Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas market 2016

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Looking well, hope this makes the begrudgers of last years market think twice or are they already trying to come up with new complaints. A g(r)ass bunch altogether

https://twitter.com/galwayindo/status/799761960380329988

Haven't been down yet, Anyone have a non Photoshop n filtered picture?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Ahh, where was it last year???

It did not exist - unless it was mini minature wheel hidden away in some corner? :confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

That's not a photoshop, it's called a long exposure shot which involves leaving the lens open for appox 30 seconds. Captures nighttime lights beautifully.

If you feel like being a smartarse / bah humbug maybe you should research what a photoshop is instead of looking like an ass!

Whatever happened to lollipops, ice cream and positivism in forums?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The big question is - are there chimney cakes this year?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

3acca90d29.jpeg:D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nothing special really eh, just a bunch of wooden huts on a path.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

snubbleste wrote: »
    Whatever happened to lollipops, ice cream and positivism in forums?

Certain posters complained about it,something to do with the council I think.

• Advertisement

Certain posters complained about it,something to do with the council I think.
    The Council of Happiness?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'm pretty effin excited about that Ferris wheel tbh.

Anyone been in yet? Any new stalls worth reporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The Market is really nice this year, I quite like they layout. It feels like there are distinct areas (around the beer tent, funfair section, kiosks along the path).

The kiosks seem mostly the same, though I was surprised to see a large stall just for dog clothes. It's not necessary, and they could've got two smaller stalls of more interest to the public in the same space.

Still though, overall it's quite nice. I was very surprised to see a queue out to Café Express for the beer tent at 9pm, with people only being let in as others came out. Is it really that great inside? I didn't go in, but from outside it just seemed like a big cold hall, and I was more than happy drinking mulled wine outside in the clear night air.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    The tent was shìtë any other year I've looked in. Different lads have the running of it this year so hopefully it's improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

^
    The tent was shìtë any other year I've looked in. Different lads have the running of it this year so hopefully it's improved.

If you like very loud xmas music, a cold tent and places rammed full then it's for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Same as every other year so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

They are but they're terrible. It's not the same guy running the stand as previous years. The people they have running the place haven't got a clue. Got handed 2 burned ones and they were nowhere near as nice as previous years. Not impressed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Was wondering why there wasn't a queue, noticed it wasn't the same guy, watched the two guys in the hut for a little while and decided against a chimney cake. Reading the post above, I made the right call.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No French bakery - which for me was the highlight of the market.

Two Charcoal grill thingies. Two stalls with overpriced sweets by weight.

Only new-to-this-market thing I saw was decorated light switch covers.

Santa's Grotto is in the old tourist kiosk, good to see the space used but the scale of it just seems wrong for Santa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I went in today for a quick ramble about. Wasn't intending on buying anything. I bought a hot chocolate and rambled about. Visited many stalls and I did find something I really like so I will probably go back again next week. I was delighted to find the nuns stall too. Won't be going anywhere near the big wheel. I'm afraid of heights. Loved the atmosphere.

I suspect next year taxi men will be complaining about the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

No French bakery - which for me was the highlight of the market.

Two Charcoal grill thingies. Two stalls with overpriced sweets by weight.

Only new-to-this-market thing I saw was decorated light switch covers.

Santa's Grotto is in the old tourist kiosk, good to see the space used but the scale of it just seems wrong for Santa.

I was looking for the French bakery today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Took a trip in this weekend and thought the market was loverly.. Lots of people alright walking around aimlessly but sure thats anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I see Forever Living have a hut and have a big "Recruiting Now" sign up to get people into their pyramid scheme (aka multi-level marketting).

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

If you like very loud xmas music, a cold tent and places rammed full then it's for you.

but steiners

or something

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was in the beer tent.

Music much too loud but other than that good cheer and had a good time.

I think I will go in with a decibel meter and if it's too loud I will sue for hearing damages ;)
    Only joking but organisers, please lower the volume, for the customers as well as for the bar staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

If I see a group of disgruntled lads standing next to the speakers with a bunch of decibel meters I'll assume it's a Boards Beers and make sure to shout "Hello". :p

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

€4 of a tray of chips from the cheese and chips stall!!!. i took a stroll to McDonaghs and had a plate of chips for €2.80 instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

So you saved €1.20 and didnt get cheese!!! why are people so negative about the market

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement