Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I ordered Broadband on Tuesday 23rd August and still no sign of it due to a comedy of

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

supremolad wrote: »
    Had similar issues with delays to my installation. Registered on August 10th, didnt get the broadband and tv installed until September 27th. Had multiple no-shows from technicians, and numerous phone calls and chats with Eir customer support staff which led nowhere.

Eventually got sorted almost 6 weeks after initially registering, but only after I kicked up a big fuss. Eir is easily the worst company I have dealt with in Ireland. 

The only reason I didn't pull the plug on them was because of their sports package of 6 channels which offer virtually everything I need. I would have stayed with Virgin Media otherwise.
    I'm so sorry to hear this supremolad.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

6 weeks after ordering it I finally got "broadband!!!"

I have a lovely 'EIRCOM' modem as the newer ones don't work as well!

So I just ran a speedtest...

5687768408.png

Remind me again how much a month this is costing me?!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 526 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

We had sales guy call to our house and sign us up for fibre broadband on September 7th only for the engineer to call today for installation to tell us we are too far away by 400 metres from the exchange. What an absolute joke. I hope he got a good commission cause he signed up a load down our road whom will have the same news. 

6 weeks after ordering it I finally got "broadband!!!"

I have a lovely 'EIRCOM' modem as the newer ones don't work as well!

So I just ran a speedtest...

5687768408.png

Remind me again how much a month this is costing me?!
    Glad to hear your broadband is now active bobbysands81, thanks for the update.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

^^^^^^^

That is hilarious 

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

zulutango wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^

That is hilarious 

:pac:
    lol, you couldn't make this stuff up.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Glad to hear your broadband is now active bobbysands81, thanks for the update.

-Pamela 
    Are you for real?
    He would be better off on dial up!

Hey Pamela,

How much a month am I paying for these speeds?

5693505891.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

This is one of the funniest threads I've seen in ages!

Do you have any alternative providers OP? And is the speed just poor as you may be far from the exchange?

Hey Pamela,

How much a month am I paying for these speeds?

5693505891.png
    Unfortaunly speeds are not guaranteed  bobbysands81.
    Have you contacted the technical team to troubleshoot this?

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

This is it Pamela, my line has a capacity of 1mb so we're running close to capacity with those speeds.

How much am I paying for those speeds?

This is it Pamela, my line has a capacity of 1mb so we're running close to capacity with those speeds.

How much am I paying for those speeds?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration bobbysands81 with receiving such low speeds however broadband is charged at a set bundle rate and not by the individual speeds each customer will receive. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately if your line capacity is 1mb we would be unable to increase this. If you are still within your 14 day cooling off period and wish to withdraw from service please feel free to PM me and I'll arrange this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies I cannot assist you with this further.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Were you told at any time in this whole long sorry saga,that your line would have a capacity of 1 mbps?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭renov8

I decided to read this thread cause I am also wading through the misery that is Eir customer support. If I was you, OP, I would be cancelling this immediately and not handing over any more money. Beware though, I cancelled my service within the 14 day cooling off period. That was 4 months ago and they have STILL not managed to process the cancellation. I can't get another provider until they process the cancellation and release the phone line so i've been using their service and ignoring their bills since early June. :pac: 

By far and away the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Thanks again Pamela but can you tell me how much a month I'm paying for this service?

Pamela,

Can you answer my query please as I need to know whether it's worth paying that amount for what is basically dial up speeds.

Can you also let me know when my 14 day cooling off period ends?

Thanks.

Pamela,

Can you answer my query please as I need to know whether it's worth paying that amount for what is basically dial up speeds.

Can you also let me know when my 14 day cooling off period ends?

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delays [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]bobbysands81,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]can you PM me your account number & I will check this. I'm afraid I no longer have your account information.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

I'm trying to pm you Pamela but can't for some reason.

You've been blocked until your 14 day cooling off period expires :)

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]What error message are you receiving [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]bobbysands81?[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am receiving PM's so there should be no issue.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement

I click on your name and it doesn't direct me to allow me to contact you by pm.

I'm on honeymoon so it's a bit annoying to be trying to still sort this issue.

Congrats!

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have sent you a PM [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]bobbysands81.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Congratulations :D, I agree it’s definitely not something you want to worry about on your honeymoon. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Just let me know what you would like me to do & I'll follow it up for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

Advertisement