Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a Toyota carolla 06 that was crash repaired

• 08-09-2016 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am buying a toyota corolla 1.4 crash repair its a 06 and it had some sort of crash. The seller pointed out I there a paint job done on the side and new light put iand bonnet is a bit uneven. It passed nct last April. He the seller also a mechanic says he doesn't see any damage. The repair was done down the passenger side. It drives ok. The passenger side wing mirror mechanism isn't working. The window operating system is damaged. The seller isn't the most confident seller of a car. What should I do, buy or walk away?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

raher1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am buying a toyota corolla 1.4 crash repair its a 06 and it had some sort of crash. The seller pointed out I there a paint job done on the side and new light put iand bonnet is a bit uneven. It passed nct last April. He the seller also a mechanic says he doesn't see any damage. The repair was done down the passenger side. It drives ok. The passenger side wing mirror mechanism isn't working. The window operating system is damaged. The seller isn't the most confident seller of a car. What should I do, buy or walk away?
    What price are you getting it for?
    What sort of a buyer/owner are you? From the way you've written your post, and the fact you're asking the question in the first place, I'm guessing you're more of a "just drive it, don't want a 'project'" sort of owner. I'd therefore tend to lean in the direction of saying "walk by".

However, if this really is a very cheap car, answer might change. You'd also want to get a mechanic to have a look at it I'd say (your post is a little unclear on who the mechanic was who looked at it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Absolutely walk away.

There are 200 2006 Corollas for sale on Donedeal at the moment. You're spoiled for choice, so why go for a lemon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It would not be unusual for a 10 year old car to have had some body repair work done at some stage. However there are a million or so Corollas out there for sale, why dwell on this one with more questions than answers? Don't be blinded by a low price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sounds like a half ass repair was done seeing as the mirror and windows are not functioning.

Make sure that before you make a decision to buy it that you run a full car history check and also contact your insurer to see that the car is possible to be insured and not blacklisted because of the crash damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Why bother. 06 corollas are worth relatively small money, so why get a rough one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement