the last 5 weeks of contact, I guarantee you it won't be that easy.

Rob.

Thanks bobbysands81, I'll check this.
    If it is an exchange issue he will close the fault advising of this.
    We can then make the necessary amendments.

-Pamela

Pamela,

2 technicians have already stated this as a reason.

Do you have to wait until a third states it that you actually take action?

Thanks bobbysands81, I'll check this.
    If it is an exchange issue he will close the fault advising of this.
    We can then make the necessary amendments.

-Pamela

Pamela,

2 technicians have already stated this as a reason.

Do you have to wait until a third states it that you actually take action?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]bobbysands81,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]unfortunately neither technician has advised there is an exchange issue.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have flagged this with our wholesale department and asked them to take a look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Pamela, the very first technician that looked at it said that I was on the wrong Exchange. That has been backed up by two other technicians over the phone to me including the fella from the other day.

Five and a half weeks later it's getting flagged??? Woo Hoo!

5 technicians later and you still haven't a notion what's going on.

If you actually rang a technician and asked him to fix it it would be fixed. No appetite to sort this mess.

This thread is a fantastic advertisement for the ineptitude of your company.

Have a great weekend.

I can understand your frustration bobbysands81, unfortunately neither technician has advised there is an exchange issue.
    I have flagged this with our wholesale department and asked them to take a look into this.

-Pamela

Pamela, saying that "neither technician has advised there is an exchange issue" has really annoyed me.

Can you please find out how far away from the Wexford town Exchange I am and how far away from the Killinick Exchange I am?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 supremolad

Had similar issues with delays to my installation. Registered on August 10th, didnt get the broadband and tv installed until September 27th. Had multiple no-shows from technicians, and numerous phone calls and chats with Eir customer support staff which led nowhere.

Eventually got sorted almost 6 weeks after initially registering, but only after I kicked up a big fuss. Eir is easily the worst company I have dealt with in Ireland. 

The only reason I didn't pull the plug on them was because of their sports package of 6 channels which offer virtually everything I need. I would have stayed with Virgin Media otherwise.

Advertisement